A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Say, that's rather nifty! I'm tryin' to come up with a design right now: I almost wanted to go for a dragon-esque design, but I keep trying to push that mental image away in favor for a more unorthodox design; I kinda' want to incorporate Final Zone's pistons into it. But I'll see. :P

Ha, that'd be pretty cool! Scrap Brain elements would be a good touch. Of course, the actual 'attack' methods on my image were never really put on (too lazy to actually design the fight too). Could prolly shove some pistons on the bottom somewhere!

And yeah, dunno about a dragon. Depends how you pulled it off. When I try to design a 'Classic Sonic' style boss, I try to stick to the more... 'Industrial' looking robots, since they generally have that look in those games (apart from things like both bosses from Sandopolis... some stray from the standard).

BUT HEY, it's a prequel! ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN!!

GODAMMIT, I left to quickly make something and when I come back, it turns out you have already put in for the job.

Oh well, have my... 'quick' concept image anyway... don't want it to go to waste...: http://i.imgur.com/0VTEcg9.png

Rock on PAINT SKILLZ. I can't do pixel art so I just did the concept... and based it heavily on the original design (SEE, IT EVEN HAS A HALO LOOKING BIT).

Oh. And I made it a bit too big.

(inb4 warned for messing up thread)

That's a really good take on the boss concept, but i don't understand what would be its attack patterns. Still, really good job :D

Say, that's rather nifty! I'm tryin' to come up with a design right now: I almost wanted to go for a dragon-esque design, but I keep trying to push that mental image away in favor for a more unorthodox design; I kinda' want to incorporate Final Zone's pistons into it. But I'll see. :P

I'll start posting my stuff in my own topic to prevent this conceptual flood from furthering. :B

Can't wait to see what you've came up with!

EDIT: you can both work on concepts if you like, i mean, the more people the better!

That's a really good take on the boss concept, but i don't understand what would be its attack patterns. Still, really good job :D

Ha, yes, like I said, I didn't really add any 'weapons' to it. I guess it could shoot a laser from the red part underneath, prolly place some other guns on it or something (lots of space on the body still).

And I had the vision of it flying off screen then coming in from the side as a different side-on view of it instead, where it uses a different attack (rockets or something?).

...hm... then using Gecko's idea of pistons, one phase of its attacks could be using them to launch you in to something? As in, the pistons come out of the ground for some reason (I dunno... trying to throw you in to stuff... or they have spikes on them...) but you have to take advantage of it and have it launch you towards the head bit so you can hit it!

WHATEVERMAN, I'm gonna abandon this thread before people rage at us.

*patiently waits for Gecko's thread to appear...*

EDIT: And cool! I'll start coming up with stuff after the 24th of May, probably (maybe some before then)... It's exam period at Uni! WHAT FUN.

Will do Jass...oh crap, I'm posting again.

...hm... then using Gecko's idea of pistons, one phase of its attacks could be using them to launch you in to something? As in, the pistons come out of the ground for some reason (I dunno... trying to throw you in to stuff... or they have spikes on them...) but you have to take advantage of it and have it launch you towards the head bit so you can hit it!

*writes this down for later*

*patiently waits for Gecko's thread to appear...*

Haha, that'll likely be tomorrow hopefully. I'm working on Caliente Carnival's badniks right now (and also experimenting with the level's aesthetic look too; I'd dig a Yellow Desert Zone remix with the way I'm imagining it!), and havin' a bit of challenging fun with it. You guys shan't be disappointed, trust me.

Jassbec,I'm not really feeling your backstory at all,but about Scrap Skies,you could be more clever about it and call it "Sky Brain",this way,it's only "Scrap Brain" after it's.."scrapped",giddit?

Not to mention Sky Brain sounds cooler and is easier to relate to Scrap Brain.

Jassbec,I'm not really feeling your backstory at all,but about Scrap Skies,you could be more clever about it and call it "Sky Brain",this way,it's only "Scrap Brain" after it's.."scrapped",giddit?

Not to mention Sky Brain sounds cooler and is easier to relate to Scrap Brain.

What do you mean by not feeling the story?

And if you didn't notice, i'm doing alliterative names, that means both words in the zone's name have to start with the same letter, i've already thought of "Sky Brain" but since it's not alliterative... Yeah.

You guys should probably make a thread instead of flooding the screenshot thread. To me, it looks sort of like a concept storm, but mostly feels like an IM.

Don't worry, we are making a thread. this kinda went out of control.

Ok, as some of you may know, i dont have internet at home, and im using the math computer, so i didnt have much time to read this interesting mumbo jumbo going on. but the part i did read... egmman has the 7th emerald at first, right? This would explain why there is 6 in sonic 1? from what i understand, sonic becomes aware of the emeralds in sonic one, and in the 2011 edition of BTS, the first cutscene shows the seventh emerald in the hilltop heights zone. and at the end of sonic 1, it shows eggman with the remaining emeralds if you do not get them all, and if eggman had the last one, it should show eggman with one more than the ones you didnt get. at least thats what i got from the small amount of this I read... I dont know if the converstion evolved to correct this... correct me if i am wrong. In my game, sonic is unaware of the emeralds existance, but eggman is, so that is how the last scene goes and sonic figures out they exist and we leave of at ghz on south island... i have to leave.

I believe the final concept came down to:

Robotnik has just found an emerald and discovered its power and is out looking for more. Sonic finds some on his travels, final battle etc: BUT Robotnik KEEPS that 7th Emerald (it goes down with him in the final battle). Supposedly, Sonic loses the Emeralds he has gained in some way or another (irrelevant at this point in the conceptual stage).

Sonic is still oblivious to their power but he has met Robotnik and is aware that he can use the Emeralds, setting the scene for Sonic 1 where he is trying to get them to make sure Robotnik doesn't.

Basically:

START: Robotnik KNOWS of the power of the emeralds but not how to utilise them. Sonic doesn't know what they are.

END: Robotnik now knows how to use them (See: Final Boss) and that there are more out there, and he wants them all. Sonic has now learnt how dangerous they can be and wants to stop Robotnik from getting them, setting the way for Sonic 1.

BUT THIS IS UNRELATED TO TOPIC SO KTHXBI

EDIT:

Something i made out of boredom...

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/F2FQUDL.png[/qimg]

Its a Wip still.

Its for a other fangame i will do.

That is pretty badass.

Basically:

START: Robotnik KNOWS of the power of the emeralds but not how to utilise them. Sonic doesn't know what they are.

END: Robotnik now knows how to use them (See: Final Boss) and that there are more out there, and he wants them all. Sonic has now learnt how dangerous they can be and wants to stop Robotnik from getting them, setting the way for Sonic 1.

BUT THIS IS UNRELATED TO TOPIC

Exactly

Two bucks says that's for some sort of fan made, 2D, sonic generations style game that only has either modern or classic sonic in it. It's just an elaborate guess because I want it to happen.

Here's something for jassbec... That emerald thing, just an idea you probably won't use, but it could be a very dark purple emerald, and it could be like, the opposite of the master emerald. Instead of unifying the chaos and controlling it, it could be the emerald which disrupts the chaos, but has a conscious being inside of it, sort of like chaos, but different.

Two bucks says that's for some sort of fan made, 2D, sonic generations style game that only has either modern or classic sonic in it. It's just an elaborate guess because I want it to happen.

Here's something for jassbec... That emerald thing, just an idea you probably won't use, but it could be a very dark purple emerald, and it could be like, the opposite of the master emerald. Instead of unifying the chaos and controlling it, it could be the emerald which disrupts the chaos, but has a conscious being inside of it, sort of like chaos, but different.

I ended up changing the Emerald monster into a robot by Eggman.

Also Jassbec, PM'd.

As much as I'd love to share whatever I've done with my own project, I can't really do much considering my engine choices consist of mainly Construct Classic, which currently has few choices for Sonic engines, and Game Maker to a lower extent. All I can do right now is make mockups and the like, as well as work on art stuff. And since finals are gettin' in the way of thaaaat...:B

Hence why I'm lending my talents to other projects at the moment.

Just to see if anyone approves at all, I'm going to kinda explain the very first part of the story for my sonic prequel. I'm not going to explain the rest because I haven't made anything final yet. So, the first level is never lake act 1, (which may involve some gravity changing if i can figure it out [thanks to zigzax for the idea]) which features the parallax of my title screen, to give you an idea of what it will look like. (Little planet will appear to be smaller) Then, at the end of the act you climb up a very large mountain, which at the very top will be the goal post, (of course) which will be on one of stardust highways (speedway) platforms, and will have a little but of stardust highways parallax at the very top.

Then is stardust highway act one, and when you finish that, sonic realizes that little planet is disappearing, and act two is a race to the finish kind of thing that will have a time limit. Act two finishes, and you start off in never lake act two, which starts off at the top of a mountain. When you finish that, you start at sylvania castle. (Yes, the level from sonic 4, I like sonic 4.) sylvania castle will appear to be more "new," and feature similar level tiles, and level design/gimmicks/etc. at the end of act two, there will be a boss fight with the guard of the next act, which does not have a name yet. The boss will probably resemble a large version of a sonic 1 badnik, like crabmeat. Anyway... I need help with the fourth stages name. It will be slightly reminiscent of metallic madness/scrap brain/flying battery/chemical plant, those kind of stages. (Notice how I said reminiscent, which means the way the level plays, and not so much looks as of right now) it wil be like an assembly line for badniks, and will have a bunch of the capsules you find at the end of a boss level in the genesis games, that release, like 4 badniks or so, like in FBZ. I have a few names so far. Something with alliteration, like badnik blitz, (which I think jassbec has something like that, if not, exactly like that) or badnik bonanza, (sounds kinda stupid) or capsule catastrophe. If not, something like badnik factory. PLEASE help me come up with a name.

Anyway... The boss for the zone will be almost just like FBZ's miniboss, but will be mobile... somehow... When the boss is defeated, it's explosions will make the floor collapse, and sonic, like a retard, (jk, the programming will make Him do it) jumps into the hole, which presses the button of A HUGE capsule, which releases a bunch of small ones that fly, (like the first one in sonic 3) which explode all over mobius/earth/whatever/who cares, and introduce badniks to the world.

I'm not going to explain anymore, but I do have some of the story after this that is final, but it explains how in the world springs got all over the place. So... Please give me some feedback of any kind, and name suggestions for the badnik factory thingy.

Just to see if anyone approves at all, I'm going to kinda explain the very first part of the story for my sonic prequel. I'm not going to explain the rest because I haven't made anything final yet. So, the first level is never lake act 1, (which may involve some gravity changing if i can figure it out [thanks to zigzax for the idea]) which features the parallax of my title screen, to give you an idea of what it will look like. (Little planet will appear to be smaller) Then, at the end of the act you climb up a very large mountain, which at the very top will be the goal post, (of course) which will be on one of stardust highways (speedway) platforms, and will have a little but of stardust highways parallax at the very top.

Then is stardust highway act one, and when you finish that, sonic realizes that little planet is disappearing, and act two is a race to the finish kind of thing that will have a time limit. Act two finishes, and you start off in never lake act two, which starts off at the top of a mountain. When you finish that, you start at sylvania castle. (Yes, the level from sonic 4, I like sonic 4.) sylvania castle will appear to be more "new," and feature similar level tiles, and level design/gimmicks/etc. at the end of act two, there will be a boss fight with the guard of the next act, which does not have a name yet. The boss will probably resemble a large version of a sonic 1 badnik, like crabmeat. Anyway... I need help with the fourth stages name. It will be slightly reminiscent of metallic madness/scrap brain/flying battery/chemical plant, those kind of stages. (Notice how I said reminiscent, which means the way the level plays, and not so much looks as of right now) it wil be like an assembly line for badniks, and will have a bunch of the capsules you find at the end of a boss level in the genesis games, that release, like 4 badniks or so, like in FBZ. I have a few names so far. Something with alliteration, like badnik blitz, (which I think jassbec has something like that, if not, exactly like that) or badnik bonanza, (sounds kinda stupid) or capsule catastrophe. If not, something like badnik factory. PLEASE help me come up with a name.

Anyway... The boss for the zone will be almost just like FBZ's miniboss, but will be mobile... somehow... When the boss is defeated, it's explosions will make the floor collapse, and sonic, like a retard, (jk, the programming will make Him do it) jumps into the hole, which presses the button of A HUGE capsule, which releases a bunch of small ones that fly, (like the first one in sonic 3) which explode all over mobius/earth/whatever/who cares, and introduce badniks to the world.

I'm not going to explain anymore, but I do have some of the story after this that is final, but it explains how in the world springs got all over the place. So... Please give me some feedback of any kind, and name suggestions for the badnik factory thingy.

Not bad at all, but i'm giving you my opinion.

First of all, why Sylvania Castle? That place is located in North Island, not Never Lake. if i remember correctly, Little Planet appears once a year near Never Lake, Sonic 4 Episode 2's little planet gets capture BEFORE reaching Never Lake. That's why Little Planet is not in Never Lake in S4E2, and it's intead in North Island.

I don't really get why you chose to make the story around Little Planet, it's a little weird,but i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and guess you're planning something clever.

Yeah, i have Botanik Badnik Zone, but it's like a Forest/Mechanical level inspired by Planet Wisp,it's an animal keeping facility.

Interesting way to indroduce the badniks, but it sounds to sudden.

I don't bother explaining things like Rings and Springs because they're pretty much gameplay elements and you can say "sonic logic" to explain them.

Anyways,your story is good, it just needs some polishing.

Not bad at all, but i'm giving you my opinion.

First of all, why Sylvania Castle? That place is located in North Island, not Never Lake. if i remember correctly, Little Planet appears once a year near Never Lake, Sonic 4 Episode 2's little planet gets capture BEFORE reaching Never Lake. That's why Little Planet is not in Never Lake in S4E2, and it's intead in North Island.

I don't really get why you chose to make the story around Little Planet, it's a little weird,but i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and guess you're planning something clever.

Yeah, i have Botanik Badnik Zone, but it's like a Forest/Mechanical level inspired by Planet Wisp,it's an animal keeping facility.

Interesting way to indroduce the badniks, but it sounds to sudden.

I don't bother explaining things like Rings and Springs because they're pretty much gameplay elements and you can say "sonic logic" to explain them.

Anyways,your story is good, it just needs some polishing.

Hey man, thanks for the advice. I didn't know about the sonic 4 being on north island thing and the capturitating of the little planet and the stuffs. I'll have to scrap the sylvania castle tiles I started. The story doesnt really revolve around little planet, its just in the begining to explain why sonic knows about little planet. I may implement the time stones somehow. I think i have decided on Badnik Base for the name of the badnik factory thing

EDIT: I forgot to mention the thing about the springs. I think I may just cut that out of the storyline, the way I have it just seems too complicated and unnecessary. But do you think I should try to explain monitors? Those seem a little too out of the ordinary to just be there. I'm leaning towards taking it out for the same reasons as the springs, they just be part of the sonic logic. Cuz c'mon, we practically idolize a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog that can run faster than the speed of sound who defeats a diabolical obese man that captures woodland creatures to power robots that resemble other animals to create an army to build a place called robotropolis by repeatedly jumping on him while curled up into a ball. (Did you get the YouTube reference?)