A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SonicGDK 1.20.109 (along with playable levels inside)

Xaklse

New 1.00.079 version is up!

Source Code (requires UDK June 2011): DepositFiles / HotFile / MegaUpload / UploadHere / Uploading / UploadKing

• Renamed DisplayPowerups() to DrawPowerups() in SGDKHud.
  • Added null visual effects to QuickStep and Stomp special moves of PawnSonic; forgot about them.
  • Improved SGDKBotController and created EnemyPawnInterpolating for matinee driven enemies.
  • Changed default physics of CameraInfo to PHYS_Interpolating.
  • Changed code of SpeedJumpPad and AerialBoost() of SGDKPlayerPawn so that the player pawn rolls on air if needed and a SpeedJumpPad is used.
  • Added RagdollImpulseFactor and its related code to SGDKPlayerPawn.
  • Improved SGDKEnemyPawn behaviour with multiple hits.
  • Modified the code of Landed() of SGDKEnemyPawn.
  • Improved the way the rings are dropped underwater (RingProjectile).
  • Added a missing ClearTimer() to an EndState of SGDKPlayerController.
  • Added a little optimization to tilting code in Tick() of SGDKPlayerPawn.
  • Skidding sound effect isn't played at low speeds by SGDKPlayerPawns.
  • Increased the underwater FallingAirAcceleration value of PawnSonic.
  • Moved the simulation of underwater falling physics from SGDKWaterVolume to SGDKPlayerPawn.
  • Modified the underwater falling physics code so that it applies gravity to ragdolls too.
  • Created the SGDKWaterVolume_Dynamic class; SGDKWaterVolume is static now.
  • Added no buoyancy to SGDKPawn and max buoyancy to SGDKPlayerPawn.
  • Fixed a pair of wrong values in Duck() of SGDKPlayerPawn.
  • Disabled PlayAnnouncement() of SGDKPlayerController.
  • Added a StopMusic() call in GameHasEnded() of SGDKPlayerController.
  • Optimized FaceRotation() of SGDKPlayerPawn.
  • Added UpdateCollisionCylinder() to SGDKPlayerPawn and modified its related code.
  • Improved code of Jump() of SGDKPlayerPawn when the pawn gets stuck due to wrong world geometry.
  • Changed SGDKPlayerPawn's Tick() so that it uses correctly the TranslationOffsets of FamilyInfos with any angle of slopes.
  • Rewritten the turning penalty in Tick() of SGDKPlayerPawn for Sonic Physics.
  • Modified RingProjectile so that dropped rings have less lifespan.
  • Added ParsePlayerPawnClass() to SGDKGameInfo letting players to swap the playable character with the command line.
  • Less chance to drop rings which go to foreground or background in 2.5D mode (DropRings() of SGDKPlayerPawn).
  • Improved Sonic Physics with very steep slopes (SGDKPlayerPawn's Tick() and SGDKPlayerController's PlayerMove()).
  • Exposed DisabledInputTime of SpeedBoosterActor for mappers.
  • Created the new SeqAct_KeepRunning Kismet node and optimized code of Activated() of SeqAct_SaveStatus.
  • Now the giant rings in the test map are toggled on/off.
  • Added a very steep slope and spirals to the test map.

• 2 weeks later...

New 1.00.109 version is up!

Source Code (requires UDK June 2011): DepositFiles / HotFile / MegaUpload / UploadHere / UploadKing

• Added an option to SGDKSplineActors which writes to the log file the spawned actors to copy-paste them to the editor.
  • Modified Died() of SGDKPlayerPawn; circular blow shadows are hidden upon death.
  • Optimized FaceRotation() and Tick() of SGDKPlayerPawn.
  • Redone HitWall() of SGDKPlayerPawn, with better Sonic Physics and workarounds for native falling physics.
  • SGDKEnemyPawns can't be teleported (PreTeleport()).
  • Fixed a little bug in TickSpecial() of SGDKPlayerPawn.
  • Improved compatibility of SGDKPlayerPawns with Teleporters (PostTeleport()).
  • Changed the default values of FluidFriction and TerminalVelocity in SGDKWaterVolume.
  • SGDKPlayerPawns don't have maximum water buoyancy now.
  • Speed of SGDKPlayerPawn is scaled down when entering water and falling (Tick()).
  • Modified the values associated to underwater physics in InitializePhysicsData() of PawnSonic.
  • Removed ApplyFallingPhysics() from SGDKPlayerPawn.
  • Adjusted RingProjectile code so that it behaves better with the new values of SGDKWaterVolume.
  • Attached actors of SGDKPlayerPawn can face velocity direction (AttachToRoot() and FaceRotation()).
  • Renamed the particle system variables for normal form in PawnSonic.
  • Added a new batch of particle system variables (and their code) for super form in PawnSonic.
  • MachDashEnergy counter is reset to zero in SuperForm() of PawnSonic.
  • Replaced several "PHYS_Walking" with "Pawn.WalkingPhysics" in SGDKPlayerController.
  • Fixed a bug of the native physics that occurs when running upside-down against a wall (TickSpecial() of SGDKPlayerPawn).
  • Modified the code of BaseChange() of SGDKPlayerPawn so that it doesn't hurt enemies.
  • Added a Homing/Light Dash visual effect.
  • Fixed several calls to ForceRotation() in SGDKPlayerPawn.
  • Added MachDashDischargeRate, MachDashRechargeRate and their related code to PawnSonic.
  • Doubled the amount of granted energy for Mach Dash move by rings and ring monitors.
  • Fixed a bug that let players getting stuck at the edges of level geometry (StuckCount of SGDKPlayerPawn).
  • Removed the slope down force for wall-running (Tick() of SGDKPlayerPawn).
  • Increased the HomingDashRadius of PawnSonic.
  • Modified a couple of lines of code of the title card of SGDKHud.
  • Removed bLimitNextBounce from ShieldActor, it didn't work properly.
  • Replaced several calls to SetLocation() by Move() in SGDKPlayerPawn.
  • Replaced three groups of rings spawned by splines by their static version in the test map.
  • Restored a group of BSPs in the reverse gravity section to their original shape.

My to-do list is almost empty now, I'll take a long break from Sonic, so don't expect regular code updates any more.

I know that, but could I have some step-by-step instructions on how to install it? Do I put the files in my SonicGDK folder (which is in my UDK folder) or in the UDK folder inside the UDK folder?
All you have to do is reapply(Like streak said) then go into your binaries folder, then scroll down and find UnrealFrontend. Double click that and it will open up a new window. After that, click the "Script" button around the top left of the window. A mini drop-down menu should appear. Click full recompile, and let the scripts recompile. After that, just run the game and you should be set!

The editor works but when I extract the files into the folder then recompile, when I launch the game either crashes or turns into a super thin window and doesn't respond.

I also can't get the colors model to work with the game when I try either but that's besides the point :D