A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Screens for Project Genesis. I didn't want to bump my old topic. Sorry for the bitmaps, it's all my computer will save.

gen1.jpg

Temporary title screen.

gen2.jpg

Sonic chilling in the Wood Zone map. The monitors there actually work. I was just putting them there for testing.

gen3.jpg

Sonic in Wood Zone Act 1. There's going to be a hidden trail of rings in the tree for a lightdash secret.

gen4.jpg

Botanic Base map. There's not much here but a "door".

gen5.jpg

The door goes here. There's just some floating rocks. The orbs on the poles float up and down as well. There is also 2 butterfly enemies from Chaotix that just flies back and forth. They can't hurt you though.

gen6.jpg

Here's Act 1. The HUD isn't there for some reason... I guess I forgot to place it.

gen7.jpg

Desert Zone map. I haven't placed any collisions here for some reason.

gen8.jpg

Act 1, this is probably the most complete "level".

gen9.jpg

Isolated Island map. Animated waterfall.

gen10.jpg

Act 1. Now, where does this go?

gen11.jpg

To (nonfunctioning) water!

gen12.jpg

Sonic underwater.

And XG looks like a fucking sweet game. :D

DW: It may very well end up "definitely being the best Sonic Fangame"- in his opinion. What's the big deal?

Armada: I totally don't understand how your game works. At first I thought the locations that said like "Act 1" were hub-type things, but then a screen that looked like a level shot was regarded as a "level." Explain thyself!

Scatta : Thanks for backing me up.

Armada : It looks much better than what it used to. I see you lowered the resolution and switched the advance sprites with Genesis ones. Looking pretty nice now, might build up to something pretty good in the future.

@Scatta: It just goes against one of our biggest principles to gauge a game based on its screen shots. Whats the big deal with making that clear?

Yes, it might end up being one of the best fangames in his opinion. On the other hand, it might not. There is nothing more to go by now than a number of screenshots, none of which can portray the whole of the game, a single level, or even a single object.

Because of such people like you, Sonic games receive poor grades in the press.

You're one to talk, need I remind you of that little incident we had before?

Yeah, didn't think so....

Anyways, back on topic, XG is looking mighty fine.

• Like 1

I totally don't understand how your game works. At first I thought the locations that said like "Act 1" were hub-type things, but then a screen that looked like a level shot was regarded as a "level." Explain thyself!

There is a hub system. As for Desert Zone Act 1, I guess referring to it as a level was a bad choice of words. It is an Act.

Minor note: I had trouble understanding your question (for some reason). If I answered it wrong, it's my fault for being an idiot.

It looks much better than what it used to. I see you lowered the resolution and switched the advance sprites with Genesis ones. Looking pretty nice now, might build up to something pretty good in the future.

Thanks. As this is my first game, I just want to know what I need to make it good, as well as what not to do.