A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

His legs are about the oddest things on the sprite, as is the conflicting light sources on his head, the frame of the TV could have better detailing, the ring inside could have better anti aliasing, and the wall he's running to needs to have an out dent to specify he's running to an actual 3dish wall, not a mere texture/pattern.

I tried making the shadow have the same contrast as the rest of the ground tiles did and it looked too exaggerated. Thinking about it now, changing the colors of the ground tiles to that of the shadow sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the criticism!

Also, the entire palette of Sonic is different now. I haven't bothered putting the updated sprites in MMF yet.

Ryan, the monitor was from Sonic Worlds (entirely not made by me). I may find or make new monitor sprites, but I'm probably not going to edit these ones. I know about the wall, the background is still very unfinished. I just wanted to slap some things together for the screenshot. As for his legs, well.. you're not the first person who's complained about them. Seeing them animated in-game, they look fine to me. I won't touch them unless people complain about them after playing the demo. Thanks for the input, I'm finishing the background set and things should look better when it's complete.

That's some sexy shit right there rael, but not as sexy as your avatar I'm afraid.

I sorta agree with Mark, though you should just increase the shadow contrast more to match the highlight. Not much complaints other than that since I'm guessing you haven't got to making foreground scenery yet. Nice job. =>

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Rael0505/southisland4.png[/qimg]

my level > zenor's; therefor me > zenor

Plus, I don't rhyme with penor.

backbgmz2.png

1-Floating platforms

2-tube

3-collapsing platforms that i didn't show because i don't want

4-random shot

Flybot is 100% scratch( except the tail and the head). plus,

i'm getter better at sonic CD art.

I'm not challenging you, I'm just saying I don't rhyme with penor. Because I'm not gay.

Seriously though, that is fucking awesome zenor. Your level decorations are fantastic, my level has like... no plant decorations. :E Great job, I actually think it looks better than mine.

Oh that's easy trd. Just get a simple tile and repeat it over and over the way zenor and I did, add little indents, borrow the collision chaos support structures for filler, steal level decorations from every grass level in a sonic game ever, and mix and match water, mountains, and add a sky. Got it?

By the way, penor, did Dami help you make this? I noticed that with every background damizean has ever helped anyone with, he stuffed in the collision chaos support structures. He did it with mine and Blue Frenzy's water level and the Sonic Worlds test level, anyway.

Welcome back, icecapboy. The game's looking good.

no, he didn't(except for his tile adapt tool).

about that CCz thing, it's because i didn't have any good tiles, so i just recolored and placed that tile there.

(the grass is from BF's GHZ present, btw).

Also, don't call me penor

I'm pretty upset to see you use it, it's another thing htat makes our backgrounds so alike. I spent like all day trying to replace it with something but couldn't get anything good enough. I may just stick with it, even if it seems raped lately, though I'd rather use something less common (if anyone has any suggestions please tell me :x)

And I did recognize the grass.