A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

I've always loved TFH, really like how it's looking atm Blaze. Just make sure I get to play it one day! ;-;

Well, you could always click the logo in my sig and play the horrible old demos. Even the Christmas '07 demo is pretty horrifically out of date by now.

I am planning a sorta-demo once I get all the features nailed out. Think of it like... a beta test but also a focus test. TFH is doing some weird things (or will be once I implement them) and I figure building a couple of levels to see if they mesh well enough and polling you guys on it is probably a good idea.

Dunno when that'll be, though. I'm about half way through the major stuff in "tfh_todo.txt" (which I wrote out a couple weeks ago), but I keep adding more to it (stuff I forgot I wanted to do) and the hardest/most tedious stuff is still on the horizon.

So we'll see. :icon_surprised:

You know Rael, i really dont mind the floating ground tiles in that picture. As long as they arent Resized or incorrectly stacked, it doesnt look too bad.

Did you see the level map he posted a few pages back? The problem comes when he overuses it. It makes the level appear very empty and like a series of thin rails, not at all like a tropical island like the original emerald hill and angel island.

It's okay to use it, but very sparingly. And get rid of the black, it shouldn't have a shadow if the grass doesn't have an object below it.

And I know I'm really busting your chops about this stuff but otherwise I really do like the way your level is shaping up. I look forward to seeing what you can do gameplay-wise, keep it up, ZFG.

I'm surprised the breakable walls haven't been done sooner, given you can now measure the size and scale of an object. Props to Blaze then for actually going a head and doing it in no less than 12 moves

The tricky part's obviously the graphics, mainly because of what you use for the destroyable wall - You could use a 32x32 tiled pattern, but that could look ugly. YOu could also just have the debris as random "Chunks" that only bare a slight resemblance to the thing you smashed into (It'd probably work for Glass), or you could maybe have an array of different objects to create, or even just randomise it up so you get a mixture of stone, mud, fire etc.

Eitherway, nice stuff. :)

The engine itself is looking pretty good too, and I'm always a sucker for lots of Glowing Effects Of Awesome. The sparks on the rail (I'm reminded of a past incident involving TFH sparks) fade out a little too quickly for me. Be nice if they:

- Shrank a little more until they fizzled away and

- Maybe were also all slightly different sizes to begin with

Much more dynamic and old school. It's leagues better. I'd like to see it in more... natural poses, though.

edit: wait, is this only for grinding or are you changing the look of the sprite? I like the spines in this one much more than in the other. It would be great if you applied the new look to Sonic's other animations.

@Blaze: preferred, but that stray blue pixel under his right eye (our left) is a bit jarring.

@Nitemare: Yeah, it looks a bit plain, but it looks like it'll look ace once you give it a bit of texture. As it is it looks like it's made of flat, shiny plastic or something.

Wow Felik, Sonic Fusion is looking great. I love the flying gimmick toward the end of the video, it reminds me of the propeller platform from that one night time stage in Yoshi's Story. Graphics and music are perfect too. Rep up.

And I love nitemare's background.