A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Alright, i decided to just shoot a video to show the progress of the development of my battle engine in Tails Adventure 2.

Yeah, there are so many debug features turned on in that video it isnt even funny, not to mention alot of "holder" Effects until i can implement my own. Aerial Combat as been drastically improved since that video.

Also know that the game runs like 60fps. Im getting ready to show this here later on this week, so look out for it. (may even get a demo. ;)

Im currently working on a special Demo boss to show off a little depth/difficulty balance of the game. Whenever i put the demo stage together ill include him near the end.

Ive improved the effects (esp. the aura effect) since you've last seen them, and DAMN the "ADD" ink effect has done wonders for my effects in this game.

At 60fps the aura actually looks DBZ-ish. Im getting better at using Photoshop to whore effects in my game.

Ive been studying Kingdom Hearts/2 for both the Battle engine AND special Effects (KH2 has like the best looking Special effects of any game ever) with a hint of gameplay mechanics from DMC3 to MMXZ to even Budokai 3.

Ill be putting more videos up when you all can see a bit more cosmetic progress. Its looking a tad plain now.

I love you

It better be a decent song though, that's difficult to an extent, I hate gay ones where you get like 50 steps in one song with a BPM of 35. :E

1st One, without a doubt. The pattern is nice and fits in well with resemblance to the Sonic-CD BGs. The second one is just an Eyesore. :V

The big problem with creating this boss battle is getting the rhythm down. Oh, and the song that will be played will be will be the one played at the end of the SAGE07 trailer for the game (here). The song is from DDR, so I think it will work. I won't make it too hard, but I hope it will be a challenge.

Ahahahahahah, Dynamite Rave. How Ironic.

Awesome stuff though.

What i could suggest though, is(if you're going to include a level select in your game) That the level is again selectable, but you can choose the difficulty of the song, or something like that.

haha man, you're totally milking the Konami soundtracks now aren't cha.

good job nonetheless.

DDR Extreme, baby.

Thanks anyway. :P

Probably the green and brown ones.

---

I have a small engine demo of my game. It's not Sonic related, and I didn't bother posting screens, but I have a video avalible. I'm well aware the sound is a few seconds off, and I hope to correct this. Also, I kept the editing objects visible, so that's why you can see the camera object and room borders.

Camera Engine for Corrupt: Assault

I have a small engine demo of my game. It's not Sonic related, and I didn't bother posting screens, but I have a video avalible. I'm well aware the sound is a few seconds off, and I hope to correct this. Also, I kept the editing objects visible, so that's why you can see the camera object and room borders.

Camera Engine for Corrupt: Assault

Hey, I'm a big fan of Metroid, and this looks pretty good! The transitions seem to be pretty smooth. I only think you should make them a bit faster.

Also, the camera "teleported" at 0:58, but I think you're already fixing that (since the green line shows where the right alignment should have been)