A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

But that's sort of how Knuckles is drawn. Or at least, was, back on the Genesis.

http://www.theghz.com/encyclopedia/index.php?title=Image:Knuckles.jpg

Ofcourse, Knuckles' head there doesn't seem like a grape, it has a better three dimensional depth to it regarding the head. Yours looks more like, well.. Like his skull is crushed a bit.

Also, Amy's muzzle is awkwardly large.

sereph, i wasn't saying it was uncanon, not good enough to be official or anything, just that the lump was distractingly huge. its even more exaggerated than the artwork you showed, blaze, but it's fine as it is if it's too much bother to go back and change it

they look great, but you should take it as a compliment that we feel that we want to suggest ways that you may improve them, instead of going, say, "OMG that's shit, i don't know why you even bother". as i said before, they're really well done, I'd just consider flattening his head out a bit.

With Ironrind, his art is good, but his actual style is crazy, and quite unique, so there's not much to compare it to in the way of critique and such.

Turn that frown upside down man! you know when you release it the shit is going to hit the fan either way

amy_textbox.gifknux_textbox2.gifsonic_textbox.gif

I like them and that is what matters.

Also, call it a hunch, but let me say: No, if you are reading this thread, you cannot use these. I know I don't have to worry about dedicated SFGHQers, but I know we probably have guests who read topics like this (I get weird emails and PMs on Youtube sometimes about people who mention videos and stuff I've posted in here).

But it's not like you guys nitpicked Ironrind's graphics to death. You just went, "Huh, interesting art style. Carry on!"

The more stylised someone's work is, the more difficult it is to critique it properly. At least, without having people scream ITS MAH STYLE BITCH. Since your sprites are much more, well, Sonic-like, its easier to compare them to official Sonic art and say what's right and what's wrong. Just like when someone's trying to draw a realistic-looking human, its easier to say what needs fixing with it than a drawing of the Powerpuff Girls.

The only thing I have to compare Ironhind's work to is Sonic Epoch. And let's be fair - that wasn't a treat for the eyes in the first place.

Btw decent Sonic.