A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Kirby: Cosmic Chaos

Minon

I understand the textures are sub-par, but I think the lighting isn't too bad compared to what Kirby GCN and Air Ride's been using, though I suppose there should be some more shadow shading and whatnot.

Also note I've also been testing this using an EeePC 1000 besides my regular desktop, which runs it regularly around 40~50fps out of 60, which I prefer keeping it above.

and I can't find a reliable lightmap generator.

I understand the textures are sub-par, but I think the lighting isn't too bad compared to what Kirby GCN and Air Ride's been using, though I suppose there should be some more shadow shading and whatnot.

Also note I've also been testing this using an EeePC 1000 besides my regular desktop, which runs it regularly around 40~50fps out of 60, which I prefer keeping it above.

and I can't find a reliable lightmap generator.

3D Studio MAX is a reliable lightmapper, but if you can't get access to it, why not try with Gile? It's free and can generate global illumination lightmaps. Anyway, Minon, do you have AIM or MSN?

Oh wow, Gile looks great. Thanks Damizean.

Also, noticing your MSN is a gmail address, do you happen to use GTalk? I use both, so tell me which ever one you prefer.

I don't use GTalk much, I just use the account for MSN, so I guess it'd be better with MSN.

• 2 months later...

I see you've implemented that stacking concept, the one concept that was always planned by Nintendo, but never put into motion. It's nice to see that in action here.

I'm loving it so far. The only gripes I have with how this game looks so far (albeit minor) is that it's too zoomed out, and seems a bit slower in motion when compared to the other Kirby games. Otherwise, this looks phenomenal, and I'd love to see more.

• 4 months later...

Ah nuts.

We have submitted a booth for SAGE this year, but the demo's gotten a few unexpected delays and is not likely to be finished by midnight.

I believe I can get it ready by the end of Saturday, so I'm wanting to know if the SAGE staff won't mind a demo showing up late on one of their booths.

and yeah, said booth's right here, just no download yet.

I'm sure doing that will be fine. I'm in same position with my entry.

I've never made a comment on this topic, so I'm going to say now that this project looks excellent. I'll definitely be picking the demo up, no matter when it comes out.