A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Okay lets try this again. This time in order to stay on topic I am going to post a few guidelines:

1) You may either a) post a screenshot/video OR B) comment on a screenshot/video.

2) Try to post real screenshots, if you want to post mockups you MUST state that they are.

3) Just try to stay on topic.

Don't break the cardinal rule: DON'T POST SCREENS OF OTHERS' WORK UNLESS YOU HAVE ASKED PERMISSION.

If your computer crashed, and MMF is no longer Full, contact clickteam with your information and they will give you, you're serial number. Or you know, just go look on you're box.

At least he has his foot in the door of 360 engines, unlike some people.

I don't see anything wrong with using a static engine as long as it's well programmed. I'm fully against the built-in platform movement however. I don't care how well it's modified.

@Godmaster: The acceleration and deceleration is too low, but besides that, it's looking pretty good. The collisions are performed rather well.

Off-topic: Azu, what software did you use to record these videos?

I don't know what he used, but I found CamStudio to be pretty good. It's free and it has more than enough options to get a good recording going; a very rare combination. For me, the problem is finding something to convert the video to a smaller size without losing too much quality.

Here's something I've been messin' with for awhile:

titlect7.png

I'm using CLWE Iso-engine for this game, this guy is good.

screen1ti2.png

I also put in a few things I made myself, the Lara sprites were ripped by me and a pain in the ass to do so.

screen2mo8.png

Also I wanted to put in some kind of costume change thing similar to legends, but this would involve changing palletes.

screen3ns6.png

I'm now working on the weapons system, but I'm having a hard time putting it in, I'll update more screen shots to show if I made progress.

The...temple...of...knowings?

Here's a short story:

What if there was a book, hand written by god, that revealed how, when, where and why life started and how, when, where and why life will end?

The truth is in the Book of knowings.

Some story I been working on in Word processor. The temple holds a book telling everything about life and the conclusion of life.

EDIT: Hence the name "Knowings".

I love Tomb Raider games(except that GB and GBA ones ¬¬), an isometric fangame looks a awesome idea, that is few used...

Try making Lara to hang on edges, climb ladders, push and pull blocks; and using TR's textures with isometric perspective for the scenery.

I glad you mentioned that, I was also trying to do that, but found it hard to do so, weapons system is already hard enough to put in alone. So as in alternative, I'm planning on putting lots of paths and switches, maybe a few motorcycle scenes to keep the game going, although I'm still trying to do the hang edges and climb ladders, I think I might have to use a seperate object.

Textures? Done and done, I might rip a few from various Isometric games as well as tomb raider games.

TRD: Err.. I'm not liking the name. Knowings... I don't believe that's an actual word for one, and even if it is it just sounds... off. Now see, the Temple of Knowledge. Now that's decent.

Azu: Is it possible to make a side-scrolling beat-em-up type game (or platformer, maybe) with Mugen?