A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

It's the start of the summer and I'm already getting prepared for SAGE this year. I will not, however, be entering Sonic Epsilon as a booth this year. I've realized that I will not have any time to put into it this summer, and decided to work on something smaller.

matictitle.png

Woo! actual footage of my fangame on youtube! I forgot to show the title screen, but ill probably do that in a video that will show off never lake. It's not terribly exciting, but it something. You know what I noticed? A bunch of sonic fan games have sonic with a really choppy walking animation. I mean, I had no problem getting it not to. Ah, whatever... My signature doesn't have the "the" above it, because I'm too lazy to change it.

EDIT: Oops, it would probably help to put the link

http://youtu.be/Cyxf0a3l9jU

I do not, actually. That usually isn't revealed until later into the summer. I was simply starting my summer off right by revealing my entry for SAGE.

However, SAGE usually starts around August, if there aren't any...ahem...delays. If there are, then it usually starts in September.

Betaman, do you know when SAGE 13 is going to be?

So i can know how much time i have left to make Sonic FTB more presentable.

EDIT: Mr. Poe,would you be kind enough to provide us with a link?

Wow, the video did not upload right and I accidentally hit the done button, so...

anyway... I've been thinking... I may drop the whole sonic prequel thing, and leave that to you, because mine seems too oriented around explaining both sonic and sonic cd, so I think I just might do a full blown sonic cd prequel, because I was planning on doing one after I finished this one. And besides, who needs two sonic prequels lying around anyway? I mean, I wouldn't want two BTSs lying around on the internet. But I need help with two things... A name for the game, and a way to make it fit in the story line. So... The genesis saga is:

FTB S1 BTS S2 ATS S3&K (they were meant to be one game, but the game was too big [you probably knew this]) S4I S4II

I'm sure you noticed the fact that sonic CD is not there... I know it came out between sonic 2 and 3, but how does it fit in the timeline with our in-between games explanations? It just doesn't seem to fit... Let alone, how would an actual sonic CD prequel fit? Were running out of games to fit into the genesis saga and maybe its a good thing. Some good old fashioned sonic ka-knowledge would be great.

Sonic before the Cd?

[edit] sonic cd was released after 2, but it's suposed to take place before 2

sonic bts essentialy removes cd from the timeline though, and ats leaves no place for cd in the timeline except for after 3&k.

Sonic before the Cd?

[edit] sonic cd was released after 2, but it's suposed to take place before 2

sonic bts essentialy removes cd from the timeline though, and ats leaves no place for cd in the timeline except for after 3&k.

Except that it's stated in the Japanese manual for Sonic 1 that Sonic had many encounters with Dr. Eggman, the Chaos emeralds, and even South Island before Sonic 1 even started. Not only that, but it never states explicitly that Sonic 2 takes place DIRECTLY after Sonic 1. (Like Sonic immediately heads off towards Westside Island, where Miles resides.)BTS is the only thing I've ever seen (Aside from some comics) that claims Sonic 2 happens very shortly after Sonic 1. I'd say that S2 probably happened about a year and a half after the first game did due to all of new stuff that's just suddenly THERE at the start of the game. (Miles, the Tornado,You know, the DEATH EGG, something that should have taken MONTHS to build.)

Except that it's stated in the Japanese manual for Sonic 1 that Sonic had many encounters with Dr. Eggman, the Chaos emeralds, and even South Island before Sonic 1 even started. Not only that, but it never states explicitly that Sonic 2 takes place DIRECTLY after Sonic 1. (Like Sonic immediately heads off towards Westside Island, where Miles resides.)BTS is the only thing I've ever seen (Aside from some comics) that claims Sonic 2 happens very shortly after Sonic 1. I'd say that S2 probably happened about a year and a half after the first game did due to all of new stuff that's just suddenly THERE at the start of the game. (Miles, the Tornado,You know, the DEATH EGG, something that should have taken MONTHS to build.)

HOLY SH!T BISCUITS MY MIND IS OVERLOADED WITH SO MANY TIME PARADOXES AND STUFFS AND THE THIS AND THE THAT AND THE SCHLING SCHLONG SLOPPY KLONG AND THE GLOOK AND THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Oh my gosh. I think I got it. So. If I recall correctly, as I just pulled out my sonic 1 cartridge to read the manual, it infers that sonic has never had an encounter with eggman, which is why my game was not going to have boss fights with eggman, but instead with various other things, similar to what BTS did with tails. So... If there were events that happened between sonic and eggman before sonic one, sonic cd is a potential candidate for one of those events. the comics and the manual also infer that sonic only knew about the chaos emeralds shortly before sonic one, and jassbec has that covered. So, if sonic cd happened before sonic one, then why wouldn't he overreact about the timestones? In the sonic cd manual, (I stupidly got my sega cd out instead of just using the internet first) sonic reacts very casually about the time stones, as they are pretty much just chaos emeralds with time travel capabilities. He must have known about the emeralds when this happened. here:

"Sonic, where are you going now?"

Sonic the Hedgehog looked over his shoulder at Princess Sally (in actuality, Amy Rose), the young hedgehog who was racing hot on his heels.

"To Never Lake," he called back.

"Why Never Lake?"

Sonic slowed down a little so he could explain. "Ever heard of the Little Planet?"

"Isn't that the tiny world that orbits around Mobius?" Princess Sally asked. "The one with the special stones that alter time and change everything around them? I heard that the planet's full of places that are completely ignored by the passage of time!"

"Yeah. On the last month of every year, the Little Planet appears over Never Lake. It's that time now, and I'm going to check it out. I bet space travel will be exciting!"

"With all those Time Stones, I bet you'll try to outrun time itself!" Princess Sally sighed in adoration.

Sonic didn't reply. He just smiled, eyes gleaming.

When they arrived at Never Lake, the Little Planet was there as expected. But something was wrong. Where there should have been tall trees and bright flowers, there was nothing but dry sand and jagged rocks. The Little Planet was tethered to a rock with a huge chain and its surface was covered with twisted, gleaming metal.

"What happened?" Princess Sally wondered.

Before Sonic could reply, something whooshed over them. Princess Sally shrieked as she was snatched up, and she and her captor vanished in a blue streak of light!

"What the -- PRINCESS SALLY!"

It didn't take long for Sonic to realize what had happened. "This has to be one of Dr. Robotnik's tricks!"

Indeed it was! Upon discovering the location of the Little Planet, the evil Dr. Robotnik and his robot cronies had immediately set about converting it to a giant fortress. When Robotnik saw Sonic approaching, he had dispatched his prize creation, the Metal Sonic, to grab Princess Sally and lure his arch enemy into danger.

"How convenient!" Robotnik crowed, bouncing about like a malicious rubber ball. "This time my scientific expertise will crush you! Once all the Time Stones are in my hands, I'll be able to manipulate time and conquer the world! HO, HO, HO, HO!"

Sonic stood on a rock and though. Robotnik had control on the Little Planet. He had Princess Sally, and soon he would have the Time Stones...but not if Sonic got to them first!

His adventure on the Little Planet was going to be more exciting and dangerous than he'd planned. It was time to get a move on!

so, it would make no sense for sonic cd to happen before sonic one, because sonic reacts to casually about the timestones, and (there is too many other reasons to write them all, so) hyper metal sonic is much better than silver sonic, (think sonic 2 for those who don't know) who appears to be eggmans first attempt at recreating sonic, so sonic cd must have happened after sonic 2. sonic cd is not after s3&k, because it clearly says s4 is right after s3&k. Sonic cd is not after sonic 4 because little planet is conformed into the DE mk.II, and in the first scene of episode metal, metal sonic comes from little planet to earth...

so... There is only one solution. sonic cd never happened.

I'm going to try and explain a time paradox:

Sonic cd did happen, but sonic used the time stones to return little planet to normal, and was never conscious of the events of sonic cd ever happening.

Why you ask? I'll tell you.

little planet is a "small planet where time flows freely and appears above never lake during the last month of the year" according to the new sonic cd adaptation. So. when sonic finds out about little planet in this prequel, and goes to visit it in CD, he goes onto little planet to stop eggman, gets the time stones, and returns the planet to normal by using them. Timeflows only change on little planet, so time on earth remains the same, meaning that when sonic finished going back and forth from past to future to present, little planet has disappeared when he uses the time stones, as one month has passed. so he returns to earth in possession of the timestones at the beginning of January with know idea wtf happnened, not remembering that he was on little planet, because he was still affected by little planets time shifts while he used the timestones to return it. Do you get it?

Now, we of course know sonic is fully aware of the events that happened on little planet, judging by the ending custscene of cd, and S4II.

This means that cd happened inbetween...

S2 and ATS! Think about it... The demo of ATS starts out with no real connection to S2 like BTS did with S1. And I thought that sonic 3 happened literally right after the finish of S2, judging by the plane scene. I thought they just stumbled across angel island. ATS could be the same way, but with sonic cd happening right after S2 and before ATS. So, I think sonic cd happened then, so what about the location? Where does sonic cd take place? Where does ATS take place? The only directional island sonic hasn't used is Westside island, and I don't know if ATS took place there or no. Does BTS have a locations? Anyways, lets assume and hope sonic cd takes place on Never Lake, Westside Island, and BTS/ATS somewhere else. OK so this is great and all, but now we have to figure out when sonic cd's prequel takes place! I'm a little screwed over on this one, because BTS has immediate connections to S1 and S2. GHZ at the beginning, and EHZ at the end...

So there's 3 possibilities:

1. We go with my CD never happened paradox, and make the prequel actually happen after CD with some big huge paradox

2: We create a prequel/sequel combo somehow, that has an intermission that tells you to go play CD

3: Or you decide!

So you decide which number: 1, 2 or 3. (just made a paradox, ya see it?)

I'm going to bed now, my brain hurts and it's late where I am.

Hello there guys.

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/GTH1HgV.png[/qimg]

Here's a mysterious screenshot.

Even though there no mystery there...

So it looks like Sonic has somehow fused with the first boss from BTS Aftermath. Or it could be a completely different character altogether. However, I'm just going by what it looks like.

and Mr. Poe, I believe your are going about this incorrectly. You're treating the classic games as if they follow a strict pathway. (As in one happens right after the other.) I like to think of the classic games as sort of like a comic book series. There are a few comics here and there that have nothing to do with the previous storyline you saw before. They're just fluff and are there to distract you while the artists and writers design the next part of the REAL story. Think of BTS and ATS as those fluff comics, only there to give a little insight as to what's happening in-between the main stories.

Now Sonic CD and Sonic 4 can go either way. Some treat both as legitimate stories and regard them to be shoehorned somewhere in the series, while others say they're just fluff and put them where ever. (The people that like and dislike both sets respectively.)

In other words: There isn't really a place in the timeline for Sonic CD unless you make one. Forget about BTS and ATS, they hold no meaning with this particular game YOU are making. Forget about the American manuals, because they were made by SOA to make Sonic "Rad" and "Hip" with the American crowd, and I never said anything about those stories anyway. But I'm de-railing this thread way too much. This sort of thing should be saved from private messages, and I will do as such.

Don't forget Sonic has been in the hands of soo many different people and Sonic CD was the first time this actually happened.

Sonic CD was never meant to be a sequel/prequel to any game.

It is its own title and it's meant to stant alone among all of the other classic games, just like Chaotix.

Anyway, as said in BTS aftermath: BTS happens in a place called Flower mountain land. ATS happens in... i dunno, Angel Coast? aaaand Chrono Adventure happens in Anarkand, south of Angel Coast. (it was supposed to have a meaning but i dropped it)

See poe? That's why i wanted my Sonic 1 prequel to have nothing to do with any other game exept Sonic 1, it takes place in Cristmas Island and like betaman said, Sonic had many encounters with eggman before Sonic 1. That's why my game it's coming along really well story wise, i'm a Sonic canon freak, so i'll know if stuff makes sense or not. :P

EDIT: you should try to make your game a standalone game.

Hello there guys.

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/GTH1HgV.png[/qimg]

Here's a mysterious screenshot.

Even though there no mystery there...

Enough about this,let's focus on LakeFeperd and his screenshots, lol.

Anyways, it's pretty obvious it's some sort of power up. I'm thinking in something similar to megaman, you defeat the boss and you get the power, it's just speculation from my part,haha.

See poe? That's why i wanted my Sonic 1 prequel to have nothing to do with any other game exept Sonic 1, it takes place in Cristmas Island and like betaman said, Sonic had many encounters with eggman before Sonic 1. That's why my game it's coming along really well story wise, i'm a Sonic canon freak, so i'll know if stuff makes sense or not. :P

EDIT: you should try to make your game a standalone game.

So it's settled. I'm going to do something I've always wanted to do... Tails the Fox! It's a Tails solo game that basically explains: Tails! 'Cuz Tails is awesome!

Jk, but it doesn't sound like too bad of an idea, and it's standalone, but whatever.

I think I'm going to keep what I have so far, and drop badnik base.

Maybe I should slightly alter the one sonic x-treme stories... I like the one where eggman builds a death egg bigger than earth itself, and all the planets orbits get screwed over and sonic has to hop from planet to planet to get there...

I don't know, but I think I'm gonna take your advice, make it a standalone game, and leave you to the sonic prequel thing, because you're farther ahead that me, (I think) and I don't want 2 sonic prequels on the internet. (is there more?)

I want your advice of what I should do... I'm in a big loophole here.

So it's settled. I'm going to do something I

Maybe I should slightly alter the one sonic x-treme stories... I like the one where eggman builds a death egg bigger than earth itself, and all the planets orbits get screwed over and sonic has to hop from planet to planet to get there...

Oh my god i'm not he only person in this planet who thinks this was a good idea.

No you're not, personally i think some Sonic X-treme concept stories are really good. yeah, you should try that!

Ok! It's finally settled! Sonic X-treme it is!

EDIT: Ok, hre is the main storyline for sonic Xtreme, found on sonic retro.

SONIC XTREME - by Yasuhara Hirokazu and Richard Wheeler

Story

After Robotnik's defeat at the Floating Island, things returned to normal for Sonic and his friends. Robotnik however, had not been idle, and returned with an even grander scheme to conquer the world.

Robotnik has rebuilt his Death Egg fortress, larger than Sonic's entire world! So powerful is its gravity that it can rip planets from their orbits. Already several planets orbited the huge fortress, and Robotnik would not rest until Sonic's world was in his clutches as well!

Already the world is being drawn to the Death Egg. Sonic has to act quickly to stop Robotnik. Tails has managed to create a working teleport pod that can send Sonic to the Death Egg. There was no time to contact Knuckles, so Tails will stay behind and operate the teleport pod and Sonic will travel to the heart of the Death Egg and destroy it.

But as Sonic was teleporting, one of the small planets surrounding the Death Egg changed course and intercepted Sonic! Sonic found himself on a strange world, surrounded by Badnik robots! Already the inhabitants of this world had been captured and changed into his evil minions. Robotnik had prepared a cunning trap, and Sonic had walked right into it.

Everything had gone as Robotnik had planned. He knew that Sonic would try to get to his new Death Egg, and had changed the creatures called Mips into Badniks. Then by controlling the planet's orbit, he had led Sonic right into his trap!

"HA! HA! Now I've got you, you spiky blue freak! You won't stop me this time!"

Sonic must free the captive Mips, make his way to the new Death Egg, and destroy it quickly. If he fails, the world will belong to Robotnik forever!

I want to stay generally close to the storyline, except for a few things. My game is going to start out the way it does now, with sonic finding little planet. But, when eggman launches his death egg somewhere else far away, sonic is on little planet when it happens. with that being said, we can scrap tails and his dumb teleporter altogether.

I don't want to scrap the Mips, but I do at the same time, as they seem similar to wisps... It feels to me we actually did get sonic xtreme over time... Sonic colors is VERY similar to this story, and sonic doom is very similar to sonic adventure...

So I think it should just be a planet to planet journey starting with little planet.

Ok! It's finally settled! Sonic X-treme it is!

EDIT: Ok, hre is the main storyline for sonic Xtreme, found on sonic retro.

SONIC XTREME - by Yasuhara Hirokazu and Richard Wheeler

Story

After Robotnik's defeat at the Floating Island, things returned to normal for Sonic and his friends. Robotnik however, had not been idle, and returned with an even grander scheme to conquer the world.

Robotnik has rebuilt his Death Egg fortress, larger than Sonic's entire world! So powerful is its gravity that it can rip planets from their orbits. Already several planets orbited the huge fortress, and Robotnik would not rest until Sonic's world was in his clutches as well!

Already the world is being drawn to the Death Egg. Sonic has to act quickly to stop Robotnik. Tails has managed to create a working teleport pod that can send Sonic to the Death Egg. There was no time to contact Knuckles, so Tails will stay behind and operate the teleport pod and Sonic will travel to the heart of the Death Egg and destroy it.

But as Sonic was teleporting, one of the small planets surrounding the Death Egg changed course and intercepted Sonic! Sonic found himself on a strange world, surrounded by Badnik robots! Already the inhabitants of this world had been captured and changed into his evil minions. Robotnik had prepared a cunning trap, and Sonic had walked right into it.

Everything had gone as Robotnik had planned. He knew that Sonic would try to get to his new Death Egg, and had changed the creatures called Mips into Badniks. Then by controlling the planet's orbit, he had led Sonic right into his trap!

"HA! HA! Now I've got you, you spiky blue freak! You won't stop me this time!"

Sonic must free the captive Mips, make his way to the new Death Egg, and destroy it quickly. If he fails, the world will belong to Robotnik forever!

I want to stay generally close to the storyline, except for a few things. My game is going to start out the way it does now, with sonic finding little planet. But, when eggman launches his death egg somewhere else far away, sonic is on little planet when it happens. with that being said, we can scrap tails and his dumb teleporter altogether.

I don't want to scrap the Mips, but I do at the same time, as they seem similar to wisps... It feels to me we actually did get sonic xtreme over time... Sonic colors is VERY similar to this story, and sonic doom is very similar to sonic adventure...

So I think it should just be a planet to planet journey starting with little planet.

How about using little planet as some sort of spaceship with Tails' help? Similar to the Mario head in Mario Galaxy 2.

And i also like the LOL, Nope in your signature.

How about using little planet as some sort of spaceship with Tails' help? Similar to the Mario head in Mario Galaxy 2.

And i also like the Lol,Nope in your signature.

Well, little planet is bound to disappear sometime, and I want the special stages to be like a transit between the worlds, failing the special stage allows you to move on still, but you wont be able to face the final boss.

Does that sound good or does the little planet and tails thing sound better?

and do you think this conversation is threadworthy yet?

Your special stage idea seems kinda unfair, you fail,no good ending 4 U. take for example s3&k's giant rings or the checkpoints in Sonic 2. But i don't know how many levels are you doing, so i'll shut up and watch.

ZigZax's idea is good too.

Though the Little Planet spaceship seems kinda cool to me, but it's your game after all!

Maybe little planet could get trapped in the orbit of the death egg?

Make the misps this game's equivalent of flickies? Each planet could have it's own equivalent to flickies maybe too.

yea, I already said little planet gets stuck in the death eggs orbit

Your special stage idea seems kinda unfair, you fail,no good ending 4 U. take for example s3&k's giant rings or the checkpoints in Sonic 2. But i don't know how many levels are you doing, so i'll shut up and watch.

ZigZax's idea is good too.

Though the Little Planet spaceship seems kinda cool to me, but it's your game after all!

I like the idea with the mips as replacement flickies.

there's going to be seven zones, (planets) and I probably wont do the fail thing, but if I do, there will be other ways to get the good ending, probably an extra boss battle, or something unique like that. But right now were in the idea stage, and you guys help is great. I'm gonna start a new thread, and we can hash out ideas there.