A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Thank you for posting some screenshots TRD. Swimming could work, as long as it doesn't work the same as walking.

No prob, the way I'm trying to get the swimming is:

1. Slower movement

2. No jumping while in water......yeah that sounds right.

3. Your stamina bar (Blue Vertical bar) will decrease alittle faster when swimming.

Because I don't have the right animations (And I suck at editing my own animations) it's going to look like Lara is Wading through the water instead of swimming, but it still should be a nice feature. I'll post more pics to show what it might look like later, I'm going to make one more video when the full engine is complete.

@Spike: Thanks, props to midiman.

(I LMAO when I read that welcome thread.)

I'm pretty sure I can implement it, but it's the fact that I don't have the proper animations for it, and again I pretty much suck at making my own animations. (Note that I'm talking about sprite animations.)

EDIT: Also, it would probably be difficult editing Lara, it was hard enough ripping her.

I guess I'll post some screenshots of what my game Pure Shadow looks like. I posted a topic on it before, but it was locked, and I guess I'll show you some screenhots. YAY!

pseditedscreen1gj5.png

^Beginning of the level Night City

pseditedscreen2zs1.png

^Yesh! A loop that looks enjoyable. I guess....

pseditedscreen3ih2.png

^Grinding included. With a nice spark effect

pseditedscreen4xr9.png

Damn. I'm off the grinding rail >_<

pseditedscreen5tj0.png

^Off the second loop

pureshadowscreenwp1.png

^Awesome. A 3D camera for the first level of the game. Cool eh?

Well, yeah. Some screenshots so far.

Night City seems a bit dull in places, I'd suggest putting some lamp posts, fences or something to liven up the area (such as those shown in screenshot 4 & 5) and perhapes add support beam on the grind rails? and any chance of a change from the tilte Pure Shadow, Ben? it does seem a bit bland.

Other then that point I made, the level looks cool so far and I'm liking the motorbike part of the level. Nice work so far.

I can't believe I'm going to say this to Ben...

Very nice to see Skylight's Star Light Zone Advance lib put to use. Also, finally...it looks like you're putting a good amount of effort into your projects now. The pseduo-3D stage is a nice change as well. Aside from the name, I'm actually liking how this is coming along. Keep it up.

I dislike the background. Color and shading is fugly. And Pure Shadow is one of the gayest names for a game ever.

I've received that background comment quite alot actually, and decided to put the genesis styled Starlight sprites instead of advance sprites that Skylights has created.

As for the name comment, that's something I only had 2 times. And that was from Slingerland and you. Not a problem that you don't like it, but what name do you suggest for a Shadow fangame.........

I can't believe I'm going to say this to Ben...

Very nice to see Skylight's Star Light Zone Advance lib put to use. Also, finally...it looks like you're putting a good amount of effort into your projects now. The pseduo-3D stage is a nice change as well. Aside from the name, I'm actually liking how this is coming along. Keep it up.

Can't believe you're saying it to Ben eh? Well, I wouldn't blame you. The topic did lack in proof, and if I was someone who came across this, I wouldn't believe it either......

Yeah the Pure Shadow screens look lovely. And that Psuedo 3D thing is pretty awesome as well.

Thanks! The first 'lovely' comment. I only get cool, awesome, and 'meh'.

Night City seems a bit dull in places, I'd suggest putting some lamp posts, fences or something to liven up the area (such as those shown in screenshot 4 & 5) and perhapes add support beam on the grind rails? and any chance of a change from the tilte Pure Shadow, Ben? it does seem a bit bland.

Other then that point I made, the level looks cool so far and I'm liking the motorbike part of the level. Nice work so far.

I usually put some dazzle in the level when I have good level design. When I have that finished, I add the decorations. And you're the third person to correct me on the name. Like I asked Rael, what do you suggest the name should be?

Thank you all for your comments though. And thanks for the criticism. Really can learn from that.

It depends on if you've included a detailed story to the game or not, you can take the simple route and just go and name it Shadow the Hedgehog or you could think about what the game's story is about. Just a few suggestions (probably not the best mind)

Shadow of Chaos

Chaos Control

Shadow Control (okay maybe not this one XD)

The Shadow Project

Project Shadow

If I think of anything better, I'll tell you.

Shadow of Chaos

Chaos Control

Shadow Control (okay maybe not this one XD)

The Shadow Project

Project Shadow

Blaze had a small project back then called Shadow of Chaos, so that would be a no go.

Chaos Control is also the name of a fangame that's hindering on Duke Nukem Forever status. Or perhaps I am misinformed.

Ben, nice looking shots. I'm especially fond of the Shadow sprite, and the 3D view looks good. The others pretty much touched some of what I wanted to critique about.

Midi...whatever it is it looks good. :[

Rael: Otherwise? Otherwise what? You just said you disliked practically everything he posted.

I meant to say I dislike the foreground, not the background in general. And only in the 2D screens, the 3D level looks good. I do like the 3-dimensional-looking buildings.

The level looks boring though, Ben. Put in some objects and gimmicks or something.