A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

...what? of course he doesn't, we're just suggesting ways he can improve it. nobody has to listen to any advice given, but it sometimes helps. the fact pretty much everyone has suggested that change since he's shown it to the public would make you think he would have done something about it by now...

...what? of course he doesn't, we're just suggesting ways he can improve it. nobody has to listen to any advice given, but it sometimes helps. the fact pretty much everyone has suggested that change since he's shown it to the public would make you think he would have done something about it by now...

I've tried changing it many times, but every color scheme I come up with doesn't seem to fit. Either I should darken them or brighten them, but I can't decide which is most effective.

I just always thought it was weird that he's using a blurry resize of a ground tile for the background. It's not hideous, but I'd remove it.

Its not a blurry resize, I first enlarged them to double their size, and then everything looked pixely. Then I smoothed out the edges to make it appear as it is.

I'm not using the Sonic Worlds engine with everything programmed, I'm opting to use the more basic version Dami released which only has basic movement and angle detection. I'm programming everything else myself - it feels more like it's my game that way, and I don't have to deal with all the excess stuff I don't use in Worlds. Progress is slowed, but I'm fine with that.

Some screenshots:

enginescreen1.png

Do you see Sonic?!

enginescreen2.png

There he is!

enginescreen3.png

Is that a shooting star? Make a wish!

HUD designed by Blyde, counters slightly edited by me.

Rael: I bet that if you added in more level art, it would look beautiful.

ZFG: How many different things are you working on!?!?

And here is what I've done:

[qimg]http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9996/screenbt6.png[/qimg]

Changed the background tiles, and I added what Green Hill was currently missing.

Nice screen. I was wondering when your level was going to become more like Green Hill Zone. But after adding the scenery like flowers and the totem pole, the level looks alot more nice.

And I was going to say the same thing to ZFG earlier today but I didn't feel like posting at the time. He shown like 4 projects in 2 weeks(exaggerating), lol.

@ Rael: I'm still loving the background you put together.

wutzb7.png

What is the point of that? To be honest that looks horribly out of place. It looks like it's close to you. And for that matter, I think the alternating grass color looks awkward.

I realize I'm not that great with graphics, but those two things stand out very much to me.

[qimg]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5195/wutzb7.png[/qimg]

What is the point of that? To be honest that looks horribly out of place. It looks like it's close to you. And for that matter, I think the alternating grass color looks awkward.

Its a GHZ remake, the grass should be alternating.

Even if it were acceptable, the blocks are just too damn big. If that is as far in the background as it is, each one of those blocks must be roughly a thousand square meters.

Should I make them smaller than the foreground blocks?