A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Actually, now that I look at it, I'm getting vibes from Shadow the Hedgehog as well. (That one level where you're in the computer with Espio. Not the level with Vector. I still get shudders every time I hear "Find the computer room")

Sprite-mixing, that's what. Add some sonic-styled shading to that Waddle-Dee and it'll be genius!

EDIT: I found the sprite you used, I'll see if I can do it sometime if you want.

Yeah, i was just testing some badnik coding, i got lazy and used a Waddle-Dee.

Don't worry it was just me fooling around with worlds, nothing serious here :P

EDIT: Actually, another project i might be working on involves Kirby in a heavy way, if you can, try giving it some sonic-styled shading.

Look at my fancy new tile screen, (that scrolls!) isn't it amazing? Took me like, 4 hours of straight sprite ripping (because I don't have internet at home). Here is a disclaimer I made in about 30 minutes, (yay copy/paste) not sure if it is wordy enough...

M4BIkef.png

Speaking of sprite ripping... You know the little speed booster thing in stardust speedway? Could somebody please rip that (and it's animations) and PM me it or something? I swear, I cannot find them anywhere on the internet...

Edit: Well... I just read the rules because I was bored and decided I should just in case I'm doing anything wrong, and I found out asking for sprites is frowned upon. Well. I don't have internet at my moms, and when I want it, I have to travel out to McDonalds and do everything I can in a short amount of time. I can guarantee that I would find the sprite myself (it would take some time) if I had internet. So please don't get all mad at me, I'm sure most of you would be I a similar situation if you didn't have internet at your mom's, and only had it at McDonalds and at your dad's who you only get to see twice a month for two days. Thanks!

Screen shots from the Comatose engine I've been working on. Everything is pink squares and trigger boxes till I settle on a visual style that works well.

[qimg]http://imageshack.us/a/img838/3708/bandicam201303271329163.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://imageshack.us/a/img443/8008/bandicam201303271329237.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://imageshack.us/a/img822/4813/bandicam201303271329320.png[/qimg]

Sweet jesus, that's so freaking awesome, i wish i could do an engine myself but i'm still sorta new in this kind of business :P

Thx ^^ yes.. i think this too. i like your game too, i hope you release a demo soon, good luck in progress :D

thanks pal, apreciated! I think i might release a 1 zone demo at SAGE,but maybe it's not a good idea,haha.

Edit: Oops, double post.

Got some designs for the neon signs that will decorate the background of Sapphire City Zone.

signsmc.png

No, it's not a mistake that the sign reads SAGE '98. It's meant to be a joke on naming things with the year number after it. (Yes, I know that SAGE didn't start until 2000.)

The SAGE sign uses a rotating pallet, the SFGHQ sign flashes the outlines and the inner areas of the logo, and the Genesis sign is WIP.

Also with the Genesis sign, which do you like better? I personally like the top one better, but the bottom sign was the original one.

Got some designs for the neon signs that will decorate the background of Sapphire City Zone.

[qimg]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5254/signsmc.png[/qimg]

No, it's not a mistake that the sign reads SAGE '98. It's meant to be a joke on naming things with the year number after it. (Yes, I know that SAGE didn't start until 2000.)

The SAGE sign uses a rotating pallet, the SFGHQ sign flashes the outlines and the inner areas of the logo, and the Genesis sign is WIP.

Also with the Genesis sign, which do you like better? I personally like the top one better, but the bottom sign was the original one.

Top one, totally.

[qimg]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5254/signsmc.png[/qimg]

I can't really decide which genesis sign I like better. But, I did "rip" them from the image, and I made a little sprite animation of it blinking back and forth and it looks cool to me. It might not look cool to other people, because I'm colorblind, and all colors are very awkward to me, and I have no sense of colorschemes or matching colors.

Well at the moment, I'm currently using the Purple version for the lit up sign and the darker blue for when it's unlit. (The other colors were replaced with colors that matched the feeling that the sign was "off".)

Oh okay, I see what you mean. All this color stuff is just confusing to me... I'm honestly surprised I'm pretty decent at spiriting. Speaking of which... I started making a new Sonic sprite today, and I'm not sure if I should finish it and make a sheet or not yet. (and use it in my game)

7YBkvBp.png

Tell me what you think