A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Well, I am a strong advocate that Metal Slug graphics work with the Sonic Advance style. Dimps, the company who did the Sonic Advance games, is made up of ex-SNK employees, and certainly, some of Metal Slug's graphical style has seeped in to Sonic Advance; specifically the ultra-smooth sprite animation, the attention to detail in the background graphics, etc.

i meant for S06, seeing as thats seems to be a trend with the games blaze has been making recently >_>.... is sand oasis the metal slug level or something?

As far as I know, this is Blaze recreating the Sand Oasis level from Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Blaze, the foreground is way too saturated compared to the dull-colored background. It looks way out of place.

You look out of place. Desert graphics are not easy to come by and I stress this is a quickie.

and blue in the background of the top screen looks really odd too, maybe make that hazey orange too..

nonetheless awsomesaucefest, is that gonna be a dusty desert level or a new game entirely?

Just this one level, going to be included with the final version of Sonic 2k6 2D that was supposed to be out for Christmas but wasn't.

Blaze, screw the background mixing whores, it looks awesome. ;D

You could actully pull that off as a level.

I dont know when fangaming became a lifelong strive to outdo Sonic Team, but i really dont mind Sprite Mixing as long as its not completely retarded, and its not mixed styles.

your mom looks out of place

Just run it through photoshop and decrease saturation by whatever amount.

Eh, fine.

Just an idea:

Maybe since Sonic and the Secret Rings is so much about insane speed, you could push Sonic over to the left of the screen some more so you can see oncoming stuff.

The engine more or less already does that, though not terribly dramatically. I might see if I can get it to go over moreso (I probably can).