A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

steven, please don't ever host on rapidshare, as i was completely foiled by their ridiculous 'security code' (ie BUY ME PREMIUM) thing several times and gave up trying to download your game

steak-man, that looks awsome, but i assume enemies wont be that tough in the final? since that would be incredibly annoying

@ YT vid: can't say as I've ever heard THAT remix of Big Blue's theme before. It works really well, though. As for the game, yeah, the enemies take a surprising amount of pain before finally subsiding, particularly considering how TINY they are, but, eh, plenty of time to do some tweaking.

@ Rael: I'd probably tone down the brightest tones on the big blocks in the texture, they stand out a bit too much, making it look more like the foreground than the background. Other than that, it'd probably work well.

• Like 1

Steven - playing it now, 1 issue, i went into the wall just by falling into it, and was pushed upwards and out of the screen, forcing me to restart. i think this is todo with the small yellow ledges in the first room, i was going up through one of those when it happened

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Rael0505/iceingame15.png[/qimg]

How do the indoor tiles look? How can I make them better?

Keep in mind that these indoor areas won't be very big, so it won't get too repetitive. If I choose to make a large indoor section in the level, it'll get its own cavern background.

Already looks repetitive, at least for me. Try adding some holes that you can see the Background and see if it looks better..

A mockup of my new fangame. Level: Green Hill Zone, based in GHZ of Sega Super-stars tennis.

I thought that was from Sonic DL Adventure. I liked these textures, but you could use darker colors for shading below the grass instead of these black pixels.

I like it too. I just detest dithered shadows. Try using a darker palette instead of black and it'll look much better.

Already looks repetitive, at least for me. Try adding some holes that you can see the Background and see if it looks better..

Yeah, I'm not sure if this is just a bad design though. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.