A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

After i fix some stuff in it i might post the mfa as i'm going to try and make my totaly original Jario game using the Unreal engine. I'm working on a sonic game at the moment and trying to finish it before generations is released (don't know if i'll manage it).

@Blazefire: Yeah i'm sure if i spent some time breaking it down it would seem abit more simple.

That would be aweaome if you did. Do let me know if do decidce to release the .mfa :)

HOLY SHIT! Thats a awesome Mario Engine.

Game or not. That'd make a great Open Source Mario Engine y'know?

Quoted For Truth. :D

Also, the comments about the Delta music reminded me of something I wanted to ask: Where did the invincibility music from Sonic Worlds beta come from? The really heavy one that sounds like something out of an anime show?

yeah, i got the idea when seeing parts of greenhill 'whited' out in the generations trailer like two dimentions were merging. Heres a rough story outline for it

One day in the 8bit world of mobius sonic finds that the chaos emeralds are missing from the special zones and instead of robonik trying to take you out himself sonic battles a robotnik like robot in each boss battle (like in sonic and knuckles). Sonic goes to find out what robotnik is up to and comes accross strange anomalies or ‘tears’ that go into the 16bit dimention. After going through one of these sonic meets up with tails who has a few theories...

• Need to get emeralds from other ‘16bit’ dimention

• When in one of these anomalies sonic can get the elemental shields, have a 16bit appearence (need to find a good sprite, maybe a mix between sonic 2 and 3) same with badniks, sounds, platforms, background and objects. Also sonic will have his spindash abillity (not sure about peal out)

Certain small effects such as items that I want to appear once as opposed to 50 times throughout the level and moving 3D water, but I am having problems with one that ISN'T affected by the parallax. It's this little idea I came up with after messing with a little party light at my friend's house.

The foreground is covered by a large fence-like object. This object moves upward. Deep in the background, there is another fence-like object, only with smaller holes. This moves downward. The effect is a pseudo 3-D rotation effect that makes you look like your in one of the cylinders from Metropolis Zone or Flying Battery.

• Like 1

Yo wat up biznapiznawaffleazitches. DW hur with this blingin' original sprite.

[qimg]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l172/DimensionWarped/blingpod.png[/qimg]

It's got gold, it's got pringles, and it's got curves and a muffin top. I made that shit with about 10 minutes of photoshop. Don't steal please or IMMA HAFTA CHOKA BITCH! By the way, here's a PSD file in case you don't like the pringle stache.

Looks like the Pringles man had a child with a double cheeseburger.

And oh yes, LH, Starlight Carnival looks wonderful. Seems you got the whole neon roadway thing implemented in-game, from what I can tell? I'm impressed.

@Shockey Ray, snow toilet, BlazefireLP, Hybrid35: Thanks (:

@Azukara: Thanks too. And yeah, it is implemented, but the original gimmick is LakeFeperd's too. Credit goes to him. I made another style for it usin LarkSS's Vector Engine, but it didn't work well anymore when I updated MMF2 to Build 251... so I had to use it.

I'm gonna play the original level and get some ideas, maybe even reproduce some paths.

Certain small effects such as items that I want to appear once as opposed to 50 times throughout the level and moving 3D water, but I am having problems with one that ISN'T affected by the parallax. It's this little idea I came up with after messing with a little party light at my friend's house.

The foreground is covered by a large fence-like object. This object moves upward. Deep in the background, there is another fence-like object, only with smaller holes. This moves downward. The effect is a pseudo 3-D rotation effect that makes you look like your in one of the cylinders from Metropolis Zone or Flying Battery.

Sounds complicated :S that also reminds me, i'm going to have work on some gimmicks soon (probably mean more help threads....yay.....)

@LH The Hedgehog: Looking good. I do have one question though, in the second screenshot is that blue ring thing part of the background? it's just that it looks like a targeting retical for a homing attack....might just be me though :S