A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

White Acropolis Act 2 stuff. I haven't added the snow effects yet because I'd like the framerate to stay stable while I test it. =P

waact21dp4.png

Now why would you need to grind OVER the spotlight?

waact22ze4.png

OMG! I am using ORIGINAL sprites. (they were part of the engine Jackel had made for me; they were to be used in his game and they also show up in Shadow of Chaos as a result - the levels Jackel did for SoC are actually levels he did for his game, but since he never finished his game, he's letting me use them!)

But wait, why is he frozen?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME, ON DRAGON BALL Z

SkyLights: I agree with everything Violet said.|

Blaze: That's looking incredibly awesome. If you haven't finished Shadow of Chaos, I'd consider adding that in only with him playable as a opposed to Sonic.

I hate you spriting/engine people. ;-;

Yeah, haven't finished Shadow of Chaos. As always, my focus is all over the place. I think I may have ADD or something. I guarantee you I'll be working on something completely different in two days.

Probably my Castlevania game. Listened to a bit of Castlevania music last night and I started getting in the mood for that.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think my fourth screenshot is just a big, confusing mess. I think I'll change that around in the long run so it's easier to tell what is solid.

I don't think the problem with the graphics is that the level has too little contrast (the style has a high amount of contrast in the foreground) or is built from too small of a set of tiles though, but rather, there's nothing drawing the eye someplace else in the midst of the leaves other than what's on the top of the platform. I think I can easily remedy this problem :P

Thanks for the positive response though, everyone. I'll be sure to keep an update.

No, there's definitely a problem of contrast, but not within each sprite itself. for instance, in that first screen where Tikal is running towards Chaos. There's a platform behind her, but it doesn't really look like it's behind her. I believe it needs to be a tad darker to show that it's further behind her, on a different plane. The leaves on the platform simply look way to tired so yes you'll have to add something to draw the eye from that.