A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic The Hedgehog: Mecha Madness [Progress test]

http://www.filedropper.com/mechamadnessbaseengine

Sonic's neutral special attacks are ALMOST complete. Pretty much 90%. His side specials both are the Blitz Attack. The more you charge it, the further you go. His up special is the drill lift. His down special is Sonic Wind. Sonic wind on the ground works like a spindash where you rev it. When you are no longer holding down, he shoots it forward and flies back.

The FIRE SHIELD has been programmed. It's pretty much done. Sonic's special moveset changes COMPLETELY. It might seem pretty familiar to you, actually. There are 4 different special moves. The up, down, sides and neutral. Try 'em out. I'm making the moves have both combat capabilities as well as movement. This will help out in platforming. You'll have to time specific moves in order to get places... As well as use some moves to open up new paths and defeat certain enemies.

I'm loving your idea for the shields.

It's amazing how, when something happens to our projects and when we get back on our feet, the result is even better than how it was before.

Sonic's neutral special attacks are ALMOST complete. Pretty much 90%. His side specials both are the Blitz Attack. The more you charge it, the further you go. His up special is the drill lift. His down special is Sonic Wind. Sonic wind on the ground works like a spindash where you rev it. When you are no longer holding down, he shoots it forward and flies back.

The FIRE SHIELD has been programmed. It's pretty much done. Sonic's special moveset changes COMPLETELY. It might seem pretty familiar to you, actually. There are 4 different special moves. The up, down, sides and neutral. Try 'em out. I'm making the moves have both combat capabilities as well as movement. This will help out in platforming. You'll have to time specific moves in order to get places... As well as use some moves to open up new paths and defeat certain enemies.

Sry but the link doesn't work :(, it keeps saying "The Webpage cannot be found" and I even tryed save target as, and then a message box with the red circled X pops up to say "Internet Explorer cannot download mechamadnessbaseengine from www.filedropper.com" and then at bottom of message box "Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later". Do you use any other file servers? Try posting the link again (or you can try another file server if you feel it wont work again :P) and see if it works.

P.S. I like your sketch of Platinum Sonic, very cool XD

Edit:Btw I heard that your file messed up earlier, I'm glad Mecha Madness it's back though :)

Edit2: Ok I downloaded and installed Firefox and the link works fine, my apologies, I guess Internet Explorer just ain't as good as it used to be lol.

@ShadowMasterX5: File works for me (Streak, I'll try it out when it finishes dloading), so I think I know which is the problem here...

the red circled X pops up to say "Internet Explorer cannot download...

Get Firefox, Opera, Chrome, anything that's decent and try again. I use FF3.0.10

@ShadowMasterX5: File works for me (Streak, I'll try it out when it finishes dloading), so I think I know which is the problem here...

Get Firefox, Opera, Chrome, anything that's decent and try again. I use FF3.0.10

I just tried the link and I'm using fire fox... for some reason it doesn't work for me either

Well I tryed the Engine Streak, so heres my critics/comments:

Comments

1. Very good Special moves for the Fire Shield and normal Sonic.

2. Nice job on file size, 11 megs is not bad :).

3. I like that shield art for the Fire Shield moves

Critics

1. Red Sonic for the Fire Shield o.O? Idk about that, are you planning on changing Sonic's color depending on the shield he equips? For example the Earth Shield would mean he's either gray or brown, I don't think that'll look good cause I'm not liking red right now >_>. Try maybe changing the color of his shoes for each shield, Sonic doesn't have armor like Megaman X =P.

2. You think you could put a killable enemy next time? Cause it makes the engine test a little boring >_<.

P.S. I hope I didn't piss you off with that :(, you don't have to, cause it's not that bad, plus your engine was mostly ok.

It's ok if you wanna keep Sonic changing colors, I was only stating my opinion :P. Also, sorry if I didn't phrase the thing about no enemies correctly, I was trying to say that if the engine has smash moves like SSBB, it almost made the engine test pointless without at least 1 enemy to test them on and send it flying (laughing my ass off :D). But hey, it's whenever you feel like putting 1 in, and no need to rush since that was only a small critic anyway (even if was a big critic, take your time XD). I do wish you luck for SAGE :), hows Hydrocity Zone anyway?

try not to overboard on attacks and stuff this time. the previous engine tests before the corruption I showed to my friends only elicited comments towards being perfectly and utterly confusing. I had to agree, considering you were trying to do way too much at once to begin with.

I don't care so much about the size, even GBA roms use to be over 7MB. The engine is really perfect, that blue enemy is creepy and my suggestion is to set the Tails jump sound volume according the distance between him and Sonic, because, I listen tails jump sound outside of the view.

This is just a suggestion :P.

I can really see this game becoming popular. I've tried the older engine betas, and they were lightweight, and contained some pretty awesome ideas. Too bad my PC lagged while playing it. =/

• 3 weeks later...

MASSIVE GIGANTIC UPDATE.

I've decided to change up the leveling system. It was clunky and not too focused. Now, when you defeat an enemy or do special things in-game you gain experience. This experience goes to your level. Once you reach a certain number of experience you level up. It's all very RPG style. You have base stats and a whole slew of other stats that help or hinder your performance. I'll let it speak for itself. Pressing space adds 1000 exp to your counter. Try not to abuse it if you're not seeing anything happening. I haven't programmed the level up jingle yet. You WILL see a level up indication to the left showing you the stat increases. I also laid out the base stats so you can see how you're doing. Pressing "I" while having the fire shield equipped raises it's energy level. Using fire moves depletes the energy shield so in-game you wont be able to abuse the moves too much.

Super Sonic gets a hefty attack boost =-D

There's gonna be another little super surprise in the game too. I don't wanna reveal it though.

MASSIVE GIGANTIC UPDATE.

I've decided to change up the leveling system. It was clunky and not too focused. Now, when you defeat an enemy or do special things in-game you gain experience. This experience goes to your level. Once you reach a certain number of experience you level up. It's all very RPG style. You have base stats and a whole slew of other stats that help or hinder your performance. I'll let it speak for itself. Pressing space adds 1000 exp to your counter. Try not to abuse it if you're not seeing anything happening. I haven't programmed the level up jingle yet. You WILL see a level up indication to the left showing you the stat increases. I also laid out the base stats so you can see how you're doing. Pressing "I" while having the fire shield equipped raises it's energy level. Using fire moves depletes the energy shield so in-game you wont be able to abuse the moves too much.

Super Sonic gets a hefty attack boost =-D

There's gonna be another little super surprise in the game too. I don't wanna reveal it though.

MAN, oh man.. and i'am speechless again:ssmile: I really enjoyed the little test demo. I think a full game with this and more! Is going to be amezing. The gameplay is really fine:ssmile: The shields and defend are cool to:P.. The only thing i can recommend you is to make the dcc (deaccelerate) a bit faster. :ssmile:

Bunch of stuff

Damn dude, you sure know how to make someone's mouth drool. Just like Pavlov... :P

Sweet, WINE runs slow on my current computer, so I'll test drive this on another comp running XP later and I'll fill ya' in with a better/more detail opinion of it all. It sounds wicked though. Glad to see you haven't let circumstances slow you down man, keep it up.

EDIT : Just finished playing with it. I like the concept of it all, can't wait to see what it feels like in game; it's really innovative. Couple of side notes, I ain't too familiar with the controls, would have appreciated a little blurb about all before hand. Secondly, I found this glitch while you hold down or down and do a simple attack combo on a target. Doesn't happen all of the time, but some times you get stuck. Forever. Anyways, I love where this is going.

Damn dude, you sure know how to make someone's mouth drool. Just like Pavlov... :P

Sweet, WINE runs slow on my current computer, so I'll test drive this on another comp running XP later and I'll fill ya' in with a better/more detail opinion of it all. It sounds wicked though. Glad to see you haven't let circumstances slow you down man, keep it up.

EDIT : Just finished playing with it. I like the concept of it all, can't wait to see what it feels like in game; it's really innovative. Couple of side notes, I ain't too familiar with the controls, would have appreciated a little blurb about all before hand. Secondly, I found this glitch while you hold down or down and do a simple attack combo on a target. Doesn't happen all of the time, but some times you get stuck. Forever. Anyways, I love where this is going.

. Yes i had that glitch to

OK! Updated version with some bugfixes and additions.

http://www.filedropper.com/mechamadnessbaseengine_2

-Fixed

Animation freeze

-Added

Leveling up jingle

Stats fading in and out

Critical hits on enemies

Enemies dying after losing all HP

Elemental damage multipliers [Like Pokemon]

Damage to enemies based on your attack and their defense

Try it out. To switch to the fire shield, hold button 4[the guard button], press up and then scroll to the right for it. You can set your own controlscheme by holding ctrl and pressing Y. To do special elemental attacks, press button 3. There are many different special attacks based on the directions you're holding. There is also a neutral attack which is very strong but consumes lots of energy.

I is to add 1 to your energy meter.

J is to spawn super defense enemy that only dies from criticals

D is to spawn aquatic elemental enemy that takes 1/2 damage from fire attacks.

OK! Updated version with some bugfixes and additions.

http://www.filedropper.com/mechamadnessbaseengine_2

-Fixed

Animation freeze

-Added

Leveling up jingle

Stats fading in and out

Critical hits on enemies

Enemies dying after losing all HP

Elemental damage multipliers [Like Pokemon]

Damage to enemies based on your attack and their defense

Try it out. To switch to the fire shield, hold button 4[the guard button], press up and then scroll to the right for it. You can set your own controlscheme by holding ctrl and pressing Y. To do special elemental attacks, press button 3. There are many different special attacks based on the directions you're holding. There is also a neutral attack which is very strong but consumes lots of energy.

I is to add 1 to your energy meter.

J is to spawn super defense enemy that only dies from criticals

D is to spawn aquatic elemental enemy that takes 1/2 damage from fire attacks.

I don't think you know how much I love this game right now. The graphics are fantastic, the gameplay is nice and smooth, I loved the effect too.....Especialy when supersonic Transforms but I noticed you haven't finished supersonic's pallet change or the supersonic sprites?