A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Just how did you rip the level meshes from those games anyway? O_o

As I know it: When Gamecube piracy picked up and people found a way to rip the contents of discs, they discovered Nintendo accidentally left a piece of developmental software in one of the folders for Mario Kart: Double Dash - it was a model viewer.

This model viewer opens 3D geometry data for a number of Nintendo titles: Mario Kart, Mario Sunshine, The Wind Waker, etc. From there, it's easy to use a DirectX geometry ripping program to get the Gamecube 3D data in to something more workable on the PC. The tool not only opens player models, but it also opens level geometry, as well.

It also works on Super Mario Galaxy, it would seem.

One more video, of Streak's GHZ.

Also, don't mind the fact that I edited a couple of sound effects. :E

Good to se a non-linear 3d Sonic level. Taking off that looping, the rest of the level reminds me a mix of Mario 64 and Spyro.

And what's that huge white box in the other side from the level?

Hmmm... I dislike this new grass, because this doesn't match at all with the new rock texture. Try to use the old grass above that, and add some shading below the grass (in Photoshop, Fireworks or whatever good image editor you can make this easily)

i think we must be really confusing hat poor chap =P

hmm, would it be easier to have the shadows as an alpha layer beneath the grass, so it is slightly transparent and shows the rock underneath? i think it would definatly look better anyway, and would work for any surface you put it on

124bn5y.png

This was fine. The rocks have the right amount of gray to make it look like coastal rocks (Seeing as that's what you're going for in the background). Also the grass' shading is fine, it looks wet, kinda like seaweed or something. The shadowy part you have there is great too.

It's hard to decide on what to choose seeing as how everyone has different opinions, sometimes it's not the best idea to ALWAYS go with what one says, you have to decide for yourself sometimes. If you like it, keep it. The decision is yours, but this one in particular has my vote.

I like how the original rocks are based on Knux's attack rocks from Sonic Battle.

It's a very innovative idea, and it looks pretty good.

And unless I'm mistaken, that newer rock texture is based off of the meteors from the Moon Zone from Sonic Advanced.