A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SonicGDK 1.20.109 (along with playable levels inside)

Xaklse

Seriously? Just two posts? C'mon people, let's be a little bit grateful. Look at this engine, is freaking perfect.

Maybe your PC can't run it or you just is scared as hell to try this, because It's sooo magic, and new, and... Holy shit it's in 3D, how the fuck do this work? It's a miracle.

Or maybe you just have a terrible connection and cannot download the UDK (1.8GB) and/or the engine (I guess it's something like 150mb).

But come on, look at this... Seriously, look at all the trouble, all the work and all the affection that Xak had to create this for us. Even if you're not going to use, at least thank Xaklse... It's the minimum that you can do.

---

Downloaded, tryed, and I'm editting stuff as a king... Xak, I know that I'd told you already like, 100 times in the last week, but this game, this engine... It's a masterpiece. And...

p9x33yj194.jpg

How do you download this game? like I don't know which link should I choose to download UK with Sonic GDk.
First you have to download UDK, the "engine" where the game is made, It's the same relation as, for example, Multimedia Fusion, Game Maker, Rpg Maker, etc...

http://www.udk.com/download

Download the June 2011 UDK Beta (1,5GB).

After downloading and istalling it, you have to download the Sonic GDK, the project itself. Pick up one of the mirrors that Xaklse posted or the link that Azu posted.

Doesn't matter from wich one, uses the one that pleases you in the name.

After the download, follow the readme instructions, in Sonic GDK's zip files.

NICE. Thanks Xaklse! I am going to poke around with the engine and hopefully learn a thing or two soon. We're currently delving into the UDK at school here (mainly on the graphical side of things rather than programming since) but I do want to look 'under the hood' so to speak. So this great!

Thanks, P3DR0 and people.

OK, the Colors Sonic model and the super sonic model have been imported and animated accordingly. Is there any way to set it so that Super Sonic uses a different Animset? Or just different animations?
Just modify the AnimTree, there are Super form nodes there.

1.00.005 is up!

Changelog:
* Improved SGDKHud documentation.
* Moved SuperMusicTrack to SGDKPlayerController.
* Moved "lose all rings" code from SGDKGameInfo's ReduceDamage() to SGDKPlayerPawn's AdjustDamage().
* Moved Faction and FamilyID default values from FamilyInfoSonic to SGDKFamilyInfo.
* Added bCanUnRoll boolean and its related code to SGDKPlayerPawn; if enabled, allows players to uncurl while rolling on ground.
* Added MyGame script classes.
  If you want to program a new code package to use your assets properly:
  - Add or modify the files of the \Development\Src\MyGame\Classes folder.
  - Open the DefaultEngine.ini file of \UDKGame\Config folder, add a new line "+EditPackages=MyGame" after "+EditPackages=SonicGDK".
  - Compile; run the Unreal Frontend tool (\Binaries\UnrealFrontend.exe), click on the "Script" button and choose the "Compile scripts" option from the list.
  - Run the game with the option "SonicGDKTestMap?game=MyGame.MyGameInfo":
     C:\UDK\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe SonicGDKTestMap?game=MyGame.MyGameInfo
* Added a pair of notes to the test map.
* Updated the readme text file.
* Included the SonicGDK logo in the zip file.

- Download links: (requires UDK June 2011):

DepositFiles / FileServe / FileSonic / HotFile / MegaUpload / RapidShare / Uploading / ZShare

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentleman, the 1st ever 3-D Sonic Engine!
BlitzSonic and Sonic Robo Blast 2 sends their regards...

But if you were saying was: "The 1st GOOD ever 3-D Sonic Engine", then, yeah... Right you are.

Alright, I've made a good deal of progress but now I have a question. In the animation editor, is there any way to permanently move the entire mesh to fix where the feet are planted in certain animations? For example, I have a crouch animation that makes Sonic lift off of the floor. The feet are not planted in the same place. Can I fix this in UDK?

In the anims editor, you can't move the mesh in a certain animation, you should do that in the 3D modeling program you're using.

Alternatively, you can modify the value of CrouchTranslationOffset in your FamilyInfo class.

Xaklse, I think I speak for everybody when I say that you've made something really extraordinary. You should be proud of yourself.

I just can't wait to play a legit game made with this engine. That screenshot from Lakefepard allready looked really delicious.

I've been following this ever since you started and never thought you'd take it this far. I just wanna say thanks. This engine has got everything a purist like me wants in a 3d sonic game lol :P

Well anyway, I just wanted to ask what the "source"download links are for. I'm not a game designer in any way myself so maybe that's why i didn't know what to do with them.

Well anyway, I just wanted to ask what the "source" download links are for. I'm not a game designer in any way myself so maybe that's why i didn't know what to do with them.
Well, you need that to expand Unreal Development Kit so that you can use Sonic and its physics.
Sonic Colors for Sonic GDK Alpha release. Most, if not all animations have been replaced. Supersonic has his own animations except for his hang anim. I'm open to anyone helping with this and am happily willing to share resources if need be to get this done nicely.
Looks decent in full motion; try to create another .upk package with your assets and leave SonicGDKPackage intact.