A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Guest Mr Lange

Yes, these are made from 3d renders. My intention was to create sprites that resemble the originals. It is obvious that they do need to be used to a greater extent. I plan to create a new model that's more flexible and has better proportions for sprites.

Anyone here know how to make a better polished trail effect? All I did right now for a placeholder is circles that gradually fade away.

post-6418-138639765354_thumb.png

You mean like a consistent blue line from Modern games for homing attack or rolling? If that's what you're after, I can give you coding that I used for mine.

Dude, it was removed like... Last year...

I can't exactly remember why it was removed, but it had something to do with people spamming one of the buttons, up or down... Can't remember which, probably both.

Sorry I don't use this forum everyday lol. I swear though, just a few months ago I remember using it..

[qimg]https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ydbup5stlylpfqp/title.png?dl=1[/qimg]

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG -- GAME LAND

Screenshots of gameplay

Sorry, i have problems with upload images there. So i upload link to my Dropbox folder with images.

http://db.tt/VcpDpW5E

Information about the game can be found at http://thevaleev.byethost6.com/

You should just make an individual topic for this instead of here as it'll get lost amongst the other pieces of work that gets posted.

Screenshots on the otherhand do look pretty good and the idea for your game is promising.

You should just make an individual topic for this instead of here as it'll get lost amongst the other pieces of work that gets posted.

Screenshots on the otherhand do look pretty good and the idea for your game is promising.

Thank you very much.

Ok, I am will create a topic when I made new demo of my game.:tgrin:

Got tired of trying to do a trail, so I just went and made an afterimage thingy trial thing instead. (Great vocabulary huh?)

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/XbbE6.png[/qimg]

Any suggestions as to how frequent the images should be shown, transparency, etc.?

Perhaps... If you're going to make the trail a blue hue, you should actually make it all blue... Don't be afraid to alter the flesh-tones to be blue instead of an unsightly green.

I just had a thought. If you are using GM8 you could create a gradient sprite with alpha transparencies that you create instances of and fade out behind Sonic. Here is one such gradient I quick whipped up in PS for you.

SemitransparentGradient.png

Sorry I didn't think of this before when you asked. I forget GM8's ability to work with alpha values in its image editor. GM7 and prior did not have that capability.

Got tired of trying to do a trail, so I just went and made an afterimage thingy trial thing instead. (Great vocabulary huh?)

XbbE6.png

Any suggestions as to how frequent the images should be shown, transparency, etc.?

Afterimage trail be pretty cool!

Btw, I am watched previous posts and want to ask a question to SuperBliz...

You want make a Sonic trail like this?

post-8315-138639765357_thumb.jpg

That would be very nice of you if you could show me how to do that. Looks very polished too. ^^ And it's okay Overbound aha. But Overbound, I'm able to put the trail in, but I'm not sure how to make the trail rotate based on Sonic's vertical movement. Like when he falls off a cliff and is moving forward, the trail's angle is still at 0.

Hate to ask but how'd you get the trail to curve? Are you using particles or a sprite for it?

@SuperBliz: Seeing as you couldn't get my trail to work. What actually happened with my example? Was the trail broken or didn't look good?

You need to calculate the trail's angle based on Player Speed and Gravity. I think you can do that like this:

//creates a new trail and assigns it a handle, so you can use the handle on the most current instance at all times.

_trailHandle = instance_create(global.Player1.x,global.Player1.y,objTrail);

_trailHandle.image_angle = arctan2(global.Player1.Gavity,global.Player1.Speed)*180/PI;

I didn't test this though, and I'm not very good with calculating angles so I make no guarantee this is correct.

Hate to ask but how'd you get the trail to curve? Are you using particles or a sprite for it?

@SuperBliz: Seeing as you couldn't get my trail to work. What actually happened with my example? Was the trail broken or didn't look good?

Yeah well the trail started to split and there were blank spots inside the trail, it looked pretty bad.. I appreciate the fact you tried to help! (:

You need to calculate the trail's angle based on Player Speed and Gravity. I think you can do that like this:

//creates a new trail and assigns it a handle, so you can use the handle on the most current instance at all times.

_trailHandle = instance_create(global.Player1.x,global.Player1.y,objTrail);

_trailHandle.image_angle = arctan2(global.Player1.Gavity,global.Player1.Speed)*180/PI;

I didn't test this though, and I'm not very good with calculating angles so I make no guarantee this is correct.

Yeah no bueno man... I tested this out on the afterimage trail and the image rotates when the player is on the ground and running on a slope, but in midair it still retains its 0 degree angle.