A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Aww, thanks guys! Yes, that's MMF's Mode7 with my hand-drawn Sonic characters combined. I know how to use Mode7 very effectively for cutscenes and stuff.

Expect to see at least 3 more during the game.

Damn, it would look so much better if it wasn't for Camstudio's quality rape.

The size ratio is a BIT off - but I'm working on another new Sprite/graphical Generation style...

new-stylemockup.jpg

textureexamples.jpg

What I've done is turned a bunch of different Sonic Object's into simple greyscale shaded blocks and so-fourth...

Then, Using an external texture generation program - I mask out each section of the object at a time, and apply the textures to those sections...

Once the object is completely textured - I can continue to do further sprite edits...

TRD: Pretty good cutscene. I didn't like how the five explosions were in the same place the entire time though. Check out the random explosions tutorial on the main site.

Huepow00: I don't like how texturized your foreground is. It doesn't fit with the Sonic style at all.

Inferno: Haven't seen you in a while. Looks good as usual, but you really need to stop starting games you don't finish. Plan on completing this one?

Rael: Pretty good cutscene. I didn't like how the five explosions were in the same place the entire time though. Check out the random explosions tutorial on the main site.

Done.

Good stuff, TRD, but it looks like you need a new awesome logo. Tomorrow, I will have the NEW logo request thread up, so look there for it.

Thanks, and yeah if you want, go for it.

Nice cutscene TRD, though the sounds are a bit too loud and sharp when you see the floating island from a distance in my opinion. The best thing would be to add a distortion that suggests they were not emitted right next to you. Optionally, you can just lower their volume.

Other than that, good work.

Nice cutscene TRD, though the sounds are a bit too loud and sharp when you see the floating island from a distance in my opinion. The best thing would be to add a distortion that suggests they were not emitted right next to you. Optionally, you can just lower their volume.

Other than that, good work.

The sound volume is mostly camstudio's fault. However, if MMF has some type of sound modifier object in it or something, then I'll take care of it.

Thanks btw. =D