A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-ZAnX3t1E

Someone said i should add a wall to the water dingy,so yeah.

looks very fun, I cant wait to play. but heres a few suggestions. not commands, not criticism, suggestions. his walking/running animation look choppy and unsynchronized. And the backround looks a little bland. Parallax the water like it is in greenhill. maybe add some moving clouds. PM me if you want me to help you make Sonic's animation better, the way I explain it is a little extensive and I don't want to clog this thread.

looks very fun, I cant wait to play. but heres a few suggestions. not commands, not criticism, suggestions. his walking/running animation look choppy and unsynchronized. And the backround looks a little bland. Parallax the water like it is in greenhill. maybe add some moving clouds. PM me if you want me to help you make Sonic's animation better, the way I explain it is a little extensive and I don't want to clog this thread.

Thanks for the tip.I gonna add those features and fix sonic.

Oh no, my worst nightmare...

i could never beat all of Sonic 1's special stages, i'll give it a try on SAGE though!

Yeah, that's the entire marketing ploy of this game. I'm using people's hatred of those special stages as a way to make people want to play it.

By the way it's not just Sonic 1's special stages, it's got a bunch of original levels as well for challenge mode.

This looks really cool, specially saloms flight and I love how atmospheric the arcade and the air hockey table are. But I have one quip. Why is the over world so......boring? Surely you can do something more with it than just a flat plane?

Thanks I'm glad you like it!

I guess you can say I didn't have much inspiration while drawing the interior of the arcade center xD

Because the room was so long, I didn't really know what to put in all that empty space. The entrance is the most decorative side since I have a man at the counter letting the player in. But you're right I should do something about that, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the feedback, mate!

You're welcome man :D

Because of how long it is, why not shrink it a bit by going vertical? Add some platforming or something to help divide it up. Could help the player mentally map out the area more easily as well. Just a suggestion, but I'm sure you'll think of something awesome.

EDIT: Not quite in-game progress, but it is pretty relevant to whats been going in with my game as of late. Got a concept booklet of AWAKE printed for my game dev course

BKJypwuCIAE2ePn.jpg:large

I was actually thinking about adding higher platforms in the future because there will be more arcade games made, but for now it doesn't seem like enough for separate floors. But thanks for the advice! I went back into working on the interior some more. How is this?

_salom_adventure__arcade_center_interior_updated_by_kainoso-d656yv8.gif

Now that looks pretty lively to me. Would be nice to incorporate a second floor, through use of a warp instead of platforming though. (Exit the side of the screen or press a button to go to 2F, something similar to that.) Whenever I see something like that I just think of how that would go over in reality. Then again, this isn't really a reality based game, but how would you feel if you suddenly saw someone jump up through a hole in the second floor and just walk over to a game all non-chalant.

Now that looks pretty lively to me. Would be nice to incorporate a second floor, through use of a warp instead of platforming though. (Exit the side of the screen or press a button to go to 2F, something similar to that.) Whenever I see something like that I just think of how that would go over in reality. Then again, this isn't really a reality based game, but how would you feel if you suddenly saw someone jump up through a hole in the second floor and just walk over to a game all non-chalant.

Actually the way I'd have the player going on each floor (or preferably the next room) is either by taking the stairs/elevator or going through a door transitioning to the next area. It's pretty much like that for the other areas in the HUB World.

Looks pretty snazzy Nefault.

In regards to having platforming though in a hub world, I don't see why you wouldn't have it, its still a part of the game so it makes sense to make the hub world just as much level as a main stage as long as its not done obnoxiously.

I mean the 'hub' world in my game has platforming out the ass and has multitudes of uses and exploration involved with it to make it more than just a hub world. Its a place that the player is going to be revisiting a lot so it makes sense to me to have it as an active part of the game's progression instead of just a fancy level select. But do what you like. Theres no wrong way to go about this.

I definitely agree with you, but I was only talking about the Arcade Center. Right now I know I haven't added much (well hardly any) platforming in the entire HUB World, and frankly I find it a good idea to. But honestly I couldn't find a single way to make it work, so I instead went the realistic way and just made a simple town full of buildings to go into and stages to enter by either going to the left side or right side of the island. But of course I didn't make that the only way to select a level for I've made a Quick Play option in the Main Menu. All you see here is in Adventure Mode. So even though you will revisit the area often, there's still a LOAD of stuff to do. You just won't be platforming on the way. But in the future I'll most likely add more platforms because I will be adding a storyline to the game taking place in that area so there will be a lot more activity going on.

Read if you dare, this post is huge.

So, zigzax and I did A LOT of brain storming this weekend, and we got A LOT done. And by done I mean figured out. We have the main storyline like 80% figured out. All we need is how the last 3 levels will go. The planned levels we have so far go as this. Keep in mind these are all different planets.

Little Planet Act 1: Starts out on Never Lake, Ends on Stardust Speedway.

Little Planet Act 2: Starts on stardust Speedway, ends at Palmtree Panic.

Little Planet Act 3: Starts on Palmtree Panic, ends with a cutscene that shows the Galaxy Fortress (the giant death egg) appearing, and pulling Little Planet into its orbit.

Soundtrack: Correspond with the current location

Retrocircuit Sanctuary Act 1 and 2: A very eerie place that appears to be the watery ruins of an ancient technical race. Features lots of fog in the backround, (for extra eerieness) strange malfunctioning badniks, and the the Galaxy Fortress looming overhead far away. The Galaxy Fortress will be dark, almost a silhouette. Also features a gimmick that is similar to Sky Sanctuary's Teleporters to transport from the water sections to the above ground sections.

Retrocircuit Sanctuary Boss Act: Unknown. (Zigzax and I want the bosses in the game to have the epic action packed feeling that the bosses in eggman hates furries has)

Soundtrack: Something eerie.

??? Act 1and 2: I have not talked to zigzax about this one, but the idea is a very dark where you can barely tell the difference between the tiles and and the backround, and it is hard to navigate. I don't know anything else, it's just an idea. The name might actually be ???, or just Zone, but I don't know yet

Soundtrack: Lots of creepy noises probably.

Boss: Unknown.

Neo Shift Act 1: Your Typical desert level.

Neo Shift Act 2: Your typical snow level.

NeoShift Boss : Probably something with snow and sand.

Soundtrack: Same track for each act but a different mix for each to make it feel like how it did in BTS.

Emert X Act 1: This planet is like what BTS did with lost levels zone. It features some of the levels that sonic Xtreme was going to have. you've probably figured out by now that Emert X is Xtreme backwards. This is probably not the final name. Act 1 will be like Jade Gully.

Emert X Act 2: Will be like Red Sands.

Emert X act Boss Act Will take place in that weird purple limbo called new worlds in most videos. No idea what the boss will be like.

Impending Crashcourse act 1 and 2: We don't have anything definite for this one, but it will be feel like crisis city in terms of how to physically feel. Panicy and, you know, in a crisis. The planet is a smaller planet that was put on a direct collision course towards the galaxy fortress, and Sonic needs to escape.

Impending Crashcourse Boss Act: Features a large robot (similar in size to Death Egg Robot) that was sent to the planet to make sure Sonic will die. When defeated, the cutscene that follows is sonic traveling to the final planet by transforming into super sonic using the final chaos emerald that was inside the robot, the emeralds are a part of the story in this game, the super emeralds and maybe the time stones are not. The planet makes the hole to enter the Galaxy Fortress.

Soundtrack: Act one will be like Sonic Advance's x-zone, act 2 like Sonic Advance 2's True Area 53.

Just to get this out of the way... the galaxy Fortress is what makes the big death egg look big. It will be a thin outer shell (not thin compared to the planets)

that is meant to be the place where the planets stuck into its orbit crash into. It's basically meant to be damaged, and still look like a big death egg. The core is the original Death Egg. you know the big hourglass type thing in the middle of S&K's Deat Egg? Well, that's a big chamber that can increase gravity BY ALOT. The Death Egg's shell (the Galaxy Fortress) is supported by HUGE metal beams.

Galaxy Fortress Act 1: Look up sonic xtreme galaxy fortress. It's "supposed" to be the death egg. But the way the level is structured and the backround isn't too convincing... That's where I got the idea of the Galaxy Fortress and Death Egg being 2 separate things.

Galaxy Fortress Act 2: A joyride down one of the huge beams into the actual Death Egg. You play as super sonic to fight the gravity of the Death Egg.

Soundtrack: Probably a remix of Space Queens.

Death Egg Act 1: Similar gameplay to S&K's Death Egg.

Death Egg Boss Act: Pfpt, no idea.

Soundtrack: Who knows...

Some weird final boss that you need the super emeralds or the time stones to access Boss Act: Read the current stage title.

Wow. That was a long post. but wait! There's more! I'm stil debating if I should add the time stones, and if I do, I want to make some sort of "time sonic" super form if I do. The reason you can't face the final final boss without the super emeralds is because super sonic isn't fast enough to escape the ramped up gravity. If "time sonic" is implemented, he will probably be green, and his role will be to defeat the final final boss and use time to use the chaos control on all the planets and reset them to there original position and destroy the Galaxy Fortress. Not sure yet...

If you want to reply, please do on the thread for this game. Thanks!

Mrpoe,this is the post your SCREENSHOT thread,not the brainstorming one.Besides,if you want people to reply in your thread,why even post here?

@Lake:

The artwork is good,I like the coloring and how it ressembles the sprite.

But people asked a while ago,dunno if you answered,but is there any in story reason why he looks so much like Sonic?

If not,I think you coulda went for something more original..

@Shinbaloonba & Aizen90

De was mostly made to introduce and expose the player to the past.

Aslo, the reason he looks a lot like Sonic?... i had that huge sheet shinbs and jayden made for sonic so... why not? also i can't sprite characters very well

The reason that he looks a lot like chrono (now his name is Gerem) is because of the whole chrono trigger's dark ages influence in the setting of the past's surface.

And he's also a mix between something made by akira toriyama and sonic so... i thought it would fit...

EDIT:

VP244t1.png

And this: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll9u16mIMT1qgvvtno1_500.png

well, actually, looking back at original chrono character, they don't really look the much alike anymore.

After 3 days, my special stage based by on Sonic CD (and sonic classic 2 \o) is 30% completed!

*This photo is a Prototype version of engine, everything is gonna change, i think*

[qimg]http://imageshack.us/a/img189/6075/semttulolmm.png[/qimg]

Uhee-ee!

Looking pretty good so far Cleberson. Though if you are going to make changes, I hope that includes getting a different background for the special stage, it looks kinda scary and compared to the environment around the player, it looks unfitting. I'm also not sure about the super dark horizon line, i think you should lighten it up a bit. That's my advice to you as far as the design aspect, other than that I can't wait to see how this engine works!

-edit-

Salom Adventure Logo progress

DON'T CLICK FOR LARGER VIEW!

salom_adventure_logo_by_nefault1st-d50ufe7.png

CLICK FOR LARGER VIEW!

salom_adventure_logo_v2_0_by_nefault1st-d58p9p3.png

CLICK FOR LARGER VIEW!

salom_adventure_official_logo__advanced__by_kainoso-d65avr5.png

Over the past year, I've been trying to find the perfect design for my fan game's logo. I think I found it.