A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Sonic101: I'm not liking how blurry it looks.. that's all really. Good work.

Whats blurry? The electric zap thingy? Ihat just one from of it, when animated you cant really tell cuz it arcs around and changes color really fast.

Thats awesome dude, glad to see you back.

Thanks for the welcome :) I found a couple hours this morning and decided to work on the game, I finished off act 1 of stage 5 and a new release with that act is downloadable in my games topic thread..

Cool Rougeyoshi I wonder how you did split screen I just posted a topic asking for that yesterday in the assistance forum.

i debated with myself whether to put splitscreen into the xmas pack, cause right now i think my method can be improved. the curent method uses views, but my ideal method is to use surfaces (actually i want to use surfaces for drawing almost everything).

in addition to the help kain provided, make sure in the room settings that your room's view 1 and 2 "View in room" have the same width and height as your view 0's, and that the "Port on screen" has the same width, but have the height half of the main view's. also, make sure that view 2's "Port on screen" Y is half of the "View in room" height. and lastly, make the views follow whatever objects you want them to (player 1 should be linked to view 0 and 1 while player 2 is linked to view 2).

if you want separate huds then you'll have to make use of the view_visible in the draw event of the hud.

Now that Rogueyoshi has posted the screens, I have something to ask you all, guys: Do you think the ground block looks flat? Should I change it's shape to something that would allow me to do better lighting, a la Sonic CD's Palmtree Panic? Otherwise, on some scenarios it'll look flat :E