A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

I should use rocks, not blocks. Got it.

Also:

[qimg]http://i27.tinypic.com/t7o0lx.png[/qimg]

This is a mockup, but I think I need to make the background darker.

Not bad, but having the white/shiny reflection line going at different angles on the blocks looks funny. They should all be at a 45 degree angle, even if it means you can't touch corners.

attachment.php?attachmentid=732&stc=1&d=1208194909

That's a (very) quick example of what people are talking about. The tree on the right looks like it's just been pasted onto the landscape, whereas the other one blends a little better. A bit of grass around the bottom or plants might also help to break up the image, if used sparingly (i.e. not on every tree).

post-37-138639761968_thumb.png

Bazookaman's helmet - specifically, the Super Scope-alike.

superscopeexamplevj4.png

In the previous demo (the more Sonic-themed one) you got to mess with it a bit for the second level. In this game, you'll castrate the bosses you beat and use their weapons for later levels. Kind of like Megaman.

Thanks for the note on the walking issues, I'll fix it.

Edit: 400th post.

Steven M your game is beyond awesome, and its also quite hillarious too.

Few problems you might want to address though.

-Sticking problems. This is something i havent really seen since Platform movement, the credits say your using static but for some reason touching the ceiling causes me to stop moving, and touching the ground pretty much stops me too. Im not sure if you ment for this to happen, but if by chance you did you maybe should add a landing animation for it.

-only other problem is that the boss fight was too long for it to be so easy. I feel he should have died in like half the time, since all i was really doing was dodging him and he had like no chance of killing me, even though i got hit plenty of times. Make him die a bit quicker, he IS the first boss afterall.

Edit: well, second playthrough it wasnt so bad.

And i think ive found the reason for the bad ceiling collisions, because sometimes i can actually go through ceilings and slide back down. add a ceiling sensor to stop from going through ceilings.

-Sticking problems. This is something i havent really seen since Platform movement, the credits say your using static but for some reason touching the ceiling causes me to stop moving, and touching the ground pretty much stops me too. Im not sure if you ment for this to happen, but if by chance you did you maybe should add a landing animation for it.

Am I right in assuming you expect to bounce off the ceilings and floors when holding the Z button down? Because no, that's not meant to happen. It's a good idea in theory (making the game pinball-esque), but I'll probably use it in a later level. If you mean simply jumping and landing stops your speed, that shouldn't really happen. Will take in mind the animation though.

-only other problem is that the boss fight was too long for it to be so easy. I feel he should have died in like half the time, since all i was really doing was dodging him and he had like no chance of killing me, even though i got hit plenty of times. Make him die a bit quicker, he IS the first boss afterall.

Good point. Fixed.

And i think ive found the reason for the bad ceiling collisions, because sometimes i can actually go through ceilings and slide back down. add a ceiling sensor to stop from going through ceilings.

There actually is a ceiling sensor already. I think it's something to do with the left/right sensors pushing everything upwards and outwards though, including into the background. I'll have another look at this. Thanks for the comments!