A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

My point is, I've played Worlds that many times any fangame using it all feels the exact same with the same bugs to me. Most people who use it, don't expand uppon it, it is simply Worlds + Tiles as a mask. Take XG for example, I really enjoyed it, you know why? Because he build the game engine from a base engine, up and it feels unique to me in its own way. Because it feels different and someone making their own engine is more LIKELY to be able to change how things work to be nicer or more creative. Understand?

IMO?

I used to hate Worlds in the old days because I felt it was too much complicated for me, as I used to use MFX, and then suddenly MMF2 popped up in my knowledge.

But seriosly, since I started tht old CD Sonic Worlds project that joined Kessler's and turned into what you know as Level Collab, then I figured that, if I wanted something REALLY solid, I should use that. Editing it a bit (and I still am), I made the 2.0 engine of Sonic Phoenix, powered by Sonic Worlds Delta.

And it ain't that complicated anymore, since I got used to it.

The fact that you bring up Worlds and how its over used so your bored with it wouldn't be so bad. If in the same breath you did talk about your engine and how you supposedly did everything yourself. That's belittles people who use Worlds. Not to mention the programmers of the said engine. LarkSS, DW, Damizean, its ironic that these are the very same people you ask for help from when you need it. Not to mention use of Dami's base engine.

Besides outside of programming 360 movement, programming for a Sonic game just ain't that hard. Its only time consuming. In my opinion that time could be better spent programming awesome gimmicks, badniks, and making levels. That's what makes Worlds so great, all the best programmers made an engine better than anyone could on their own. So people can focus on the meat and potatoes of their game and actually finish something.

If you truly feel that way fine. But why would you announce it in a place so public as the screenshot thread? Especially given the fact that its a community project of the community you wish to be apart of and accepted in.

You expanded upon the Worlds Base, Well done Appo. You really aren't as bad as you think at programming because from the looks of that video it all looks pretty solid. Nice flame glow the the way. One small detail, I think if you set the Xpos an Ypos of the shell using a fast-loop or something it'll not lag behind Mario's movement by one frame. I don't exactly remember how it is done and to fix it but it is something to do with the order something is done I think.

That flying red Bill was funny and creative too.

I REALLY WANNA PLAY THIS!

Thanks, i started working on this in late 2008 (i think) so it did take me a while. It may look solid but i'm sure if someone looked at the code they would be able to do some stuff more efficiently and more quickly, some stuff took days to figure out :S, but the way i did it works, maybe not the best coding but it works

Also i got a lot of help from these forums which made stuff possible such as the homing bullit bill

EDIT: I uploaded the exe for a friend awhile ago to show him what i did so if you would like to see it yourself here you go http://www.mediafire.com/file/difzb1i36gbg3n0/Jario25-02-11hwa.rar remember that it still has quite a few bugs especially with frozen enemies :)

Controls are Z and X

Also when you have a carrot keep hold of jump to slowly float down, keep hold of crouch then press jump after the spark appears to do a superjump

Yo wat up biznapiznawaffleazitches. DW hur with this blingin' original sprite.

blingpod.png

It's got gold, it's got pringles, and it's got curves and a muffin top. I made that shit with about 10 minutes of photoshop. Don't steal please or IMMA HAFTA CHOKA BITCH! By the way, here's a PSD file in case you don't like the pringle stache.

blingpod.zip

Yo wat up biznapiznawaffleazitches. DW hur with this blingin' original sprite.

[qimg]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l172/DimensionWarped/blingpod.png[/qimg]

It's got gold, it's got pringles, and it's got curves and a muffin top. I made that shit with about 10 minutes of photoshop. Don't steal please or IMMA HAFTA CHOKA BITCH! By the way, here's a PSD file in case you don't like the pringle stache.

Haha, that made me laugh until I almost shit myself.