A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

I just played through the entirety of Frost Walrus' stage and there are no bears. This is the closest thing I found:

x4qb6.png

And that is a monkey.

Edit: Well. I was going to include a secret level in this, a quick slap-together; porting GHZ Act 1 in. But it turns out that there is no such thing as a complete rip of GHZ's graphics out there and there is no way in hell I'm going to rip it myself. Kind of defeats the purpose of a "quick slap-together" when you have to do that much work.

So, screw it. Infact, a lot of Sonic 1 rips to seem to be the bare minimum...

I just played through the entirety of Frost Walrus' stage and there are no bears. This is the closest thing I found:

[qimg]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2372/x4qb6.png[/qimg]

And that is a monkey.

Edit: Well. I was going to include a secret level in this, a quick slap-together; porting GHZ Act 1 in. But it turns out that there is no such thing as a complete rip of GHZ's graphics out there and there is no way in hell I'm going to rip it myself. Kind of defeats the purpose of a "quick slap-together" when you have to do that much work.

So, screw it. Infact, a lot of Sonic 1 rips to seem to be the bare minimum...

I believe its easy to rip all of the level chunks/maps in S1, S2 and S3 with SonED. I think its able to be done in about 2 seconds.

Umm... well the ground is very much like "mode 7", it's a tiling layer that has rotation and scaling used along with 3D perspective (Egg Garden uses a variation of this for the 3D clouds too). The objects are sprites that use realtime scaling. I don't know what your definition of true 3D is, but i do use 3D calculations to place the objects and stuff correctly so it's at least as 3D as SRB2. If you're talking about using a 3D API like opengl/direct 3d then no... it was all programmed in software by me

cutscenelb3.png

Goofing around. The opening cutscene. I changed some stuff around a bit because I was lazy and didn't want to find sprites for all the NPCs present in the opening scene, or sprite the Sun of Soleanna altar.

hangingaroundtz0.png

The cutscene is animated with sprites only; no hand-drawn artwork from me this time.

Trying to think of some other easy extras. Stuff I won't have to invest a lot of time coding/spriting.

Cool... But please, no Eggpawns ;_;

I like the Egg Pawns and it was either this or the GUN Robots, and there's no reason Eggman would be controlling GUN robots.

Nice, where did you get the Sonic Rush backgrounds?

Ripped'em from screenshots. If you zoom up on the image, you can still kind of make out JPEG artifacts on them. I tried to minimize the artifacts as much as possible, but they still exist here and there - but you have to REALLY be looking for them to actually notice they're there.