A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

I like them and that is what matters.

If you alone are pleased with them, you should use them. Give or take, it's only advice meant to benefit you..Personally I put style over perfection, but honest critique is golden reference..

"My style works", "I like 'em and that's what matters" and such school of thought will NOT get you anywhere. You just have to accept the cold facts and move on, try to improve. You think I felt good when I posted my shitty ass sprites on SFGHQ when I was a little noob WAY back? Ofcourse I didn't.

I'll admit, however, the Sonic one is a much better example of effort. Not that you don't put any on Knuckles and Amy, is just that could use some more refining before they look great to yourself and others.

"My style works", "I like 'em and that's what matters" and such school of thought will NOT get you anywhere. You just have to accept the cold facts and move on, try to improve. You think I felt good when I posted my shitty ass sprites on SFGHQ when I was a little noob WAY back? Ofcourse I didn't.

I'll admit, however, the Sonic one is a much better example of effort. Not that you don't put any on Knuckles and Amy, is just that could use some more refining before they look great to yourself and others.

...But they look great to myself, you dingus. That's part of the reason I'm a little frustrated at the response in this topic, because I thought I did a really good job. But then the nitpick brigade comes in and rips that all to shreds. :P

You've, in your two or three responses, have been especially offensive about this. I'm so sorry my best is not good enough for you.

DW is right. At this point it's obvious that neither Blaze nor the guys who want him to fix his artwork will be able to change the other's opinion. It's true that there is always room for improvement, but that's not to say it doesn't look great already. This discussion is over.

"My style works", "I like 'em and that's what matters" and such school of thought will NOT get you anywhere in business. You just have to accept the cold facts and move on, try to improve. You think I felt good when I posted my shitty ass sprites on SFGHQ when I was a little noob WAY back? Of course I didn't.

Bolded for addition to the cold hard truth. Also, it is his game project. If he want to leave the artwork the way it is, then you better accept it. All I care mostly about is the gameplay, not how cool the graphic looks.

SO I HERD U LYK MODE7 SPECIAL STAGEZ

3dtv1.png

Since I've seen something like this in pretty much every major Sonic project this past year, I'm trying to spice it up a bit by throwing in some cars, explosions, among other crazy shit.

In other news, I happened to stumble upon an old .cca of a long-dead project of mine.

There was once upon a time, before my discovery of Sonic Worlds, when "Sonic Blitz" was "Sonic Adventure Whoopass".

No, seriously, I somehow thought that was an awesome name. (Admittedly, I still think it's an awesome name, although not fitting for my current project).

titlesz1.png

It was a fighting game taking place in the Adventure timeline, and you whooped asses. Go figure.

Title aside, the thing wasn't half bad considering my level of expertise at the time.

charselectce1.png

I'd implemented a respectable amount of characters.

sonic2yk4.png

Each character had a basic x3 combo, air moves, dash moves, up and down moves, and even wall jumping. Although the camera was lame. (CENTER PLAYFIELD ON PLAYER, FTL)

There was one thing that I found pretty funky, though, and that was the "new character" that the game introduced. (This was obviously done before I developed my "all fan characters suck scrotum" philosophy)

lolfanchar1kd7.png

lolfanchar2vr1.png

(His three hit combo involved just blowing shit up)

lolfanchar3xt5.png

Just thought it'd be cool to share some of my old crap with you guys.