A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Wow! It's already nice!...

Maybe changing Sonic sprite when choosing items of menu?

The image cycles between Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles already. ^^

The title screen looks snazzy but I'm not too sure about the composition. Feels a little busy or unclear at first to me.

Yeah I think the fact that it feels a bit busy is probably why the title screen is bothering me.

How about the font? What font should be changed, if there is a need to?

Make it blink, but pause it realistically.

The font could work with what's going on; how I look at things is that everything must compliment each other to pull it all together. The font used for the description of the highlighted option seems a little squashed to me.

Also if you were to change up the park background, change it do a screenshot or animation of one of the levels.

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/a7Kr52J.png[/qimg]

Not sure how I feel about the title screen.. The background is kinda a placeholder for the demo. Any suggestions?..

It doesn't look very good right now. And I can say this is defenitly because of sonic on the right side. Either try to adjust and make it better(can't give you any specific advice on this) or remove him completely. I think the latter wouldn't be very bad since the bg looks pretty nice, but I understand that you wanna have a sonic reference somewhere.

Good luck if you decide to adjust it

Thanks for your input guys, I'll get to work again on that menu, since I have a few ideas. (x

Anyways, introducing "Antarctic Amethyst Zone" (don't ask me, this is how Delta wanted to name the stages lol):

461eTea.png

Oh snap snowboardin'! :tgrin:

Can anyone name a source or something for using weather on this? I wanted to make it snow so I could add a touch to this, but I'm not too experienced with GM's particle system.

Nefault those trees are muthaflippin beautiful but the ground seems a bit jarring with the different colors and repetition going on, I wasn't able to distinguish the item boxes in the lower right corner for a sec. The colors don't seem to mesh too well. The character sprite also seems to stick out a bit too much but you would just need to match the different styles. overall it looks pretty cool. I like the autumn feel it seems to give off.

whoa i actually got feedback... *printscreen*

definitely saving this moment lol

i appreciate the constructive criticism. I definitely had the same feeling about the ground tiles. They were provided by a friend of mine who is a great sprite artist. I for one believe I lack the ability to draw anything environmental in sprite form. So with the best of my ability, I tried making everything fit as best as it could. Trust me it look much worse than this. But I will see about making adjustments on the things you've pointed out. Thanks again.

I agree with ECLIPS, the ground tiles seem a bit repetitive and it kinda bothers me when I look at it. I suggest you get your spriter (whoever that may be) and add some variety to those ground tiles. If you guys can collaborate and add variety to the visuals, you'll be golden.

Thanks for your input guys, I'll get to work again on that menu, since I have a few ideas. (x

Anyways, introducing "Antarctic Amethyst Zone" (don't ask me, this is how Delta wanted to name the stages lol):

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/461eTea.png[/qimg]

Oh snap snowboardin'! :tgrin:

Can anyone name a source or something for using weather on this? I wanted to make it snow so I could add a touch to this, but I'm not too experienced with GM's particle system.

That looks really nice Bliz, looking forward to this game.

I agree with ECLIPS, the ground tiles seem a bit repetitive and it kinda bothers me when I look at it. I suggest you get your spriter (whoever that may be) and add some variety to those ground tiles. If you guys can collaborate and add variety to the visuals, you'll be golden.

I'll see what I can do ;D

One of my first attempts at level mixing:

[qimg]http://imageshack.us/a/img255/6026/screenshot101p.png[/qimg]

Plz don't be too hard on me...

I had a similar idea for a level in my game,its name is Botanik Badnik Zone, and it was like a animal keeping facility of some sorts, half mechanical, half tropical.

And you just gave me a clue on how to start it.

Your level looks really good! Looking forward for more.

29xekx0.png

So guys I'm in need of assistance with the level layout. This is the first level of the game and it is set in a musical city/club. I wanna try and emphasize the whole 'city/club' element of the level which is why I made the level look boxish; they symbolize the buildings. There are several paths to the level as you can see. The problem I'm having is that the level becomes very vertical at times and I'm not too sure if that would break the flow of gameplay too much. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Apologies. I didn't think that the pic would stretch the screen.

This is true. His gameplay style is similar to megaman or kirby but he is able to change the enviornment abit using the new blocks in the enviornment to get to secret areas... Like a mixture of kirby and sonic cd in a sence.

Also, depending on whether or not you want the environmental changing to be a main factor, you might want to keep areas that take advantage of it to a minimum. Possibly add them in as a part of the main level early on, but make them more sparse later so that they're more of an optional thing.

FirstPreview.png

Might as well show off something from what I've been working on. I've been working on the foundations of a Digimon side-scrolling game similar in nature to Digimon Battle Spirit, but as a Metroidvania rather than a fighting game. The movement mechanics and abilities for Agumon are fully implemented. The base mechanics are simple due to the Wonderswan/GBA's two-button implementation, though I gave the secondary attack and the dash their own buttons in this instance.

My intended list of playable characters is: Agumon, Gabumon, Veemon, Wormmon, Patamon, Gatomon, Guilmon, Terriermon and Renamon. I have complete sprite sets for all of them except Guilmon and Wormmon (though there's the Extra Guilmon sheet I have that can be re-paletted to fit the normal Guilmon, though that seems to be more time-consuming than it seems, due to the eyes).

I'm also kinda hoping there'd be someone who could make me a custom set of sprites for Masaru as well, but I'm not expecting that to happen.