A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic XG Is Here.

Sir Euan

Hey, there is one way Sonic XG could get better than this (Besides adding Retro Sonic). Here goes... Retro Sonic XG Nexus Rift 4, the combination of Sonic XG, Retro Sonic, Sonic Nexus, Sonic Rift, and Sonic 4 (by Spike). Greatest game ever. :P

Too many cooks...

Hope I'm not too late here....

But I LOVED the demo, sure it was glitchy in spots, but I'm sure you'll work that out.

It really felt like the true "Sonic 4", I felt like I was actually playing an official Sonic game from the 1990's. I can't believe some people on here were actually complaining about this game.

One of the things I loved most was how Eggman interrupted Act 2 to blow up the island - that is something like Sega would have done back in the day of S3&K.

Again, really awesome, I was extremely impressed - hope this gets finished, I can't wait to play the full game!

It's a game about a blue hedgehog who runs about smashing tv's and fighting a bloke who looks like an egg, seriously, we don't care if the story doesn't make sense. Stop acting as if it's supposed to be the greatest literary genius ever written.

Anyway, thanks for the comments and such, i'm a bit late here but everything said will be taken into consideration and such. The mix with retro sonic is real, and from what i've seen from mr. taxman already over msn, it's going to be worth it. ;D

It's a game about a blue hedgehog who runs about smashing tv's and fighting a bloke who looks like an egg, seriously, we don't care if the story doesn't make sense. Stop acting as if it's supposed to be the greatest literary genius ever written.

You act like SEGA, really. They often forget about plots of their previous games, so terrible plotholes appear. Please DON'T repeat their mistakes.

I managed to squeeze together enough spare time to download and play this recently. I have to say it feels very heavily hyped, being a project in development for several years, and the whole Retro/XG merge move.

First of all, have to say the same thing everyone else said - presentation feels like an authentic 'professional' videogame. Opening theme and title screen rocked, sound-fade out and boss theme worked well, dynamic backgrounds really 'worked'. Graphics are awesome, sound is functional otherwise.

Something irks me about the level design, to be honest. Can't quite find the words I'm looking for (since I'm sure 'wide spaces' and 'open ended' won't work), but I think the levels need to be more 'streamlined' a bit. Its a little confusing to figure out where you're going, you're constantly stopping and starting which sort of breaks up the movement a bit. I know these levels were made for more than one character to go through, fair enough, but yeah.

Managed to play through Sonic's route with no problems. Had some sound troubles with Knuckles' level though - meeting up with the first boss caused my volume control to skyrocket to stupid levels. Resulted in closing down the program before my ears blew off. =/