A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

I wish my girlfriend was into Sonic like that. She thought Tails was a girl until I told her otherwise.

All the gfs I had and everybody from my family hates Sonic. I'm starting to wonder if everybody here is crazy - or just me.

Anyway, spoiling Amazing Ocean Zone's boss.

bossspoil.png

Shit! I don't wanna hear about that zone for a while.

Wha? Could it be...? After 2 & a half years of hiatus....Sonic Blaze is back? Yep! I have a new computer now. Restarted again with the new build of Sonic Worlds. AND THIS FUCKING TIME I HAVE A FLASHDRIVE TO BACK IT UP WITH!!

Electro Plant Zone Act 1 (Formely Named Tube Town Zone)

sonicblazeelectroplant.png

Its good to be back.

@ Tailssena: You know you can get the screenshot URL and post it here right?

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/ASFbI.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/FYzPz.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/pqcDu.jpg[/qimg]

Now that I can see them, what the bloody hell is with all the random tiles? It has like 0% consistency in terms of a level. I'd love to hear what type of description you'd give this as a level. My description would be "EVERYTHING!". Mashing zones together like this just looks completely fucked up though in my opinion. I say just like, PICK ONE!

Only thing that is good is that you have maintained a sprite style. "Advance" in this case. At-least that's one thing solved.

@ snow toilet: That is a spring animation. Which is an edit from a SonicBattle jumping pose.

People are going to bitch, but i personally like them.

I'm tired of everyone trying to make their fangames try to look all "official" and whatnot. 98% of them never see light past 2 engine tests or a demo. The ones that do are never necessarily breathtaking (or really worth more than one playthrough imo) for all the work put into them.

If it's working towards an idea, i have no problem with it. I don't really mind seeing a grassy musical area in space. In a Sonic Fangame, anyway. I dont want to play an official looking sonic fangame. You're not going to compete with the genesis titles in my eyes, because no matter what you do, it's still just a fangame. So try to focus on making it FUN instead.

The stage itself, on the other hand...yeah, it's looking mighty empty.

• Like 1

@snow toilet Lol

@Steven M Is that really Pac-Man? I mean, maybe you should make an actual game (not a fangame) with this. I mean, this is awesome, but, besides the graphics, it wouldn't remind me of Pac-Man. This is more a use of the 360° Degree Engine.

EDIT:

Kinda bumping the project, kinda not... still an unofficial video made in about 1 hour.

TA21.png

TA22.png

Finally started really doing stuff with this game again, no clue where the inspiration came from. I've pretty much redone the entire engine for hit detection, so i can do alot more with the combat now.

Prometheus.png

Im having great fun turning random characters into bosses. The first demo will have no less than 3 great boss fights.

Prometheus (MMZ) will have

and a few surprise ones i've cooked up myself. Since the difficulty in this game will affect the AI some enemies and most bosses, Prometheus will be given more challenging crossups and surprises as his health decreases. All in all, im gonna try to capture the best thing about MMZ/MMZX bosses -- lots of actions (avoidable but dangerous), and a lower focus on patterns.

Im not exactly sure who the other 2 random cameo bosses will be!

Perhaps a video soon. But just in case nobody remembers what this crappy little game is,

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

Screen3.jpg

Spoiler tagged for uber screen stretching.

Cause Capcom cancelled MML3 I am making my own MML inspired game. I had just started blocking out the main town hub for this one particular area of the game in about an hour. HONESTLY I have no clue how far I'll end up actually going with this (this could potentially be it). Textures and everything are placeholder, I was mainly just going for the scale of the buildings and just a rough placement. Currently making a list of what buildings I do want and then I'll probably ape the MML3 art style and base the general look of the city off that.

Gonna do some character sketches later for this. I might just adapt characters I've already made into a 'spinoff' of sorts actually though. I'll see what I'm feeling like later. The hard part will actually be learning how to code it all but I can at least get some graphics in there lol.

I saw NOTHING in the description as to why the frame rate was so slow.

This is, and I quote what you said in your description:

A preview of my fan-game, Sonic Saturn. Engine developed by BlazefireLP, gimmicks and objects created by me and BlazefireLP. Sprites made by me. Sonic the Hedgehog and others are property of SEGA/Sonic Team.

More to come soon!

It's nice that you're giving all of that credit to the people that credit goes to, but there's nothing there explaining why it looks so slow you might want to edit the description so that your post to spike has more plausibility.