A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

You should be focusing on the level, imo. It's just a fangame...

All the hours you put towards making sand look good, or making a pallete match another, you could be putting towards actually getting closer to finishing the game.

God forbid we make suggestions to help him improve his skills. =P

Seriously though we're only trying to help. I understand you want to see more completed games Sereph we all do. But responding to constructive criticism given to others by telling them to ignore criticism is not that answer. Frankly its also kind of rude for those of us trying to help. Rai is perfectly capable of deciding when to listen or ignore my critique without any assistance from you. Its one thing to say it once as a general opinion Sereph. However you have made the same comment multiple times when others are simply trying to be helpful. So now that everyone knows where you stand on the issue I think we can let it rest and there is no need to make similar comments in the future.

Yes, The Background Paralax is from the Fake Paralax Tutorial on the main site.

Its either by Zonic Spike or Max Stunner (needs to be confirmed so i can give proper credit.

(I use photoshop but only for shading, effects & other things & i do aim on getting a tablet)

Allow me to explain my above comment a bit more. Photoshop is great for making Sonic graphics but can easily add unneeded extra colors that wouldn't be found in real Sonic graphics. Thus you get that Jpeg look BlazefireLP was speaking of. To fix this you can use Posterize under image>adjustments and saving as a temporary gif file. Both methods have a bit different results. Saving to gif for example will even add a dither or pattern if you want. So you might try them both out. I tend to find that saving to gif works best for backgrounds and posterize works better for foreground tiles.

If your happy with the sand you have that is fine. I simply saw the opportunity to explain some useful techniques for making graphics.

Actually, much easier *to make a good looking image* than posterizing, you can switch to indexed color mode to limit the palette to exactly the colors you want and then have photoshop adaptively reassign the pixels to the closest colors. You can even have photoshop make the most optimum color selections for you that way.

Im really liking this Beach level man its a great idea!

Just an idea for the boss but you could have Sonic and in the backround see a Snake like robot dive in and out of the sand and then finnaly burst out from beneath you.

Itd look cool how he kind emerges..

Just an idea xD

BUt yeah keep up the good work bro!

Actually, much easier *to make a good looking image* than posterizing, you can switch to indexed color mode to limit the palette to exactly the colors you want and then have photoshop adaptively reassign the pixels to the closest colors. You can even have photoshop make the most optimum color selections for you that way.

That's a great tip too. But I don't think it completely replaces posterize as you have to have an idea of the colors you want before hand to index them right? I posterize something to the number of colors I want to use total. But then it can still take days before I have any clue what colors I am settling on.

Good move on that one, Looks good by the way.Looks like Sky Chase meets DeathEgg.

Actually, it's Wing Fortress.

I believe...

Although, Sky Chase and Sonic 3's Death Egg would be neat to see in GDK.

EDIT: Also, it looks like everyone is moving to GDK.

I know ASXS moved to it.

I'm liking it! It's pretty original. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen anyone impliment Sonic 3-style mini special stages into a fangame before. It seems a little easy, though, like getting Rep bubbles is really really common. You could have just done that to make for a longer demonstration though, so no comment.

And I'd recommend you to create some kind of fan under every spring that gives it the impression of floating. It looks pretty much fine.

Yes yes! I was going to say something like this but forgot. In Sonic 3, during the gumball machine special stage, the springs were on top of little blocks that would crumble underneath. It looked much better than just floating springs.