A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Btw, the link in your signature is broken.

Fixed, thanks for letting me know.

EDIT:

I was just saying because were both doing Sonic prequels and I didn't wanna seem like I was copying.

I think it would be better for both of us to stick with different styles, although you can do whatever you want.

I have a noob ish question... How do you change the colors like that? Is there a software where you can select one color and turn it (and all of its same color) into another one?

You can use photoshop. Use the magic wand tool, set the tolerance to 0, then select the color you want and do whatever you want to do with it.

@Sena: Here. (warning: site is a wiki with substantial content - wiki walk beware.)

I don't really think it looks like DSS, though.

@Betaman: Nice BG. The buildings remind me of the Streets of Rage intro.

Ahh. So that's actually a real thing, not just some stupid anti-Sonic thing people made up. Wow~...

And yeah, I've been to tCRF before, but I still went on an hour long Wiki-walk... I'm prone to those.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, that's why some people go batty when I post links to wikis, huh? They don't like me prompting their own walks. Understandable.

Anyhow, the reason my BG looks like Streets of Rage is because it IS Streets of Rage.

The main BG is the backdrop from the SoR title crawl, the star-field is from Stardust Speedway's Good Future and Star Light Zone, and the bottom of the image was part of the Spring Yard Zone's BG spliced with Stardust Speedway Good Future)

O hai

Let me just pop out of nowhere and drop this

I'd like some feedback here. There's nothing special here; not even pixel shaders. Also ignore the bad things in the scenario (such as the horrible sun setting between mountains and the outline problems).

also, should any brazilian be interested in fully Portuguese MonoGame tutorials,

Those loop tracks are awesome Betaman. I had a similar idea for the titlescreen for Time Twisted.

[qimg]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5170721/SonicTimeTwistedTitleSmile.png[/qimg]

Wow his cheeks and arms look weird, but also, wow this title screen looks awesome. :3

O hai

Let me just pop out of nowhere and drop this

I'd like some feedback here. There's nothing special here; not even pixel shaders. Also ignore the bad things in the scenario (such as the horrible sun setting between mountains and the outline problems).

also, should any brazilian be interested in fully Portuguese MonoGame tutorials,

It looks pretty okay, but you need seriously to change those colors, make it brighter.

Also, the sun should not be visible when the sky turns to purple/dark blue (aka night) like it happens around 0:30 in the vid.

Other than that, pretty nice. :3

Now here's some REAAALLY OLD Gameplay footage of Sonic From The Beginning before it became Sonic From The Beginning.

I called it, Sonic UC. The video's description can explain some things.

I didn't know many things about level design,game art, parallaxes, etc.

You can consider it my first real try on making a fangame, and god, i am ashamed of it; but i guess it's not so bad for a guy who just got Multimedia Fusion 2 in his hands.

You are free to call it crap, i don't care about it anymore.

It eventually evolved into Sonic From The Beginning, so trivia time i guess?

Wowww... I'm pretty mad here... I had my first level 100% done, but my mom took my laptop away Monday, (because I have a b in math currently) and during that rime my laptop died... lost all of the level I had worked on... Luckily, 1st half of 2nd semester ended today, so all my grades reset to 100s! Woo! Just thought I'd post what I have of my first level, and get some feedback. You can see most of it, there is a giant wall you cannot see. Just keep in mind that it's not finished, and you can't see some small things, not all of the details, and some of those are collapsing platforms, tunnels, etc...

CYxEIlw.png

Just gimme some feedback, and be as mean as you want. Just keep in mind this is my first ever level, and I have never seen Lake's guide that everyone says is so good. (and it's on his signature...) Sorry the pic is a little long...

Wowww... I'm pretty mad here... I had my first level 100% done, but my mom took my laptop away Monday, (because I have a b in math currently) and during that rime my laptop died... lost all of the level I had worked on... Luckily, 1st half of 2nd semester ended today, so all my grades reset to 100s! Woo! Just thought I'd post what I have of my first level, and get some feedback. You can see most of it, there is a giant wall you cannot see. Just keep in mind that it's not finished, and you can't see some small things, not all of the details, and some of those are collapsing platforms, tunnels, etc...

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/CYxEIlw.png[/qimg]

Just gimme some feedback, and be as mean as you want. Just keep in mind this is my first ever level, and I have never seen Lake's guide that everyone says is so good. (and it's on his signature...) Sorry the pic is a little long...

I can't grasp the true form of that level.

In all seriousness how do you access the upper and right part?

EDIT: Math can be quite annoying, am i right?

that map is really short and there's not a whole lot to it. It's cool you are learning but you should consider looking at some real sonic maps they are far more complex. There are some on Retro to get you started.

like I said, not full length, or height. I've looked at plenty of Sonic level designs, and before, I had all of it, but I worked for such a long time without saving it, I lost it. this is probably about 1/6 of the whole level. But luckily, when my mom took my laptop away, I drew every single bit of it on paper. Used about 32 pieces of copy paper. It looks pretty awesome when you lay it all out.

... But luckily, when my mom took my laptop away, I drew every single bit of it on paper. Used about 32 pieces of copy paper. It looks pretty awesome when you lay it all out.

Drawing it out on paper is certainly an interesting way of designing a level, especially for a fan game! Props to you for that!

...Just thought I'd post what I have of my first level, and get some feedback. You can see most of it, there is a giant wall you cannot see. Just keep in mind that it's not finished, and you can't see some small things, not all of the details, and some of those are collapsing platforms, tunnels, etc...

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/CYxEIlw.png[/qimg]

The main thing that bugs me right now is that it's been shrunken down, I don't know if that was intentional or not but it kinda bugs me... Think of it like this, since we can't see the small things, we can't understand the true and full design of the level. It's the little things that make a level good.

Also just running through it quickly, I see (or at least think) that there should be more multiple paths to get to the exit. I think there should be a lower path that is slower then the main and the upper. It would add to the level a bit more.

Drawing it out on paper is certainly an interesting way of designing a level, especially for a fan game! Props to you for that!

The main thing that bugs me right now is that it's been shrunken down, I don't know if that was intentional or not but it kinda bugs me... Think of it like this, since we can't see the small things, we can't understand the true and full design of the level. It's the little things that make a level good.

Also just running through it quickly, I see (or at least think) that there should be more multiple paths to get to the exit. I think there should be a lower path that is slower then the main and the upper. It would add to the level a bit more.

Thanks for the feedback. The only reason why it is so far/small/whatever looking is because I only had a very small amount of the level, so I decided to take a screenshot of the entire thing.