A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Does this mean we shall the see rest of the Chaotix? C:

I hope so. I know I'm adding Shadow and possibly Rouge and Espio... Vector and Charmy MIGHT happen.

(But hey, who here DOESN'T want to see Shadow as Cream's bitch in an Advance 3-esqe game? :tgrin::aparty:)

EDIT: Oh, hey. Forgot to mention I added Mighty more because of SegaSonic Arcade than Chaotix. I REALLY want to star Ray in another game... He's been hibernating for far too long.

Just because I love Cel-Shaded stuff.

This looks nice, but there's a bit too much bloom. Also, plain outlines around it isn't that good cel-shading. The shading inside also needs to be harsher and more sudden, rather than so soft. To see what I mean, check out the Jet Set Radio games' Cel-shading, or Gungrave.

Edit:

Also, upon reflection, the outline itself could stand to be a bit thicker too.

This looks nice, but there's a bit too much bloom. Also, plain outlines around it isn't that good cel-shading. The shading inside also needs to be harsher and more sudden, rather than so soft. To see what I mean, check out the Jet Set Radio games' Cel-shading, or Gungrave.

Edit:

Also, upon reflection, the outline itself could stand to be a bit thicker too.

Cel-Shading =/= Toon Shading

Take Borderlands for example, it's a cel-shaded game. Now look at Zelda Wind Waker, it's a Toon Shaded game.

Don't confuse both ;)

I hope so. I know I'm adding Shadow and possibly Rouge and Espio... Vector and Charmy MIGHT happen.

(But hey, who here DOESN'T want to see Shadow as Cream's bitch in an Advance 3-esqe game? :tgrin::aparty:)

EDIT: Oh, hey. Forgot to mention I added Mighty more because of SegaSonic Arcade than Chaotix. I REALLY want to star Ray in another game... He's been hibernating for far too long.

B-b-but... I LOVE Vector! D:

Alright, I might as well post my problem in another thread. Anyways, I further enhanced the code for Sonic's afterimages. Now, Sonic can break the speed of sound, just like in Sonic Advance 2/3. What I've done is sort of combine some actions from Sonic Unleashed/Colors and Advance.

So here's some screenies:

Normal Running:

zvh5X.png

Sonic: Runnin' around bein all cool....

Breaking the sound barrier

lVVXa.png

Sonic: HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT!

Oh yeah, when Sonic is running at this speed, his maximum speed increases too. :ssmile:

Alright, I might as well post my problem in another thread. Anyways, I further enhanced the code for Sonic's afterimages. Now, Sonic can break the speed of sound, just like in Sonic Advance 2/3. What I've done is sort of combine some actions from Sonic Unleashed/Colors and Advance.

So here's some screenies:

Normal Running:

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/zvh5X.png[/qimg]

Sonic: Runnin' around bein all cool....

Breaking the sound barrier

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/lVVXa.png[/qimg]

Sonic: HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT!

Oh yeah, when Sonic is running at this speed, his maximum speed increases too. :ssmile:

@SuperBliz Nice Effects!

i LOL'd at the Caption HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT!

Changed the Cracks around. used Xenofex 2's Crack Filter.

sonicblazeferalforest3.png

Any better? D:

Expanding upon the concept of Sonic Advance 3, as well as Sonic Worlds!

I approve of this. :D

You know how in each Sonic Advance game, every character gets new victory poses and idle animations? Perhaps you could add all of them and then have each character play them randomly - so, for example, Sonic would have 4 or 5 possible victory animations when he completes a stage.

Also, with regards to adding other characters - I would recommend that you start with the characters from Sonic Battle (i.e. Shadow, Rouge, etc) since they have more animations to work with. Normally, I would caution against adding so many characters, but since you're building an engine that can be continuously expanded upon, this is one of the rare occasions where it makes sense, so people who use it to make fangames can pick and choose which characters they want to add.

Aww snap!

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/F2CWf.png[/qimg]

Yes, he is fully functional! Took me 2 minutes to add him into the code, 30 minutes to sprite, and another 30 minutes to make this name tab. Palate swapping and editing is harder than it looks... :asweatdrop:

Hm. This'll be interesting. Will you take the Megamix route and have him play like Classic Sonic, or will you make him some new moves? And on another note, where are you going to get the sprites for him? There's not many good Advance style sprites for Mighty.

I too am a fan of the background.

Looks very nifty, Delta.

Can't wait to see more screens.

And, BTW, you guys realize that he's not the only one using a HUD that looks like that.

Just because it's similar to Euan's doesn't mean the idea was ripped off to look like that.

Hell, even I came up with a HUD that looked similar to his and this was around the time when I didn't know XG/Retro XG existed.

bizarre.png

A screenshot back from 2006/7's old days.

I used to have Multimedia Fusion Express.

One day, this Hidden Palace Zone I was making just unexpectedly broken due to a lack of energy in my house.

And well, what you see above is NO HWA, NO ink effect and NO sprite edition. I still have the file here... it seems like the engine broke up too, so I used the 8-dir movement to take these two shots.

It gave me some inspiration for Lost Hope Zone, after all.

Bizarre.