A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Still needs to do something to address the over-consistency of the rocks. It would help if they just weren't all on the same 16 pixel grid aligntment type thing.

Just as an incomplete example....

attachment.php?attachmentid=751&stc=1&d=1208928540

Rather than doing the big rock thing, try shifting alternating vertical lines of rocks by about half the distance so that it looks like you don't have these perfect rows of rocks in the soil.

EDIT: here is a slightly better bad example:

attachment.php?attachmentid=752&stc=1&d=1208929175

Notice how the example on the left looks a little more natural. Go with that concept I guess and just try to keep infusing every next part with more variety.

post-17-1386397620_thumb.png

post-17-138639762004_thumb.png

This photoshoped grass shadow doesn't fit with the shadow from the flat places... Also, I don't like how the grass get distorted in the curves, it's pixelated, making it obvious that you're using damizean's tool... And in the loop, the rocks are cuted like wall paper, maybe grass would solve the problem...

Here is a screen from my side project which is a Shadow the Hedgehog fan game. This screen demonstrates how Chaos Control works in my game. Basically if an enemy is a certain distance from the player the player will teleport to the enemy's x and y position destroying the enemy. Great for getting past solid walls to different areas.

attachment.php?attachmentid=753&stc=1&d=1209010003

post-1795-138639762007_thumb.png