A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

The only irk i have with this desert zone is it's a bit dull colour wise for a sonic game

I actually like the colors of it. It looks like the sand is wet... Maybe you could add some sort of water pipes, like on Palmtree Panic Good Future? Some sort of irrigation system to make the desert less... desert.

well, I think the thing that made my notice it was the colourful sky, it doesn't mix well with the rest of the graphics.

And Riptor, sxg is taking so long cos me and mr nite are lazy buggers, and we gots lots of other stuff to keep us occupied. One day!

I'm expirementing with using 3D Tools for level/object creation...

Pre-Rendered Sprites.

If all goes well, I'll try to release a set of various objects to use in your own games... And then tweak and addon to them...

headwayprerendered.jpg

PreRendered.jpg

TRD Fucking sweet.

Thankies much much.

Spike Huepow00, what is that being made in? It looks like GM's 3D features.

It DOES look that way doesn't it... But nope, it's not.

The 3D work was done in farbrausch's .demotool - the werkkzeug1.

I'm creating them in 3D and then making 2D Flat Prespective Images of them, which not only means I can create any kind of object I want quickly - I can also generate my own textures and apply them to those objects quickly as well.

What should be included eventually will be 3D versions of many of the 2D elements that make up a typical Sonic stage - that can then be manipulated individually to create unlimited variations and styles of the same objects...

Sonicdude3: For some reason, I'm really loving that real-life sky with those sprites. Looks hawt. Although, as Slinger's getting at, it doesn't show us much.

Huepow00: Not really liking it. The sprite contrasts with the 3D objects, which contrast with the background, which contraast with the sprite. The lighting doesn't match up and that sort of thing.

thank you....? >_<

i like the fotobackgroundyness, but the overused sonic sprites are a bit of an eyesore. get something a bit brighter, but not too bright as to bland in with you shiny background

oh and what is going on at the bottom of the screen shot? misplaced tiles and wtf's going on there

bftf1qh6.png

Screenie of the first real level of BFTF (still WIP).

I have this little problem with the Rings and Lives text, for some reason they disappear when they're over background objects and Sonic stops (for instance the lives text is gone in that screenie), but when he starts to move the text reappears. I think it might have something to do with the layers, what does anyone else think?