A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Oh, SPOILER for Sonic Chrono Adventure!

zfeoxxU.png

Oh, and btw, somebody wanna has any idea of what name i can give to the Green hedgehog over there?

his name for now is Chrono but ya know, that's the name of the game and i don't wanna give him too much attention, even though he is a playable character at a certain point.

Oh hell yeah!

A Metroidvania (or Metronic,heh) Sonic game always been my the Sonic game of my dreams,this cutscene gives me a Zelda-ish vibe too and that's a great plus.

I don't have fangaming knowledge,so I could'n try to do it myself,so thanks for for fulfilling this dream <3

Matterfact,I've been working on something based on my concept,and it may be useful for you.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Shinbs/MGT/0civillianpresent1.png

They're unusual animals in Sonic style,that I'd use for generic civilians ala Zelda species.They're all wip,but they're varied and might be useful,so if it intrerests you,just ask me,and I'll finish/make any animal you might want.

It seems you're only using birds so far,I could help with that too.

I've never used Reaper before. How easy is it for say someone who is relatively inexperienced musically outside of using Ableton. Also is it great for mixing? Ableton I am kinda learning a few ropes finally I guess but I find mixing in it to be a little difficult - some stuff usually comes out muddy and not 'full enough' for my liking which again probably falls down to experience.

And one last question can I use my computer keyboard to play the vsts I have?

Just wondering if Reaper would be something I should migrate to.

Oh, SPOILER for Sonic Chrono Adventure!

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/zfeoxxU.png[/qimg]

Oh, and btw, somebody wanna has any idea of what name i can give to the Green hedgehog over there?

his name for now is Chrono but ya know, that's the name of the game and i don't wanna give him too much attention, even though he is a playable character at a certain point.

I vote Emosewa (eh-moe-seh-wa)

Or Cinos, cuz gee, I mean that's never been used before!

Anyway... so I'm making a vectorman fangame, and there is all this extra stuff around the edge of the screen that I don't want to be there. I want it to be just like when you boot up a sonic worlds game. Can someone give me some help? The picture is big, so don't press the tab if you don't want to.

Thanks.

XLHUPyV.png

Also, I want it to appear bigger. That vectorman sprite is way bigger than the sonic one I'm using.

If it's spelled slightly differently like the way you did ZigZaX then it could be a clever in-joke while not just completely ripping the original spelling and still have some originality to it.

Actually change my mind, it's just blatantly the same old recolour joke.

A guy at college suggested me to name hin Gareen

btw, cinos? cinos the artificial hedgehog made in Dr.eggman's super secret underwhater volcano lab. IN SAPCE!

This is why i love the sonic fan comunity.

Btw, that's zero, cinos is sonic's long-lost cousin or something. I don't know if he can also turn into jessus the hedgehog using the seven majic tampons though.

Btw, gareen is a pretty cool name. I guess that means there will be more hedgehogs with names based off-of colors?

Some of you might have seen this already,it's the intro for my fangame.

Now, can anyone tell me how to make a fading in and out effect on the comic panels?

btw, your game is looking pretty good lake! Gareen sounds like a good name for the character.

I've never used Reaper before. How easy is it for say someone who is relatively inexperienced musically outside of using Ableton. Also is it great for mixing? Ableton I am kinda learning a few ropes finally I guess but I find mixing in it to be a little difficult - some stuff usually comes out muddy and not 'full enough' for my liking which again probably falls down to experience.

And one last question can I use my computer keyboard to play the vsts I have?

Just wondering if Reaper would be something I should migrate to.

If you're wanting to go legit in terms of DAWs then I really can't recommend reaper enough. I also used to use Ableton but heard good things about reaper as well as realising how cheap it is for a personal license.

Reaper is as good as logic/sonar/cubase/pro tools for mixing. The DAWs themselves have no effect on the sound quality as far as I know, you could make just as good a mix in Ableton as you could in Cubase - it all comes down to interface really. There are differences between the DAWs but as far as mixing multiple waveforms they're all as capable as each other.

Reaper has a free trial, give it a whirl and see how you get on. The community is also ridiculously helpful.

Also, last I heard, KgZ converted to the cult of reaper.

I made some small changes to Green Gate Zone's background, the foreground is still intact.

captureature.PNG

i'm still not sure if i made the right choices, your opinion guys?

EDIT: Also, after moving a while to the right, the background pieces randomly flip out, what causes that? Just in case you don't know, i'm using Worlds 0.5

Some of you might have seen this already,it's the intro for my fangame.

Now, can anyone tell me how to make a fading in and out effect on the comic panels?

btw, your game is looking pretty good lake! Gareen sounds like a good name for the character.

Click on the object. This will bring up it's options in the left pane.

Make sure you're in the Display Options tab.

Scroll down to Transitions.

Set Fade In and Fade Out to whatever you wish, though I recommend Fade, From / to: Background within 34ms... For both Fade In and Fade Out.

EDIT: It looks bad, making all that stuff pop off the screen, but I know I'm not the only one who skims things.

EDIT2: Oops again. I forgot to mention that this only works when creating and destroying objects, but it's a lot easier than creating completely separate animations just for fading things in and out.

Click on the object. This will bring up it's options in the left pane.

Make sure you're in the Display Options tab.

Scroll down to Transitions.

Set Fade In and Fade Out to whatever you wish, though I recommend Fade, From / to: Background within 34ms... For both Fade In and Fade Out.

EDIT: It looks bad, making all that stuff pop off the screen, but I know I'm not the only one who skims things.

EDIT2: Oops again. I forgot to mention that this only works when creating and destroying objects, but it's a lot easier than creating completely separate animations just for fading things in and out.

It works, thank you a lot, i've been looking for a solution for quite a while.

EDIT: i've changed the intro a lot, the only similar thing aside from the story, is the music.

Off-topic EDIT: I'm glad this forum is more alive that when i first joined.

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/a7Kr52J.png[/qimg]

Not sure how I feel about the title screen.. The background is kinda a placeholder for the demo. Any suggestions?..

It looks nice, but I can't tell if the pixelation on Sonic is intentional. The pixellated outline tells me it could be, but I still almost wanna' say that you should try to find (or create) a higher resolution version of that render.

It looks nice, but I can't tell if the pixelation on Sonic is intentional. The pixellated outline tells me it could be, but I still almost wanna' say that you should try to find (or create) a higher resolution version of that render.

I'm not sure if I'm trying to make it pixelized or not, but it was what I was provided with from Delta. :b

I'll look around for higher res pixel art.