A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Just another little thing... if your game is running @ 40fps, this may be a little slow, no?

Aha! You caught what that counter does eh? Very nice.

It's because I was using the Snipping Tool (Vista accessory) to take the screenshots, so it defocused the game. However, the framerate does tend to jump about from 50-60 depending on how much of what is going on.... Probably because it's running two "Worlds Base 360 Engine's" at once. One for player. One for partner. Online events are disabled when not in use though, so that probably helps a LOT...

EDIT: Hey, 99 posts. I feel accomplished.

Aha! You caught what that counter does eh? Very nice.

It's because I was using the Snipping Tool (Vista accessory) to take the screenshots, so it defocused the game. However, the framerate does tend to jump about from 50-60 depending on how much of what is going on.... Probably because it's running two "Worlds Base 360 Engine's" at once. One for player. One for partner. Online events are disabled when not in use though, so that probably helps a LOT...

Hmm. You should just use the Print Screen key instead, then paste the image that goes to the clipboard to Paint. Takes much less memmory.

@LH The Hedgehog Its a Cylent Nite made Sprite. Thats why it looks good :D

@JetHawk95 Its Nite Shadow's Retexture of Wood Zone which came from the site that comes with the forum XD

@TailsSena Ever heard of using a 320 X 240 res? thats plenty big. My fangame uses that res. a few other fangame do too!

@TailsSena Ever heard of using a 320 X 240 res? thats plenty big. My fangame uses that res. a few other fangame do too!

Eeeeergghhh... That's my phone's resolution! (It's a piece of crap!):smidge:

320x240 is TERRIBLE if you want to see ANYTHING on one screen. I like using as much detail as possibile, and 320x240 is too small to see any of it at a given moment.

Just as a reference...

Mega Drive resolution - 320x224

Gameboy Advance resolution - 240x160

Take note of how the Advance menu widgets you're using leave the screen rather empty.

So yeah, 320x240 isn't that bad. But if your game does need it, increase size as you see fit. (Hell, Sonic Advance 2 is a torture due to very small space in front of you... And all the damn bosses are in continuously moving stages.)

@Shockey Rai: at&t tilt. Slowest contraption to ever call itself a smartphone.

@gsoft: Like the god damned Egg Frog, thank god for Cheese.

I may stick in more characters as I go on, they may need to be custom sprited but hey, could happen. And that's suck more screen space on the character selection, right?

@TailsSena The one that did it for me and got me good and pissed was the EGG WHEEL. Especially in the final zone. That pissed me off so much I didn't play it for about 2 months.

AND I WAS PLAYING IT WITH A GAMESHARK.

That's magical. XX-Zone takes me 2 minutes (or so) with Cream. I think I did it with Tails and Sonic when i was little. No cheats either. I CANNOT DO ANYTHING AS KNUCKLES IN ANY GAME!!! ...And I never unlocked Amy when I was little in Advance 2.

Looks Good. I dunno what would be lacking there. i'm not much of a critque person.

@TailsSena Wow. AT&T. i feel sorry for you. they dont have good plans either. I have Virgin Mobile. while not as fast since its 3g i have been with them since late january 2011. i have a plan that gives me 300 mins, Unlimited Texts & Data all for $25 dollars a month which is a great deal especially the Unlimited data part as i use the internet alot on my Samsung Intercept. its how i'm being active here as i once was before my 3 year absense.

Looking good, Overbound. ^_^

I think maybe the reason they seem "lacking" is because the two distinct types of rocks in each tile seem tacked on? In other words, try making their transition a little smoother. Other than that, I'm not sure what else can be done, since they look pretty creative as-is.

• Like 1

Them tiles are pretty damn sexy overbound.

The problem what made it look takky is the outline of the lower part, making it look like a piece of metal, I prefer the older ones to the fix.

The dark blue on in the bottom right corner looks fine because the outline isnt as visible..

(I hope im making sense xD)

EDIT: I mean kinda like this:

IeD2b.png

But im not as good as you at editing xD

• Like 1

Sorry for DP.

befriendingsonic.png

All he wanted to do is become friends with Sonic.

(The very WIP Radiant Shrine from Hedgehog Reborn, now on Sonic Worlds Level Collab. Lots of graphics missing, as I lost great part of its files. Graphics by GBlastMan... and some ripped from Ristar. I know this is just Mecha Sonic, but yeah, when you play against him, there will be a cutscene, and let's say I gave Mecha Sonic one more GB of RAM.)

OWNETSTARLITZ.png

Sonic now knows what the humans call "to be owned".