A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Did you use the "Demo file and playback" feature in MMF2?

Nope. Its build to record every sequence and position the player has made, and plays it back in another sprite. Besides, that feature never worked for me anyway.

Pretty much. Shove the important information into an array, save it if you went faster than your previous run, and load it at the start of the frame so you can race. Was just a bit of struggle trying to sync up and correctly save the ghost when dieing and respawning from a checkpoint.

Better. ^_^ It has a lot more depth now. And I can imagine the player starting at a high point where not much of the background is visible, but then they run down that slope and are like "whoa" at all the palm trees that come up in the distance.

I don't like the sand at all. It still looks kinda flat and it looks horrible for the fact it looks like a straight out JPEG.

Even though its not out of a JPEG. (Jpeg i only use for photos, everything else PNG baby!)

I used the grain effects & inner shadow effects from Adobe Photoshop. I like the sand as it is now, Everyone has their own options.

• Like 1

The sand does still need work IMHO. I see green in the sand. Also I think the top of the sand would look better if it wasn't just a flat 2 pixels worth of darker sand. Try posterize it to reduce the colors some then go in and then manually tweak the colors with the paint bucket tool.

The palm trees in the back are really nice. To me though it looks rather funny having them mixed with the EHZ palmtree in the front. Maybe you could make the styles match a little better.