A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

have you made ridiculous loading times for the lulz? and is it still white acropolis+KV, or have you added anything else since you updated last

Still primarily Kingdom Valley and White Acropolis, but like the last release I'm adding a couple of things to keep you busy for a while after the five minutes it takes to complete both levels.

No, the loading times won't be ridiculous. :P I think the old titlecard was shown for about 3, maybe 5 second total - I won't exceed that.

6gbtjy8.png

Mock-up of the last major "new thing" I wanted to add to Sonic 2k6 2D. Hopefully he won't turn out too crap, but finding good Sonic Advance style Silver sprites with enough frames and animations to make a boss fight out of is proving to be rather difficult.

As it stands I've had to hack together a fairly ugly walking animation.

Have you ripped some of the Sonic Rush backgrounds? You should submit some to the main site.

Originally I ripped some from screenshots, but those had nasty JPG artifacts on them. It took me like three hours to get to Water Palace because of how slow Rush emulates for me. I'd only be able to rip Leaf Storm and Water Palace.

Infact, I pretty much have Leaf Storm ripped already. Desmume has a tile viewer and you can view all of the tiles in Leaf Storm at the point where the emulator freezes; they just need to be assembled.

6fscmrp.png

No way in hell I'm gonna do it. If any one of you wants to assemble them, go ahead... think of it like a puzzle, where all the puzzle pieces are roughly the same shape and size and you just have to match the image up!

As for Water Palace... I've only ripped what I need to build Silver's boss arena. :P Dunno if I'll do more.

Edit: Whoops, don't need to assemble Leaf Storm's background, just the level tiles. Desmume has a map viewer that shows the BG completely assembled with the correct palette (but none of the level tiles, unfortunately).

I ripped Carnival night zone from sonic rush. In the beginning I was going to use them but then changed my mind, so you can freely use them (just credit me or rep or both :) ).

I'd be happy to submit them at the main site but I don't know how.

tilesxl3.th.png

P.S. What emulator do you use, Blaze? Mine doesn't have this function.

I ripped Carnival night zone from sonic rush. In the beginning I was going to use them but then changed my mind, so you can freely use them (just credit me or rep or both :) ).

I'd be happy to submit them at the main site but I don't know how.

[qimg]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5980/tilesxl3.th.png[/qimg]

P.S. What emulator do you use, Blaze? Mine doesn't have this function.

Desmume lets you dump just the tiles, but it doesn't emulate Sonic Rush. It freezes whenever it has to display 3D Geometry. Thus, the only tiles it loads in to memory are the ones for Leaf Storm. There's no way to get it to load anything beyond that, yet.