A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic The Hedgehog: Mecha Madness [Progress test]

Yes I am. It will make the proportioning and perspective easier on me.

This may be the first time to see the 3D active object in a Sonic Fan game, as far as I know. I hope it can actually be done though because I don't know a thing about it.

And in response of the model... BAAAAAH!

No no. I'm not using the 3D active. I'm going to animate the models in 3D, then take those animations and sprite over the frames.

Somewhat like the Donkey Kong Country effect, am I right? That alone sounds like a big job on it's own.

It does sound like alot of work to do models, rig them and turn them into sprites. Still, the end result are sprites that are consistent, fluent, and re-sizable... so if he can do, I would say it was worth it.

I can't wait to see the result in action, it will be a very unique style for Sonic fangames.

It does sound like alot of work to do models, rig them and turn them into sprites. Still, the end result are sprites that are consistent, fluent, and re-sizable... so if he can do, I would say it was worth it.

I can't wait to see the result in action, it will be a very unique style for Sonic fangames.

Its sounds like alot of work. But it's actually not. In fact, its smarter and ALOT faster to sprite over the frames, as apposed to having to make them from scratch. Plus, his animations will be more fluid (considering if the model had fluid animations).

No no. I'm not using the 3D active. I'm going to animate the models in 3D, then take those animations and sprite over the frames.

That's a great idea.

I'm trying to do that with some 3D models in some DS games as a personal project.

I don't mind much the game won't be at SAGE. It'll be for the best, right?

• 3 months later...