A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

He posted it on the old screenshot thread, isnt that public?

Yeah no. The screenshot thread is for posting screenshots of your current project in progress. It's not for taking other's graphical work for your own needs UNLESS they say so in the post itself. That should be really obvious.

Looks like I'll be using jpeg for now on when (and if) I start working on Turbo again.

Yeah no. The screenshot thread is for posting screenshots of your current project in progress. It's not for taking other's graphical work for your own needs UNLESS they say so in the post itself. That should be really obvious.

Looks like I'll be using jpeg for now on when (and if) I start working on Turbo again.

hey, I just thought it was for use since it didnt say "not for use", so you doesnt have to use jpg pictures instead. i promise this wont happen again.

hey, I just thought it was for use since it didnt say "not for use", so you doesnt have to use jpg pictures instead. i promise this wont happen again.

You should always assume it's NOT for free use unless it says so. Not the other way around. A lot of people work hard on graphics for their game so that their game will look good and original. I imagine some people would get really angry if they saw their work being stolen, especially if you didn't give them credit.

There's no damage done, but I think I'll edit the first post with this new rule so that it doesn't happen again.

edit: Nevermind, Brad beat me to it.

for the red, can't you just have a layer ontop that colours anything red that goes under it, similar to underwater effects, instead changing the actual colour of the sprite each time? since i assume it's supposed to simulate going into a room with red light. kinda like the way you can see through the explosions of blazehegehog's recent games, but applied to a larger scale...if you get what i mean.

@khorney: Gotcha.. I will give it a try.. I do have another idea for the lighting which I might also use instead

@spike: I'd hate to make this character roll, but I will make it so non-rolling jumps don't kill if it seems too out of place..

Sockman, they're polygons rendered with Overlay. Basically, LarkSS made a real 3D projection & rendering system for the MMF2, wich is surprisingly fast seeing he has to do all the shiz with MMF :3 (projection, culling, painter sorting, rendering...)

and it has slopes too :)

You know Damizean, there's no way it would be working the way it is if you hadn't helped me out too. =]

So uh, credit to Streak, LarkSS, and Damizean for the special stage which I've seen the layout for and Streak has done a great job. ( fast-working bastard =D )

Just felt like adding to Damizean's feature list that the engine also currently supports realtime shadows for any object inserted into the 3D scene. (Took me a week to get that to work, so yes, I'm going to take the time to metion it. =P)