A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

After this game, will we have Sonic after the Beginning and Sonic from the Beginning; Aftermath?

Haha, it's funny you mention that, i actually got kinda inspired by LakeFeperd and planned to call it "Sonic Before The Beginning" but it doesn't really make sense this game "is" the beginning (and it would sound like i'm doing a BTS clone.)

It takes place before Sonic 1, so i don't know if i'm ripping off a future LakeFeperd idea :P

Hello People. I'm new to this whole game making thing, unless you count Scratch. Anyway, I've been a Sonic fan since I was able to hold a controller. No seriously. My mom has pictures of me when I was like, almost two, holding a Genesis controller, on my cousin's lap trying to get me to play Sonic in some of the pictures, Mario in the other. People are always getting on to me when I tell them that Sonic is better than Mario, saying that I would like Mario better if I had played a Mario game first. Well, I did. In fact, I have much more pictures of me playing Mario then I do Sonic. But still I would reach for the Sonic cartridge, and the Sonic merch. Well, according to my cousin. My first video game console was a Sega Genesis, that I got from my cousin when I was five. You have no idea how exited I was when the only game he gave me was Sonic 2. I played that thing as if I have my whole life... Oh wait. I have. Anyway, that's the story of how Sonic was even introduced to me in the first place.

Speaking of stories, I've always wanted to know what happened before Sonic 1. Well, the perfect opportunity came when I introduced myself to Lake Feperd through You-Tube! I found out about Before the Sequel, Sonic Worlds, MMF2, everything and more. I got the MMF2 Demo, got Sonic Worlds, and learned the heck out of that thing. But... My 30 day demo expired on my birthday! So you can probably guess what I got for my birthday.

Phew, now that I have all of that out of the way, I can tell you about Sonic the Hedgehog -1! This game will feature absolutely no physical encounters with Dr.Robotnik, a return to Little Planet, (the planet you're on the entire time in Sonic CD) and how springs just somehow showed up in random places across the world in which Sonic just happens to come across... Exactly! Sonic makes the gimmicks and gets the idea from Little Planet! I'm not gonna spoil the story anymore. Even though I will accept ideas! Wink wink?

Okay, I'm gonna wrap this thing up now... I found out about these forums yesterday, and not to my surprise, I found another person deeply inspired by Lake Feperd who is also creating a Sonic prequel! At first I was mad, but then I was like, how could you not be inspired by Lake and not want to make a prequel of some sort? I don't remember his forum name, but I looked at some screenshots and it looks pretty cool! Good for you, I'm exited to play it! I think it was called Sonic From the Beginning, which I'm surprised I didn't think of... It took me a while to settle on "-1." At first it was Sonic Prequel to the Sequels Prequel, but I thought it was stupid and kind of directly took from Lake... Then I thought of Sonic Before the Debut, which takes from Lake even more. Then I went back to the first one, calling it Sonic PSP, but that honestly sounds more stupid then Prequel to the Sequels Prequel, and it might give people the wrong idea of what they might actually play the game on... Finally, I settled on the most basic name I could possibly come up with... Super Ultra Potato Salad Fighting F.O.R.C.E. Troop 723,498, Delta Edition 4. Just kidding, Sonic the Hedgehog -1, as you already know... That's about it! Please show me some support, give me some criticism, give me some ideas, and have a nice day!

EDIT: Jassbec is the guy who is making Sonic From the Beginning. One of his posts was like, 4 down from this one.

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/xjjxu7f.png[/qimg]

Tried to mesh all three styles of egg-pod into one. How'd I do?

Absolutely amazing, is the answer to your question, you amazing, unholy being from wherever awesome is created

Aqua Grotto, maybe? Or Gemstone Grotto if you're going for Sonic CD-style names.

(Also, sent you a PM just now. I always find it hard to notice when I have new PMs on SFGHQ, which is why I'm mentioning it here. xD)

Hmm... Screenshot reminds me of mystic cave... Something like Mystic Grotto would be awesome.

Huge wall of text describing my game

Right. The first part of your post should really be in its own topic. No sense in giving only descriptions in a thread that's specifically meant for screenshots. Even if it was to be in its own topic though, you couldn't get by on text alone, you'd still have to provide some screenshots or something.

I understand the desire to post information about your game, but information alone isn't really enough. (Which is why you don't see a topic for my particular project.)

It's really more of an introduction post. We don't have a thread for such things and some forums frown upon making them. So I can see why he posted it here.

In any case posts about how other people post improperly are just as annoying and should be avoided in most cases. I had already fixed his post as best I could and I'm sure he's intelligent enough to get the idea.

He wants to talk about the name of his fan game. Let's talk about it instead of making posts about etiquette we've got enough of them already.

Sonic the Hedgehog -1 interesting. I can't say I'm real sold on the idea though. Another idea might be Sonic Begins which I got from Batman Begins. Batman never had an origin movie before it and Sonic 1 really isn't an origin story either so it works. Alpha Sonic would be a cool name too as one of the definitions of alpha is beginning. Plus Alpha Sonic sounds cool. There is an unreleased pre final version of Sonic 1 that goes by the name Sonic 1 Alpha though. I don't think it rules out that name but it's something to keep in mind.

Anyway I'm glad you've joined us at SFGHQ. You've got a copy of MMF and seem to be learning about Sonic Worlds. So I'd say your on the right track. I look forward to playing whatever you come up with.

I'm sorry about my giant post. It was a little overwhelming because I was at McDonald's because I dont have Internet at my mom's... Trust me, when you don't have Internet, and you have to go to McDonald's to get it for an hour, you would probably do something similar. I didn't post any screenshots last time because my mom was begging to go home... And I can't post any right now because I'm on my iPod on the bus using my friend's wifi hotspot...

I'm sorry about my giant post. It was a little overwhelming because I was at McDonald's because I dont have Internet at my mom's... Trust me, when you don't have Internet, and you have to go to McDonald's to get it for an hour, you would probably do something similar. I didn't post any screenshots last time because my mom was begging to go home... And I can't post any right now because I'm on my iPod on the bus using my friend's wifi hotspot...

Hey bro, it's all good. I was kind of being a dick at the time. I've got something I'm planning on showing soon, though I think it's far from spectacular.

Hey bro, it's all good. I was kind of being a dick at the time. I've got something I'm planning on showing soon, though I think it's far from spectacular.

I wouldn't say that. I just want to see more substantive posts less fluff. To many times I look through the forum and the only new post is a critique of what someone else posted for spam.

What do you have cooking anyway?

I wouldn't say that. I just want to see more substantive posts less fluff. To many times I look through the forum and the only new post is a critique of what someone else posted for spam.

What do you have cooking anyway?

Well I'm trying to add a sort of in-game manual, as in a literal in-game manual with its own cover artwork, information on the pages, and advertisement on the back. I'm having some problems with the coding on it, so I'll post the results once I get it fixed. (Like I said, not terribly interesting, but it's something.)

Woo! My mom had to go to the doctor and they have Wi-Fi! Time for a few screenshots, finally... (I'm very proud of the Parallax)

C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\Sonic -1 loop.PNG

Yay loops, took me a while to figure out. They say Lake has a Worlds guide, I should probably look into it...

C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\Sonic -1 title banner.PNG

Somewhat edited title banner, changed text and colors.

I have some more, but my mom is done... So yea... Have to leave...

(tell me if you can see the pictures because I can't and I have no idea if I did it right...)

You have to upload to an image hosting site like tinypic or imageshack or something before you can link to them here. You're trying to link to the location of the file on your computer which doesn't work.

Edit: Damnit, ninja'd

EDIT: Jassbec is the guy who is making Sonic From the Beginning. One of his posts was like, 4 down from this one.

Wait,so you're making a Sonic 1 prequel like me? Maybe not, i honestly didn't read all of it. But if you are i guess i will proceed to make a Kirby/Sonic fangame called Sonic Super Star :P

I actually plan on doing that someday.

Anyways, good luck.

Wait,so you're making a Sonic 1 prequel like me? Maybe not, i honestly didn't read all of it. But if you are i guess i will proceed to make a Kirby/Sonic fangame called Sonic Super Star :P

I actually plan on doing that someday.

Anyways, good luck.

Oh come on, you don't have to do that. From the screenshots I've seen, it looks pretty awesome. I want you to finish it because I want to play it.

Wow, I feel like an idiot. Out of all of the forums I've been on in my life, (3 excluding this one) this is the only one I've seen where you can't get a picture on by opening it with your browser and pasting the URL it has at the top after you press the add image button...

We run a rather old version of vB, so that kind of function does not exist here. To be honest, I've never seen anything like it ever.

I recommend imgur for your image uploading needs - it's easy to use, and easy to organize.