A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Added a walljump function to the engine:

JHTDA.pngAY5Gf.png

I also made a couple of monitors, this one for example is a random ring amount box. Ranges from : 5, 10, 20, and 50.

C6jqO.png

Lastly, I created water that changes speed and gravity variables depending if you're in it or not. (Drowning code is not done yet. :P)

IWH5S.pngxiGIh.png

And there is my progress for my engine so far. :ssmile:

@SuperBliz: You're making good ol' progress here, man. Just great. I only hope that your ring monitor shows the amount of rings the player got in its ion when you break it.

@Shockei Ray: Hmmm, yeah. I never used FRAPS myself, so I'm rather suspect when talking about it.

Here's more of what I did last night. Backgrounds by GBlastMan and... from Ristar.

rshrine1.pngrshrine2.pngrshrine3.pngrshrine4.pngrshrine5.png

Also thanks to LakeFeperd for some graphical hints.

Still needs lotta work, though.

Ported the breakable walls from the experimental build of Sonic Worlds into Sonic Blaze. And almost done with Sonic's Sprites.

[qimg]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5530/sonicblazeferalforest2.png[/qimg]

Heh heh...Wood...Heh heh.

You should probably take care of the top of the wood platforms to make them look less flat.

If you take my advice, I hope to see an update.

Even if it's a mock shot.

Other than that, yeah put cracks instead of worm holes inside the wood too.

Why does it look like you scribbled on the breakable wood tiles? Use a thinner line tool, if you really must. This just looks... Eeeeehhh....

I'm sure those are just a base for what he wants to do. He'll probably replace them when he gets a breakable tile made.

Ported the breakable walls from the experimental build of Sonic Worlds into Sonic Blaze. And almost done with Sonic's Sprites.

[qimg]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5530/sonicblazeferalforest2.png[/qimg]

Heh heh...Wood...Heh heh.

@LH The Hedgehog Nice Level!

Why does it look like you scribbled on the breakable wood tiles? Use a thinner line tool, if you really must. This just looks... Eeeeehhh....

...like there's a stickman inside of it, lol.

Thanks, Shockey.

@LH The Hedgehog Hahaha! Same thing someone said over at FurAffinity (Its a Art Sharing website i go to.) Yeah...I do need to re-edit that. I was just testing to make sure it works. did the same thing when i ported Asuma's Warp Engine Gimmick into the Delta Engine.

New SHMUP engine where you can't fire bullets unless the enemy gives them to you. Download it to see what you think, give some feedback on the scoring system (what you like, what feels awkward, what should be changed, etc).

1) Graze enemy bullets to build up your boost gauge - the green circle is the default radius of your parry weapon, though the black circle [your avatar for the time being] allows for faster boost accumulation.

2) Hold down the S button to build up your multiplier (which drains your boost gauge), let go to cancel it out and the green circle flashes white momentarily. This is your opportunity to deflect enemy fire - any bullets caught in the green/white circle will be multiplied in turn and deflected back.

3) The S key concentrates your parry on a select area and provides a strong assault on all sides. The D key uses up your entire boost gauge and sets off all bullets on screen - however this fire is much weaker than your normal parry and should generally only be used if you're in a pinch, rather than as an offensive strategy.

4) If you get hit, you lose your boost gauge and multiplier. I'm not against the idea of score penalties but I will leave that up to play-testers and experts.

5) Bullets will upgrade in size depending on how large the theoretical total count would be (done to prevent a 1,000-bullet storm choking the game to a crawl) - the limits/transitions are subject to change. At high levels of fire the game may slow down deliberately to allow the player some breathing room.

F key gives your boost gauge an insta-refill, G key spams more bullets. Use them after your first 'proper' go to see if the engine still works under those conditions.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27392295/missilespamtest3.exe

TO DO:

• More patterns
  • Score penalty on 'death'?
  • Possibly enhance/change the chaining/multiplier mechanics
  • Limit use of D Bombs - earn one per [10,000*rank] points?
  • Dynamic ranks/radius
  • Better audio/visual presentation

AA? I thought it was like a motion blur effect on the character. Either way, I agree with Blazefire. The screen shots are lovely though! From what I can see, the level has just the right amount of detail. It's like looking at a Sonic Advance 2 picture w/ more modern features.

@LH: Those crystal tiles are amazing! Perhaps you could add more color variations to the crystals? The background is looking great as well.

@LH: Those crystal tiles are amazing! Perhaps you could add more color variations to the crystals? The background is looking great as well.

Thanks, Hobbes (:

Actually, I tried to do it in Hedgehog Reborn's old days. I mean, GBlastMan tried, lol.

radiantshrineinsidebg1.png

...in the end, someone suggested to get the Ristar's backgrounds. And the colors, for me, after some time staring at this picture, seemed so...

banda-restart.jpg

:tbored: