A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SonicGDK 1.20.109 (along with playable levels inside)

Xaklse

33371.png

I finally decided to create a site for people to keep track for updates, and I hope it becomes a hub to gather news and information. I chose IndieDB because it's a great place for all the features it offers and the community. If SonicGDK catched your interest, drop by and say hi in the new forums, or visit the page dedicated to fangames. SAGE 2014 Act 2 is almost upon us, so new playable versions will be available to download.

Will you add additional playable characters, enemies, and whatnot to Sonic GDK?

The lack of variety is what puts me off about the engine, which is otherwise the best fan-made Sonic engine out there.

Edited by Miru

Really love the engine, but I feel like it has the same problem as Sonic Blitz, with 95% of the games being lifeless tech demos which will never see the light of day. I feel like people are hyped for them only because of the graphics. Only Sonic Lost Adventure and Project AXSX look kinda cool.

Sonic GDK has a lot of potential and I hope won’t share the same fate as Sonic Blitz.

Edited by zykov eddy

Will you add additional playable characters, enemies, and whatnot to Sonic GDK?

The lack of variety is what puts me off about the engine, which is otherwise the best fan-made Sonic engine out there.

I can't add characters and enemies if I don't have models and their related resources, and I try to not use ripped assets. That doesn't mean that you can't create new enemy behaviours with Kismet and add your models; I can't do everything for you people.

Really love the engine, but I feel like it has the same problem as Sonic Blitz, with 95% of the games being lifeless tech demos which will never see the light of day. I feel like people are hyped for them only because of the graphics. Only Sonic Lost Adventure and Project AXSX look kinda cool.

Sonic GDK has a lot of potential and I hope won’t share the same fate as Sonic Blitz.

Only time will tell... I think that using a professional game engine is tough for most people, it takes a lot of time to create something decent, so people needs to get used to the tools first and make levels... that you can find in my SAGE booth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The only thing I dont like about the engine is the camera. It feels abit sluggish. Especially with a controller.

That's the default camera, it's up to game makers to spend time adjusting the camera per zone. 

I Installed Sonic GDK, It Worked fine In The Menu But When The Level Loaded My Game Stopped Responding

That Doesn't Even Help, Make Sure You Meet The System Requirements
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

76840.png

SOURCE CODE -- 1.20.109 -- 09/Nov/2014 -- (requires UDK July 2013)
Sponsored by Andrew75 from Project AXSX
Improves stuff for Sonic Incursion and Sonic Souls

This release has better AI and shooting options for enemies, more configurable properties for GenericProjectile, new Kismet nodes, dummy classes for characters, unlockable levels and other fixes/improvements; check the readme file for more technical details.