A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Kirby: Cosmic Chaos

Minon

customLogo.gif?revision=2

Kirby: Cosmic Chaos is a fan game project obviously revolving around Nintendo's puffball, Kirby. This game is, at the moment, an action platformer. Although RPG elements are scheduled to be put in sometime soon.

-Brief Story-

"Again another incident occurs on the peaceful planet of Popstar.

This time, it is an alien invasion, by the "Verdans," led by Emperor Neo.

Seeing an odd sight in the sky around the same time, Meta Knight can't shake the feeling that something's not right..."

-Screenshots(Newer Screens toward top)-

nss19to2.png

nss14sd2.png

nss13tt8.png

nss07li7.png

nss06nv4.png

-Videos-

Youtube page Note that pretty much all vids here are a tad old and a new one probably should be posted some time soon.

-Staff-

The staff, dubbed as Niftihalo Studios/Azurarok Studio, consists of 10 people.

Minon - Programmer/Modeler

Alby101 - Programmer

BlasterBoy - Story Writer

Mamthew42 - Story Writer

Huepow00 - Musician

GBAKirbster2007 - Modeler/Artist

Nilo - Artist

T3h Sparksta - Mapper

Booman77 - Mapper

Mico27 - Map Modeler

This is a 3rd party SAGE '08 entry. There should be a demo by the con date. In which case I should be sending the demo link to that coordinator mail address, right?

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments you three. I really appreciate it.

That looks sweet. Is your screen recorder dodgy or haven't you put sound in yet?

Those were recorded when there were no sound. There is sound now, but we're still missing some music.

This be the booth.

I apologize the demo won't be so polished as I would've liked it to be... Having a fiasco with moving into college on SAGE opening day doesn't help much.

Whatever the case it is, as I've written on the readme, the media's pretty vulnerable on this, so let me be blunt and say don't steal it or ask for permission to use them(although the sound effects on the other hand are rips, so I guess they're fine).

EDIT: Oh, if I ever get the chance, I may update the demo in medeas res.

Yeah, it's normally referred to as KWii to the Kirby fans. It's first and only info was released in '05 for GC, then just fell completely silent.

That did sorta spark the desire to make this. Three fricken years without any new info, and instead gives us a mediocre game like Kirby Squeak Squad(though I did like the Squeaks, but otherwise, just... no...). Sorry for ranting a bit.

• 4 months later...

Darn it, it's hard keeping up with more than one Forum.

Lessee, update dump perhaps?

For those who didn't go by it, this also got an appearance in the Nintendo Community Fangaming Convention '08 and has a spiffed up version of the SAGE '08 demo (prettier graphics, more "fair" enemies, less bugs)

And by prettier graphics, I mean it like

nss27ni5.png

try comparing that with the ones in the first post.

Epic Team Makeup

metaEpic.png

3D models for Burnin' Leo(Fire Ability Enemy/Helper) and Biospark(Ninja Ability)

BurninLeoWithFace.png

biospark.png

Speaking of these two, I hope those with a DS picked up Kirby Super Star Ultra. Great remake of a classic.

And last but not least, we've got

PINGAS.png

Wait, no, I mean, Online co-op with chatting implemented.

niceview.png

could you tell me the program(s) you used to make this?

DarkBasic Pro for the coding,

Milkshape3D for the modelling,

FL Studio for the composing,

and various art programs like Paintshop/Photoshop/GIMP for textures and HUD stuff.

Ugly as sin.

I'm sorry, did the low-poly models and low-res textures hurt your eyes? I'm surprised, since we're usually given compliments for it looking pretty (and for how accurate they look/move despite that).