A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

So, I herd you liek Spehshall stayjesh:

Special Stage in it's beta state:

redsphere.png

itemsphere.png

bluesphere.png

rings.png

Concept:

You guys remember the Sonic heroes Special stage, right? The special stages will be kind of like that. The turbo ring will run ahead of you, and the object is to gain enough speed to catch up to it. The only way to gain speed is to collect the blue spheres. Here's a description of the HUD:

specialstageana.png

Red Circle: This is your speed meter, it'll increase every time you grab a Blue sphere. However, avoid Red spheres, they will decrease your speed.

Green Circle: Item HUD, you get items when grabbing the Item Sphere (White spheres with "?" Marks on them). The item is random and it's used as soon as the randomizer stops.

Yellow Circle: Rings, collect them, they'll add up to the rings you have in the regular stages. :o

Blue Circle: And that's the very elusive Turbo Ring, catch up to it to win the Special stage and claim one of 6 Turbo rings. However, If you don't grab it by the end of the stage, you lose.

Here's the item System:

Items.png

The Helpful Items will make things easier for you to obtain your goal:

(From left to right)

*The Speed up item will increase your speed.

*The 10 Rings item will give you 10 rings.

*The time Stop item will stop the Turbo rings movement for alittle while, making it easier to catch up.

The Not-so-helpful Items will make things harder for you.

(From left to right)

*The speed down item will decrease your speed.

*The Red sphere item will make 3 red spheres show up out of nowhere, make sure to jump or move to avoid them.

*The disable jump item will disable your jumping abilities for awhile, better hope there are no redspheres around.

The item system is based on chance, so you might get lucky and get a helpful item, or not.

I'll make a video later on today.

• Like 1

When you use something that is good but not well known, you're not supposed to tell people you didn't make it yourself, but sneakily put it in the credits and let people ASSUME it was you for a while so you're not really doing anything morally wrong.

edit: I read over this post and have no idea what the hell I'm talking about anymore.

Shitty special stage

Give me credit dammit

if it weren't me and my "sonic special stage thing" that i posted some screens pages ago, you wouldn't have that special stage.

Oh and yeah... didn't i tell you how to fix the objects size(because i saw some of the rings that are before the others are displaying in front of them)?

Also, fix the invisible ground collision; sonic moves to the left and right too fast; and fix the "3D" objects collision.

Da-amn, TRD. Those are some cool ideas and they are executed well. Just a question, will the Turbo Rings be able to make Sonic go super this time around?

This looks a bit like the Super Emerald stages of my game, only because of the continuous ground and the item thing, though. I should post some screens on that...

Give me credit dammit

if it weren't me and my "sonic special stage thing" that i posted some screens pages ago, you wouldn't have that special stage.

Rawr, anger.

Da-amn, TRD. Those are some cool ideas and they are executed well. Just a question, will the Turbo Rings be able to make Sonic go super this time around?

Thanks, and yeah, I was thinking about that, since you can replay the stages by choice. Only it will be a different form of Super Sonic. (Turbo Sonic was taken. >_>)

Give me credit dammit

Oh and yeah... didn't i tell you how to fix the objects size(because i saw some of the rings that are before the others are displaying in front of them)?

Also, fix the invisible ground collision; sonic moves to the left and right too fast; and fix the "3D" objects collision.

Dude, you're being a dick. If I gave credit to every single person I have ever learned something from the list would be incomprehensible. You can't blame him for being inspired by something. What crawled up your ass and died?

Scroll back some pages.

-

Also, do you want comments?

Also, fix the invisible ground collision(the player bounces when he touches the ground); sonic moves to the left and right too fast(and stop too fast); and fix the "3D" objects collision(i can't see the ball being detroyed).

Also, you can stop working on those bomberman sprites, pfft, like you was ever gonna finish them.

if you don't want the bomberman sprites because i was kidding about one thing and you took it seriously, sure. i'm taking too much time. you know i have my own projects.

Did i ask you "CREDIT PLZ" while i was doing the bomberman sprites?

NO.

and you said "get it done when you can"

-

but would i call something like "SHITTY THING" seriously?

i wasn't going to quote a full post.

And, when i don't put a "." after a phrase, 10% of that is serious, or i'm really impresed with something. you know too i'm not the kind of guy that will say "SHITTY thing" without a really big reason, and not kidding.