A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

@ Slingerland:

I use to watch that show all the time when I was little, but the bastards put it on digital cable and satelite and I don't have neither.

@ Scatta: Hmm, I kinda thought "knowings" was a word.....But knowledge would fit too.

@midiman: Played legends? Her ass is BOOM!!!

EDIT: Even on the PSP it looked good.

TRD: Err.. I'm not liking the name. Knowings... I don't believe that's an actual word for one, and even if it is it just sounds... off. Now see, the Temple of Knowledge. Now that's decent.

Azu: Is it possible to make a side-scrolling beat-em-up type game (or platformer, maybe) with Mugen?

MUGEN was intended to be a Shooter, than a Beat'em up,. So, it's possible, with heavy coding.

You beat me to it you spank-fodder!

technically, if one created a massive stage, and then figured out how to have more than just 2 enemies in said level, then a scrolling beat em up would be possible.

Platformer on the other hand...I dont think so. Mugen never had and was never planned to have base collisions on anything other than one x=y line. Unless you made it so that the platforms were a part of the character some how.....but it'd be more trouble than it's worth. way more.

EDIT: Oh and Knowings sounds like something the Angry Beavers would say.

Have you even played the Original Gunstar Heroes? There was no girl other than yellow.

That doesn't matter, because Gunstar Super Heroes is a continuation, not a remake. What I was hinting at is that the genders were placed similarly to their namesake color.

And yes, I have played the original Gunstar Heroes. =P

It's an awesome idea. I'd like to see more if you have any. I take it's a static engine?

Thank you :D

It simply use the "platform movement extension" for MMF1.5, i wanted to make it in MMF2 but the version i got was a cracked version :mad: so i can't use the "Platform Movement Extension"...

I made a little online page with the game ^^

It needs vitalize! + the paltform movement extension, see:

http://dobermannsoftware.net/test/index.htm

Controls:

+left/right = move

+shift = jump

+shift while jumping = bounce attack

Enjoy :D

PS: i made the sounds with a micro and my the sound recorder of microsoft ^^

PS2: The animations aren't finished, i need to make a few more frames for the stand and walking anims and make the real jump and fall anims, and more!

sonic2k6_mmf2.png

Damizean was super cool and updated the Sonic 2k6 engine for me to work in MMF2. I dunno, I guess I'll do one more release with real Sonic 2k6 music for the entire thing. Plus, it's Christmas, so I'm toying with the idea of doing one more level (White Acropolis) in honor of the season, but I never finished my Halloween project so I dunno. XD

I like the glow around the sheild that I can somehow notice. =P

Also, MMF can do alpha transparency, so how come you only added it once it came to the MMF2 version?

That's not alpha transparency at all, it's add blending. It's faster than doing alpha blending and grants better results for effects and stuff.

That's not alpha transparency at all, it's add blending. It's faster than doing alpha blending and grants better results for effects and stuff.

For glowing effects, yeah. Alpha blending is more suited to... smoke, I guess. Additive Blending is good for glowing effects, Subtractive Blending is good for darkness effects.

I hope you add a Boss Blaze.=P

No. :P