A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Yup. Added sounds, modified some movement speed and physics, adding gimmicks, make enemies dieing Sonic 06 style(where you homing attack an enemy an they fly across the screen), changing animations(soon). The Full Engine is really customizable for me. :) It's one of those engines that don't do everything for you, which is great. Using engines that have everything done for you already isn't fun. :|

Yup. Added sounds, modified some movement speed and physics, adding gimmicks, make enemies dieing Sonic 06 style(where you homing attack an enemy an they fly across the screen), changing animations(soon). The Full Engine is really customizable for me. :) It's one of those engines that don't do everything for you, which is great. Using engines that have everything done for you already isn't fun. :|

I used to heavily mod Full Engine a long time ago, as well. I'm impressed with what you've done so far. :D

Sonic Saturn looks good. hope it will be good.

Fangames made in GameMaker are usually crap. I have seen a few that are not crap like Spike's Sonic 4 (which i think was renamed) & Sonic Time Twisted

Also...Full Engine?

Full Engine is a basic 360 engine with a couple added features made by Dekoldrick. Also, even though the physics in SonicSaturn aren't the BEST, I believe it still has potential to be an enjoyable fangame, especially with the 3D layer gimmick. :)

Fangames made in GameMaker are usually crap. I have seen a few that are not crap like Spike's Sonic 4 (which i think was renamed) & Sonic Time Twisted

Also...Full Engine?

Eh, so I guess my engine is crappy. -.- Anyways, you have yet to see what me and Delta have in store for everyone with Sonic: Edge of Darkness.

Full engine just basically means you get the stuff you need to start making a Sonic-styled fan game. It's got homing attack, spindash, 360 degree movement, grinding, etc. I added some stuff to the engine to make sure it works up to it's true potential. Trust me, the fan games made with Game Maker aren't usually crap, it's just because you got alot of newbs out there who don't usually utilize an engine right. Look at Billy Ocean for example, he's stuck with Game Maker for a while, and look at what he made. He made a kickass game named Sonic: Time Twisted. :P

Also...Full Engine?

Sonic Panic now, and thank you!

*click*

*eyes become as big as saucers*

I had not a single clue that someone can make a Mario engine out of Sonic Worlds, but you have done it. I am VERY impressed, and you deserve alot of kudos for this hard work.

I'm pretty sure that BlazeHedgehog created one back in 2007 or '06, when Mario Galaxy was launched. I remember that it even had the "planet gravity" presented in the game.

But yeah the engine looks pretty as hell, DNL. Well done.

Correct Pedro, He did. I prefer Appos better though but that probably has something to do with the fact that I can guess Appo has spent more time on his that Blaze did on his own.

The first decent GM games that I found at the time of 2006/07 was Sonic4 Sonic Panic and Sonic Adventure remix.

*click*

*eyes become as big as saucers*

I had not a single clue that someone can make a Mario engine out of Sonic Worlds, but you have done it. I am VERY impressed, and you deserve alot of kudos for this hard work.

Thanks, the worlds engine has been a god send, especialy with my programming skills. You just need to mess about with most of the values and see how they affect things. I think i posted a link to my VERY old jario game awhile ago and that was a disgrace.

TBH i know bits, it's all the math side of it that i have trouble with like something / the time of x * somthing complicate )\50*26 and things like that with cos and san in them. I've been using this click team stuff since the click and create days so i know a bit, but then i started getting into 3d then came back to MMF, then left it, then came back and so on.

Thanks but thats only a test level for the engine, it's not a game yet :)

Static engines don't require those things. They are just simple manipulation of X and Y variables. If you break one down, it is really easy. Most of it is just simply logical. It's just a shame it took me years to begin to realize it. If I broke it down with you, at the end you'd be like "That's so much easier than I thought..". Once I finally started to realize how they functioned I started rapidly making static engines, improving them more and more each time untill I can now make a really decent one with almost perfect collisions.

This is a mario engine i was working on, haven't touched it since febuary, anyhow it's pretty mucha modification of the sonic worlds engine. It still has a few bugs that nead ironing out. Even though I only show 3 power ups the others are fully working (carrot and ice flower) Sorry for the crappy quality.

http://youtu.be/PCyz12CR1Ko

HOLY SHIT! Thats a awesome Mario Engine.

Game or not. That'd make a great Open Source Mario Engine y'know?

• Like 1

HOLY SHIT! Thats a awesome Mario Engine.

Game or not. That'd make a great Open Source Mario Engine y'know?

After i fix some stuff in it i might post the mfa as i'm going to try and make my totaly original Jario game using the Unreal engine. I'm working on a sonic game at the moment and trying to finish it before generations is released (don't know if i'll manage it).

@Blazefire: Yeah i'm sure if i spent some time breaking it down it would seem abit more simple.

Nay, not yet anyways, thats for kronic and snails. by the time i get to grips with the unreal code generations will of been out for a few months. I've just done stuff with kismet in the unreal engine, thats why theres suddenly been a few help topic about how to do stuff in MMF

anyways heres some screen shots of the sonic game (just for the topics sake), still in it's early stages yet.

1-3.png

2-3.png

3-2.png

4-2.png

5-1.png

6-1.png