A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Ok, thanks for the comments.

Anyways, now seriously

And now for a screenshot that's actually mine:

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Rael0505/ssenginescreen1.png[/qimg]

Not ETCF. BG is very WIP. Also that's an old version of the Sonic sprite I'm working on.

the very detailed Mountains don't exactly fit with the trees.

awesome, though.

I see, but I need some constructive criticizm. Nice is something senseless here.

P.S. Sorry, I didn't want to offend anyone.

P.P.S. IMO if everyone would post "nice, cool, awesome, etc" they'd just clutter the thread. They should post something like: "I like this because... but there are some bad points, they are..." in this thread.

the neon pink is currently scalding my retinas. I assume its a placeholder for now, but maybe something more subtle next time. Rest of the background looks fine, although you could maybe add a tiny bit of shading to the light reflections on the glass. Look closly at some of the original advance stuff, IIRC they usually have a bit of blue in them, and that should compliment nicely the rest of the background

• Like 1

I see, but I need some constructive criticizm. Nice is something senseless here.

P.S. Sorry, I didn't want to offend anyone.

P.P.S. IMO if everyone would post "nice, cool, awesome, etc" they'd just clutter the thread. They should post something like: "I like this because... but there are some bad points, they are..." in this thread.

i can't see any bad points in your foregroud. that's why i just said "nice"

And I have a screenshot of a upcoming game called (Sonic Fire Frenzy) By Blackice studios.

[qimg]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4060/sonicfirefrenzyscreenshgp5.th.png[/qimg]

Hey, I was talking to Rael on Thursday. He showed me these exact screenshots and said, "lol check out blazefire's new game." Since those two are best friends, I have no doubt that Donchi is Blazefire now.

I'm permanently banning Donchi until Rael tells me otherwise.

It's easy actually. All you do is making an active wich acts as the water parallax, and position it like if it was a Parallax. After doing so, it's a simple matter of scaling the active on the Y axys, in relation to the water horizon.

Scale = Min(Max(0, Water Parallax Y Position - Water Y Position), Water Parallax Height)/Water Parallax Height